• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.48 Support

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed NewsDesk 1.48.3 in a brand new copy of OSC. I saw this code in the file and didn't know what it was for since it say MS1 and I am using MS2.

I didn't see any updates for the code or any mentions of it. Do I need something to make it MS2 compatible.

Thanks for the great mod Steve. Looks like it will be an excellent addition.

I have the same question, could anyone please answer that?

thanks!

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

Is there an if statement in your column file?

this is the beginning of my column:

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_right.php,v 1.17 2003/06/09 22:06:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

//  BEGIN NewsDesk
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsdesk_latest.php');
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsdesk.php');
// END NewsDesk

so no IF.

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

this is the beginning of my column:

<?php
/*
 $Id: column_right.php,v 1.17 2003/06/09 22:06:41 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

//  BEGIN NewsDesk
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsdesk_latest.php');
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'newsdesk.php');
// END NewsDesk

so no IF.

Your next best bet is to look in newsdesk.php. If you see an if statement in there that has something to do with what page you are on than you may try commenting it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this and got it working after a little work. Couple questions: In admin settings if i change listing settings it really dosent effect anywere! Is there something wrong?

Is there a way to handle news page so that now if i have one image there i would like to text wrap underneth there insted now if i have little more text it is just big narrow line down and people have to scroll to see it.

btw i noticed that if i have a image that i want use already uploaded and just give a name into this contributions options it overwrites image files into empty file!

another suggestion is that now when these optional languages are "hardcoded" for me my native and only language was id4 so i got all the exsamples in france i think. They werent too helpfull for me.

one more thing how come this support thread is listed like this? It is impossible to find anything from there

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have a problem with the date.. it puts up the right date when I post a new 'news'-item - but when i select another date from the javascript thingy - it doesnt change in my inputfield..nor does it keep track of it.. is this a known issue? Where there problems before with using that java-script calander?

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just spent the last few hours loooking through this tread for an answer to my question and unless i am having a bad dyslex moment i cant seem to find the answer i seek,

I have installed the Contab as per instruction and everything seem to be showing well in the Catalog side as does the NewsDesk Admin side but when i click the Article Management link in admin i get a blank page with the following error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/xxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/newsdesk.php on line 16

It is refering to a file that was provided so i can only assume its corect so this error shount be showing,

Has anyone any Ideas,

This is the only error i can see but seems to be a major one for me

The NewsDesk has been set up on a MS2.2 with about 5 other Contabs on it so far

I like what i can see of this Contab and would like a chance to get to use it. so i can, if nothing else make a post to say How great it is without the BUT!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Many tnx to Steve aka 241 for this great contribution.

NewsDesk v.1.48.3 works great. Ijust added some faq and some easy code changes for sticky news etc...

I read the FAQ on newsdesk_index.php not displaying and to me it looks like that particular FAQ is corrupt. So what is the answer to newsdesk_index.php showing a blank page?

thanks

I read the FAQ on newsdesk_index.php not displaying and to me it looks like that particular FAQ is corrupt. So what is the answer to newsdesk_index.php showing a blank page?

thanks

My page is displaying fine. My store is highly modified (including BTS), so pasting the source will most likely not help, but looking at the HTML output on my page vs. what is output on your non-working page may give you some clues.

(and yea, I know it's been way to long w/o a news posting!)

I seem to have a new problem with my Newsdesk. On the admin side - when i type in my box for the content (its prob the same for sumary too, but i only put one line in that) it automaticaly adds extra <br/>'s .. and i dont need them!!! Everytime i edit it adds new <br/>'s... I dont have this with my other boxes...

I do use a editor so instead of tep_draw_input or whatever it is i changed it too tep_draw_fckeditor (or something)...This works fine on all my other pages (yeah i made some kind of small cms where you can edit each text displayed in the shop in your admin using that editor) and i dont have any problems with those pages....

Any idea what could be causing these 'extra' <br/>'s????

Thnx,

Kind Regards,

Tom

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

navigation bar help

I've installed the new version, looks fine but I got a couple of questions

1. where's the navigation bar?

2. I have 3 articles in top category, and another 3 articles in a test category and set to show 2 articles on homepage. Now I can only see 2 articles on the homepage, no categories, no navigation bars

3. where's the category box suppose to be? I can not see it.

my oscommerce is modified but I don't think there's any conflict with the newsdesk.

can anyone help please?

Edited by PHP-XML

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone got a weird issue i just cant pinpoint the casue of...

getitng an error from the module on newsdesk_index.php when trying to view any article

1054 - Unknown column 'p.newsdesk_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.newsdesk_id) as total from newsdesk_description pd, newsdesk p left join manufacturers m on p.newsdesk_id = m.manufacturers_id, newsdesk_to_categories p2c left join specials s on p.newsdesk_id = s.products_id where p.newsdesk_status = '1' and p.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.newsdesk_id = p2c.newsdesk_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '6'

anyone have any ideas?

Hi everyone got a weird issue i just cant pinpoint the casue of...

getitng an error from the module on newsdesk_index.php when trying to view any article

anyone have any ideas?

It's looking like an incompatibility issue with mysql 5.0

see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html

you probably are going to find other similar errors in the code where left joins are used.

The issue is that with v5 it expects the products table to be mentioned as the last table before the left join command. Often you can work around this by switching the order of the tables in the from clause, sometimes that's not possible, and you are better of rewriting the query. See the link for how to do multiple left joins ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

thanks

I think the answer was that this page is not an index page like most. It has to be called with a special news desk item as part of the call.

Guys i face below problems anyone can pls help?

Im using oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

1.0 catalog page

1.1 above the catalog

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_STICKY', 'newsdesk_sticky.php'); // END newsdesk ?> EWS_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_reviews_description'); // END newsdesk ?>

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/ctl/includes/filenames.php:85) in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/ctl/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/ctl/includes/filenames.php:85) in /home/theshop/domains/theshop.com.my/public_html/ctl/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

e.com/community.php/faq,26/q,50 Please leave this comment intact together with the following copyright announcement. */ define('FOOTER_TEXT_BODY', 'Copyright ? ' . date('Y') . ' ' . STORE_NAME . '