• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Register Globals Support

Same scenario as everyone else it seems...switching off the REGISTER_GLOBALS without warning has created a lot of work...installed a new OS2.2 MS2 thought id upgrade while I was at it...ADMIN great everything seems to work but cant access the catalogue keep getting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_save_path() in /freeola/users/3/4/sr0087843/htdocs/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 142

Line 142 reads as follows

tep_session_save_path(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY);

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, sorry for not attending to the support requests that have been posted - I've been busy !

To answer Ben Noji's point (2 June) about adding entries to var_refs, no you won't break anything. As mentioned in the installation, you might be better off using the 'careless' version of the session variable mapper function - it doesn't require this sort of maintenance. I will have a look at the problem though and come back with a better answer.

As for the other problems, I'll try and have a look this evening and get back to you.

The problem experienced by Rebecca (wild one) is particularly interesting - I though this might happen, and I have a feeling I'm about to hit the same problem ! Again, I'll try and look at it this evening.

regards,

Rich.

Deodupke Posted on May 24 2004, 09:16 PM

QUOTE (rzazueta @ May 24 2004, 09:12 PM)

Hello, all. I've dutifully applied all the patches to an uninstalled copy of 2.2 DLed straight from the site. I wanted to do this before actually installing. However, I'm still seeing the "Register Globals" error, even though I've confirmed that the check has been commented out in each of the admin and catalog files.

Any idea what's happening?

Thanks!

Rob Z.

do you get the error while installing? because i had this too,

i solved this by commenting the register_globals check in application.php in your /install/includes

Thanks a lot for this post guys, that solved my problem. It was the register_globals check in application.php in your /install/includes/

that was still giving me the problems. Your all life savers!!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. Ran into a few more issues regarding Register Globals in general. For some reason, today I had the same var_ref problem, but this time is was three different vars with no code changes since the last time... Odd.

Also, I believe the CC payment module requires some changes with its use of globals to store the CC data. When I look in the admin order panel I see blanks for everything except the censored card digits.

The offending lines are in /catalog/includes/classes/order.php in cart() :

'cc_type' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_type']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_type'] : ''),

'cc_owner' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_owner']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_owner'] : ''),

'cc_number' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_number']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_number'] : ''),

'cc_expires' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_expires']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_expires'] : ''),

I'm working on a fix for this but what I find odd is that the cc_number goes through fine. I suspect this has to do with the payment module pulling the numbers to censor them before inserting into the table.

Ok. Fixed "The Wrong Way". Just drew from $_POST vars since thats where order->cart is called anyway. Not sure if i might have broken anything else, but it seems to work fine and I was in a huge hurry.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here's a new one for you......

My host has turned off the reg'_globals after having someone use it to implant nasty things in ppl's index pages......

Since then my site has been down....Then I found this contribution, and I thaught great, this might fix it......

I applied the changes to the files in the catalog half to test if the work arround would work, only to find that when i went to the default page, it re-directed me to a blank page (supposedly logoff.php) which contains nothing except another re-direct which keeps refreshing the blank page over and over.....

I have no idea why this is happening.......Or where this supposed logoff.php file is being generated from????

Any idea's?

Hi all

Thanks for the work on this contribution

I have installed this contrib. Over 2.2 ms2 and it seemed to be working until I tried to read my order information some of the card details were not showing up in admin. And the new orders, which were being taken, had information missing.

I have deduced that it is probably because I am running the contribution cc_cvv+encryption v1.7 on the site, which is not compatible with this contribution.

If any one ask any ideas on how to make the two compatible please drop me a line.

At the moment I have to run the site with the contribution installed with the globles on, which I have here is a very bad idea but all seems to be fine at the moment. If any one has any good resins way I should not be running this contribution with globles on please me know also.

:D

Thanks

Richard

Richard

I have installed the "register_globals" latest contrib. I am having problems at my

admin mentioned as far as i have seen-

i. no category images are coming.

ii. it shows that image directory is not set, so no image is available.

iii. it cannot show the file manager.

iv. there is backup/ folder error.

v. most of all no modules are showing.

I am using Win2k, Apache and osC2.2 M2.

The thing surprised me that when i make the register_globals on then everything

gets allright. But I cannot have register_globals on at my host place. So, I am having a huge delay for my store to be launched. Please help me in solving this up.

Regards

Ruhin.

I have installed the "register_globals" latest contrib. I am having problems at my

admin mentioned as far as i have seen-

i. no category images are coming.

ii. it shows that image directory is not set, so no image is available.

iii. it cannot show the file manager.

iv. there is backup/ folder error.

v. most of all no modules are showing.

I am using Win2k, Apache and osC2.2 M2.

The thing surprised me that when i make the register_globals on then everything

gets allright. But I cannot have register_globals on at my host place. So, I am having a huge delay for my store to be launched. Please help me in solving this up.

Regards

Ruhin.

Ruhin

My only suggestion and bad as it may sound is to recheck your code compared to the contribution code and your original and make sure it is installed right.

I have installed mine on apache and have not come across any of the problems, which you are describing

Good luck with it.

Richard.

Richard

I moved a site from a Unix platform to a Windows platform and had a lot of issues, not least was this register globals problem. Anyway used this contrib and it helped in the fix.

A couple of issues I had (and fixed) on a Windows box:

1 - a partial page was displaying or the page was redirecting constantly. Only an issue on Internet Explorer and not Mozilla. The cause was buffering but I couldn't fix it until I found if I turned off gzip support it stopped the HTTP compression and this issue went away. (do this through the admin screens)

2 - Problem with backups and uploading images. Still working on this. My theory is the site is running as a user id that doesn't have write persmission on the directorys in question.

3 - There appears to be a bug in the admin patch labeled 030740. The problem was the admin security wasn't working and access to /admin/index.php (amongst others) was possible without logging in.

The code in /admin/includes/functions/general.php had to be modified as follows:

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {

//-----Comment this line out ---> return stristr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], $url);

//global $logger;

header('Location: ' . $url);

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {

if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;

$logger->timer_stop();

}

exit;

}

4 - I have a ton of contribs loaded and had to go to the less strict version of the sessions mapping code.

5 - I was getting warning messages about using a side effect from earlier versions of PHP. I used the '@' to suppress warnings in the following code (in /includes/functions/sessions.php )

if (PHP_VERSION >= '4.0.4') {

return @session_write_close();

} elseif (function_exists('session_close')) {

return session_close();

}

Dylan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Thank you for this usefull contrib.

But I still have a BIG problem with it : I did not manage to get EasyPopulate working with register_globals=Off.

I installed a 2.2MS2 osc version + the latest "Register globals" patches : everything was working fine. I installed EasyPopulate v2.74 (and even older versions) but it was unworkable : impossible to download or create a file in the temp/ directory (I did not try to upload) and no error message thrown. So, I turned register_globals On (on my testing server) and EP worked ... but my host will not accept this.

So, does anyone have the same problem ?

Does anybody know a solution ?

Do I completly mistake the way to deal with the contrib (I am French :D ) ?

Thanks.

regards

Pouce

Hey, thanks for the patch. I'm installing on windows and running apache. I installed and admin was working ok. Then I modified as per the patch instructions, turned off register_globals and now when i go to admin i get:

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

any idea what the could be? i don't really even know where to look.

• 2 weeks later...

i followed the instructions but i still get:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

it used to get that error only occasionally, but now i get when i go to any page. help please.

thank you.

I'm still trying to install the program & still having a register_globals error despite having followed the instructions of V1.1 of the patch. This is rather confusing. I notice that my catalog/includes file does not have an application.php just an application-top & application_bottom. Might this have anything to do with anything whatsoever?

Please help as I'm very keen to get this installed & have a look at it. I've been working at it for days now.

Thanks

Sam

I have installed the patch recently (thanks for that) and everything seems fine so far... except one little bug that is quite annoying for me. When i turn register_globals to off, there is no way i can get the product attributes pages to show except number 1. In fact whichever page i try to reach, it allways stays on page one (I have more than 70 pages).

the address is correct (for example: http://127.0.0.1/ms2fr/catalog/admin/produ...ribute_page=34) but still it shows page one.

When i turn register_globals back to on, everything works fine...

I will have to go live soon and will not be able to turn on anymore.

Any idea where the bug could be, as u seem to be very much into the osc programming?

Thanks for ur help.

PierreA,

I can't give you an answer on this right now, but I shall have a look as soon as I can (sorry - I can't promise it will be this evening - but within the next day or two), and I'll post a more useful reply - if you don't get an answer soon, send me a PM and hassle me - I've probably forgotten !

I'll also have a quick look at the other recent problems that have been posted here and see if I can offer some help and maybe upload a bug-fix for the contrib.

A general note to people out there, sorry if it seems that I have abandoned this contrib (and my other contribs) - I am extremely busy these days and find it very difficult to devote any time to these things at all. As a result, I don't monitor the message boards very often either - maybe only once every couple of months.

However, if you have a specific problem, you can send me a PM or an email (I think my email address is in the contrib docs, if I remember correctly) - if you do this, then I will try and offer some help and I'll post up a reply.

Sorry again, and regards,

Rich.

Hello ,

Thanx for the contrib about

But after making all changes Catalog works perfectly but admin part has some bugs. There are no active links for administration, just simple text lines like Odrers, Customers ets. without <a></a> links. Hope you understand what I mean.

As well there is a bug in products_attributes.php

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS' at line 1

select * from products_options where language_id = '4' order by products_options_id LIMIT 0, MAX_ROW_LISTS_OPTIONS

[TEP STOP]

HEADING_TITLE_OPT 

TEXT_OPTION_IDTEXT_OPTION_NAME

Warning: Division by zero in admin/products_attributes.php on line 221

Edited by Alex Zuyev

Best wishes,

Alex Z.

I'm not able to extract the latest version from "22 August"

I get 28 errors with this message

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

please upload again, I need this

THanks

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

I just installed a fresh install of oscommerce MS2. Downloaded the latest register globals patch abnd installed. now in the admin area I go in to the modules i am getting this error when ever i click any module

(replace file name for module name)

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class flat in C:\NewShop\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\flat.php on line 13"

or

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_shipping in C:\NewShop\catalog\includes\modules\order_total\ot_shipping.php on line 13

or

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cod in C:\NewShop\catalog\includes\modules\payment\cod.php on line 13

and so on and on