• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

footer alignment

hi i have been using oscommerce for about a week with the STS contribution now and i got the colours and parts of the css sheet done. i have a light problem, how can i change the footer alignment to centre. also how can i adjust the bottom text so that it reads:

Powered by osCommerce ?
Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Edited by The_Bear

Dave,

Did you look at the file?

Find where it displays the text you want to align, which should be "echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY".

There is a bunch of comments around this code.

Find the <td> just above and make sure there is align="center" inside the <td>. So something like

<td align="center" class = something>
<?php
/*
copyright information

*/
echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY
?>

The exact code may be different than what I posted but it should be similar.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you should be able to figure that out just by looking at the other code in that file. Also, search on google for some html help sites that can help you in working on your site. Remember, with osc you need be patient and show some independence in trying to figure things out. And always use the search feature before posting.

Also, since I see you are still customizing your site, take a look at the Wiki Docs, which explains a lot of things you might be interested in doing to your site:

http://wiki.oscommerce.com/docs

If you still have problems, then feel free to post or PM me.

Edited by safoo

what im saying is that the text moves to the left of the screen but i want for it to move to the centre.

i think my url will help a bit more: http://www.thepccentre.com/catalog

I don't have STS installed but did use it at one time. IIRC, you include the footer with something like $footer. To center it, try placing $footer in a table and set the tables alignment to center.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons