• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pdf Catalogue

I am not able to get to the catalogue area in the admin. When I click on Generate Catalog(s) under Tools in the admin area, I get this:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request more access or if you found any problem.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

MsKitti

I understand that I have to be the admin to authorize. I am the admin and owner of the store. In the administrator area in administrator/file access, I have added pdf_catalogue.php and in TOOLS I added pdf_catalogue_info.php.

I am not sure if I am doing that right. I really don't know what to add where?

Anyway, I am getting this error when I click on Tools/Generate Catalog(s):

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/pdf_catalogue_info.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mywebsitename.com/www/mywebsitename.com/catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 26

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/pdf_catalogue_info.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mywebsitename.com/www/mywebsitename.com/catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 26

What should I do?

Kitti

Hello Kitti,

If you look in the distribution there is a file in admin/includes/languages/english/ directory named pdf_catalogue_info.php. That is the language file noted as missing.

Copy that file to your server into the admin/includes/languages/english/ directory and that will stop this error.

R

The zip file that I downloaded did not have pdf_catalogue_info.php in admin/includes/languages/english/, however it was in includes/languages/english.

So, where is pdf_catalogue_info.php suppose to be in the admin area or catalog area?

If pdf_catalogue_info.php goes in the admin area, then someone should fix the directory and file structure in the PDF_Catalogs_v1.5 download.

Anyway, now I am getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/progroom.com/www/progroom.com/catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 28

The pdf_catalogue_info.php page it's talking about:

<?php

/******************************************************************************/

/******************************************************************************/

/* PDF Catalogs v.1.5 for osCommerce v.2.2 MS2 */

/* */

/* by Antonios THROUVALAS ([email protected]), April 2004 */

/* */

/* Based on PDF Catalogs v.1.4 by [email protected] */

/* */

/* Uses FPDF (http://www.fpdf.org), Version 1.52, by Olivier PLATHEY */

/* */

/* Credit goes also to: */

/* - Yamasoft (http://www.yamasoft.com/php-gif.zip) for their GIF class, */

/* - Jerome FENAL ([email protected]) for introducing GIF Support */

/* in the FPDF Class, */

/* - The osC forums members (www.oscommerce.com/forums)! */

/* */

/* Please donate to the osCommerce Core Team! */

/* */

/* Freeware, You may use, modify and redistribute this software as you wish! */

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Download PDF Catalog');

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Download PDF Catalog');

define('TEXT_PDF_DESCRIPTION', 'You can download a PDF version of our entire catalog!<br><br>');

define('TEXT_PDF_DOWNLOAD', '<br>With free Acrobat Reader® software, you can view and print Adobe PDF files.<br>If you don\'t have it, <b>get it here:</b><br>');

define('TEXT_PDF_END', '<br><br>');

?>

Kitti

OK, I removed the 1.5 version, downloaded 1.51 (a fixed version) and installed it. I am now getting this error:

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/xxx/mywebsitename.com/xxx/mywebsitename.com//catalog/catalogues/SW114-60.jpg' for writing in /xxx/mywebsitename.com/xxx/mywebsitename.com/catalog/admin/pdf_catalogue.php on line 201

In the admin/pdf_catalogue.php file on line 201 is:

if(!imagejpeg($im, $destination.$array[$last-1]))

If you notice in the first warning line above it show 2 (//) just before catalog. I cannot find where that is.

What a pain in the, the, the neck!!

Kitti

I just keep helping myself here. The instructions stated to chmod the catalogue directory to 755. I got the error above. I chmoded that file to 777 and now I don't get an error, but I do get this: Only PNG and JPEG.

That is the only thing that shows on the page now.

I am assuming I cannot use this mod, because I am using jpg images??

Kitti

Edited by kittidid

Well, I played around with pdf_config.php and set define('RESIZE_IMAGES',0); from 1 to 0 and I was able to create a pdf catalog. So far all is good.

Sorry for answering myself so many times, but maybe this will help someone else.

Kitti

All I see that is wrong with this mod is the font size of the model #, title and price. I just cannot find where to change these. The font in the pdf reader is at 100%, but the font is so, so small. And there is so much white space that is not necessary.

Also, the price is in format 79.99E. I need it to be 79.99 without the E character.

Does anyone know what I can do about these 2 formats?

Also, the mod creator states that the mod will give a description. Well, it does not, it gives a title, not a description of the product. I was hoping for the product description as well.

Kitti

Edited by kittidid

79.99E - the E usually means you have a very large number I think in the field. A bigger amount than the catagloue field can display. Not sure but check it.

It should not be too hard to add the description field what is displayed. Have a look at the code ...

Kitti,

I am not the contributor of this package, but I do wish you well in using it. You are surely learning a lot about this stuff that will help you in the future!

Just to get you pointed in the right direction where fonts are concerned, look at pdf_catalogue.php in admin for lines such as:

$this->SetFont('Arial','',8);

The three parts are "font", "decoration", "size". The line above sets the font to Arial, no decoration, and 8 points. Decoration could be "B" for bold or "I" for Italic, or "BI" and so on.

You will find the line above at the start of the text part of each products display in the function "DrawCells($data_array)". You could BOLD the type and set it to 12 points with "$this->SetFont('Arial','B',12);".

Just be sure to change it back after you show the Model and Name of the product.... that is, you just use another "$this->SetFont('Arial','',8);" before you print the next data lines.

You can move things around and do a lot of different things in the final layout, depending on what you want. I resize the images and other stuff. Take a look:

A PDF catalog

Ok, hope this helps,

RDB

Edited by rbartz

Hiya

Ive had a look at your PDF catalog and would like to know how you did the front page. i.e. inserted a logo etc.

Cheers

Jub

A friend and I added a page in osc so I could change the header at anytime and it would not bother any other pages. Now I can go in and edit the header and it changes on all pages. The header we made consists of: the logo area down to the breadcrumbs link. I like a lot. Much easier to change this area now. I wanted it like this because I have holiday specials and it's a great place to put holiday banners I create.

I looked at your pdf catalog and noticed your product descriptions are showing. Mine do not. I wonder why? Did I miss something?

ProGroom PDF Catalog

Kitti

Hiya Kitti

I noticed in a previous post that you are getting the E sign? This stands for Euros, and can be changed in the pdf_config file

code to edit is:

//Base Currency

define('CURRENCY','?');

Change the ? to either $ or ?, or which ever currency symbol you use.

Jub