• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the Layout of the Products Page

Does anyone know of a working contribution that changes the layout of the product page?

I tried the Product Listing Module 2.2 for July 2002, written by Denis Stankovski bbut it doesn't work on the 2.2ms2 cart (current version).

Any other ones that I haven't seen? :unsure:

The only way I can see is to actually change the layout of the code in product_info.php

After all, the "basic" structure is html tables.

What exactly do you want to change?

I want the product pages to break out of the tables and have thumbnails instead, similar to the What's New layout.

Edited by bluemoon

did you look at simple template system (STS)? It will control the layout of your whole site including the products page and will give you a lot of flexibility in the layout. Otherwise, you will have to 'hack' into the code and mess with the html as mikeyj mentioned.

You will still have to chop away with sts, sts is only a box layout contribution as good as it is, it will not change content of a page you have to edit a different page thats all, from stock osc. It will mean I am affraid getting hands dirty and changing things about.

Nevermind extracted server code and reconstructed it to see how its done very simple really, will change all graphics and release as a them for osc I think, nice work.

One problem with your site stefano pino, browsers like mozilla and firefox, doh and opera it seems that they do not pull the background images up to set the tables correct. So although IE shows it nice and great work it has some way to be perfect in other browsers.

ops i haven't tested it yet with other browsers than ie....

but ie is always the most used... about 97.7% on my stats results

why should i move my ass for the 2.3% of the world population....

heyyyy I'm Italian!!! I will use that time to eat some more pasta!!!!

1.gif

jokes apart...you can try to align the infoboxheading corners on top

and that arrangement should fix the look on opera... sometime i forget it

cause in ie looks ok as it is...

if you need the product_listing.php source no problem.. i will send it to you...

Edited by ashram78