• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Huge fonts? all products 30a

Ok installed all products, seems to work fine except that the fonts on the all_products page are massive, can't seem to change it. I do use STS Templates as well, could that be the issue? Additionally images arent showing up - a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by razorjack

check the image properties and see what path osc is trying to get the images from. Also, view the html source of the page and see the 'class' that the text is and find out where that class is defined. Its probably stylesheet.css unless STS has some other method (I'm not familiar with how STS works).

I know this isn't an exact answer to your problem, but you need to start 'sniffing around' and debugging to find the problem and this is how to start.

There is some evidence to believe that spiders consider H1 tags especially tasty. I addressed this by making the product names in my product pages H1 tags (with a suitable addition to the stylesheet) and dropped the H1 and H2 tags from all_products. My guess is that spiders would probably find a whole bunch of H1 tags on a single page to give them indigestion.

The idea here is that you want the spiders to easily find your category and product pages. You don't need H1 tags for that.

In product_info.php, replace:

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

with

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

You may want to find the similar line in index.php (the default one is

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

and change accordingly.

in stylesheet.css,

replace:

TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading {

with

TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading, H1 {

I then took all the H1s and H2s out of all_products.php.