• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Use Paypal whitout going outside the page

SGershon

Hello.

I am studying the Paypal system.

I am wondering if there is a way, o a Paypal service, that allows one to process all the checkout from inside the store, without going to Paypal and back.

Is there?

If not, what alternatives do we have?

We really don't want to use any external page in our store, specially in the checkout.

If at first you don't succeed, you must be a programmer.

Tip Posted: Languageless Reviews

Yes you will need to get a merchant account.

Depending where you are you need to look to payment providers that support curl or something similar which will enable your customer not to have to leave the store.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

• 4 weeks later...

Because of what paypal is and how it works you can not just send data and get back a return code to process sale. PayPal is not a merchent account it is a hybrid clearing house but the way they are structured they dont even fall under a clearing house under the FDC so they dont even have to insure your money look at paypalsucks.org or nopaypal.org they explain pretty good. And just in case I am a paypal user so im not anti paypal or bashing them is just how it is. As for not leaving your site to process the sale with paypal it iis imposible you will always be transfered to paypal site to enter email and accept charge its just how it is.

Good Luck

Vic

Use a credit card processor instead of paypal. It should be cheaper too. There are many processors that are supported using one of the contributions.

What??? I have looked all around and all the merchant accounts I find charge about $200 set up fee, a $20 minimum per month service fee, and on top of that the per transaction fees were about the same as PayPals.

Can you please let me know what services you are talking about that are cheaper than paypal, because I would like to use them.

I have lost many customers when I was only using PayPal for credit cards. Paypal is a pain for many people to use, especially the ones that aren't savvy web pros like us! B)

Yeah, the rates can be pretty close, but a merchant account is the way to go. I can take cc number right over the phone with zero hassle to the customer.

I only use Paypal for international orders now. They have pretty good built in fraud screening.

Thats my 2 cents.

Jason

@deeptronics.com

So what is the conclusion, is PayPal, that apparently one loves to hate, a liability in terms of usability? What service, besides the merchant account, can one use?

Mario.

• 1 year later...

Brandon,

How did you get on with World Pay, or did you find someone better?

I have initially set my site up with PayPal but am worried people will be put off with all the messing around when having to pay at the PAyPal end of things.

Thanks,

Donhinio.

PayPal can be very close in fees. For a smaller sales business PayPal is better than a merchant account as there is no setup fee or monthly fee. When you get into larger volume the merchant account works out better. PayPal does offer a "Virtual Terminal", which I believe does have a small monthly fee, but it allows you to take credit cards and process them. You get the CC info over the phone, in person, fax or email and thenprocess the card. check out https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vt_hub-outside The biggest issue I have had with PayPal is them randomly assessing fraud to a transaction and removing the fees. I got them back after I provided information about where the product was shipped and delivery confirmation, but had I of not had that info, I would have lost $350. I use PayPal for my websites, ebay auctions and websites I build. I think they provide a good service at almost reasonable prices. I know from experience that unless I am doing a lot more business a merchant account is not the best option for me.

As far as this threads topic.... you can process payments through PayPal without leaving your site. It is called Website Payments Pro https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...verview-outside and it does require the user to either join or be an existing PayPal customer, but you don't leave the site. This service is free until October 31 so checkit out and see what you think.

PayPal can be very close in fees. For a smaller sales business PayPal is better than a merchant account as there is no setup fee or monthly fee. When you get into larger volume the merchant account works out better. PayPal does offer a "Virtual Terminal", which I believe does have a small monthly fee, but it allows you to take credit cards and process them. You get the CC info over the phone, in person, fax or email and thenprocess the card. check out https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vt_hub-outside The biggest issue I have had with PayPal is them randomly assessing fraud to a transaction and removing the fees. I got them back after I provided information about where the product was shipped and delivery confirmation, but had I of not had that info, I would have lost $350. I use PayPal for my websites, ebay auctions and websites I build. I think they provide a good service at almost reasonable prices. I know from experience that unless I am doing a lot more business a merchant account is not the best option for me.

As far as this threads topic.... you can process payments through PayPal without leaving your site. It is called Website Payments Pro https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...verview-outside and it does require the user to either join or be an existing PayPal customer, but you don't leave the site. This service is free until October 31 so checkit out and see what you think.

all I'm reading is that wpp doesn't not work with oscommerce and if you do get to work it will be against paypal's TOS, that's why they deleted all those posts and contribs, even zencart doesn't want to mess with it.

well tomorrow I'm gonna call paypal and see if I can back out of wpp before they start charging.

Hi there, my client is using authorize.net and would like to use paypal as another option for those without a CC.

Now my only problem with this is this is leaves the cart, and we dont want that now do we?

I have read through the posts here and i see the alternatives but no solution for paypal? is there one?

Does anyone know about this mod...

paypal mod

is this a good thing or a bad thing?

any help appreciated

:blink:

hmm, i just went to the site and went through the check out process to see how it all worked, it still gos off to paypal.

Any solutions?

I might not mind using the paypal if it would come back to the cart. I would like it to come back to the checkout_success page

Edited by tec

hmm, i just went to the site and went through the check out process to see how it all worked, it still gos off to paypal.

Any solutions?

I might not mind using the paypal if it would come back to the cart. I would like it to come back to the checkout_success page

If you go to your pay pal account overview and select profile>web site payment preferences you will find you can specify the return url which should be some thing like http://yoursite/checkout_success.php hope this helps

mike

Any solutions?

If you go to your pay pal account overview and select profile>web site payment preferences you will find you can specify the return url which should be some thing like http://yoursite/checkout_success.php hope this helps

mike :P ;)