• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.48 Support

Hi guys ..

at the beginning i ddin't need search function .. now i don't know any more is it possible to have search box for news?

i did look at configuration but i don't find anything rekated to seraching the news?

thanx in advance

Gregor

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody!

My problem is that when i click on my NEWS category : "newsdesk_index.php?newsdeskPath=4" no news are showing, but this text:

"There are no news articles in this category".

I did this:

catalog/newsdesk_index.php locate code
$category_depth = 'top';

change to

//$category_depth = 'top';
$category_depth = 'products';

And now a drop down list with categories appeared but still "There are no news articles in this category". How to fix this?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpi5zeS2' to '/home/bs2004/public_html/catalog/images/NTXGENX-2.jpg' in /home/bs2004/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 94

I just installed this and another contribution and now am getting this error when I try to upload a new image or update an image for a product.

The other contribution is Fancier Invoice & Packing Slip but I highly doubt it has anything to do with the error.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve!

How can I change the way on the index.php page how the Sticky and News and Information heading looks? In short which php file describes this?

When I write a sticky about a new product it will be a COOL FEATURE if I can assign direct link to a product in the header of the article so the headline will be the link itself.

If the article or news has the headline

Logitech Driving Force Pro then the link should point to the product_info page.

Can you help me to make it possible to control it through admin pe. with a "direct link to the product" input field under the headline input field?

Previously I asked from you how can I remove the wyiswyg editor used by you cos I like to use HTML wyiswyg 1.7 wich can be assign to every necessary window in admin/newsdesk.php.

The News and Information box on the index.php displays an image. I dont want to take me to the newsdesk_info.php page when I click on the image. How can I turn off this feature?

Sorry for my poor english if something was not clear enough please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

:huh: I tried to install NewsDesk v_1.48.3 and I currently use STS. However I can not get it to show in the catalog. I looked it up in the NewsDesk forum but did not find an answer to it. Therefore I would like to know if anyone knows of any conflicts between STS and NewsDesk v 1.48.3? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I installed the NewsDESk the latest version 1.48.4 , But when i want to create a new category a hev this message and i can't create the new category :

1146 - La table 'k-motiv.table_stores' n'existe pas

select stores_id, stores_name from TABLE_STORES order by stores_id

[TEP STOP

In reality at the newsdesk.sql file there is not intruction to create a table called TABLE_STORES

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Sieved through this thread several times but found no cure for this unique problem encountered:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /home/crobin/public_html/ishop/includes/modules/newsdesk_listing.php on line 7

This error msg was given when clicked on any links in the News Category, drop-down box of category search and any key-word search. Have installed NewsDesk_v_1.48.3 on osc 2.2 MS1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please access this link to view the error msg:

http://www.rpmerleon.com

Edited by ZacCoco

Thks & Regards,

Zaccoco

If anyone using Newsdesk can help me I'll be very grateful. I've read through this thread and can't find this mentioned.

I have the mod installed and running and it works really well except for an error I get on some information pages (shipping and the like).

The error is:

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in /.../.../.../includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 76

Same again for line 83.

The two lines are as follows:

if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this mod - it is really great.

Simon

• 2 months later...

Hi there folks!

Hay love the whole news thing great concept.

Am but I don't know if I'm going mad. But what page do you go to to see a list of articles?

I thought it might be newsdesk_index.php but that doesn't work.

I am using the news contribution more to profile diferant manufacturers so I don't want the news in a box on anypage I just want to go to a page with a list of articles.....

Is this posible??

Cheers Every one

Jam

• 3 weeks later...

Many tnx to Steve aka 241 for this great contribution.

There is new updated full package on:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,newsdesk

Man i hate this newsdesk_v1.48.4 for M-S multi stores it messed up my test database :( i was lucky to make backup :D

NewsDesk v.1.48.3 works great. Ijust added some faq and some easy code changes for sticky news etc...

P.S.

Steve you make OsCommerce a happy news site :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this contribution. I installed it last night and everything seems to be working well. The only modification I did was removing the "write reviews" button in the newsdesk_info.php file.

None of the font related buttons (bold, glow text, shadow text, etc...) are showing in the admin when I add or edit a piece of news. The pathway to the buttons shows as catalog/admin/EDITOR_IMAGE/bold.gif

Is that correct? The newest package didn't come with any of those images and there isn't any folder called "EDITOR_IMAGE in admin.

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work on this contribution. I installed it last night and everything seems to be working well. The only modification I did was removing the "write reviews" button in the newsdesk_info.php file.

None of the font related buttons (bold, glow text, shadow text, etc...) are showing in the admin when I add or edit a piece of news. The pathway to the buttons shows as catalog/admin/EDITOR_IMAGE/bold.gif

Is that correct? The newest package didn't come with any of those images and there isn't any folder called "EDITOR_IMAGE in admin.

Thanks.

Ok I found the problem. The editor image buttons are in the wrong place. They were here: catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsdesk/html_editor/editor_images

So I changed the folder name to EDITOR_IMAGE and moved it to catalog/admin/ now it works fine.

Ok I found the problem. The editor image buttons are in the wrong place. They were here: catalog/admin/includes/modules/newsdesk/html_editor/editor_images

So I changed the folder name to EDITOR_IMAGE and moved it to catalog/admin/ now it works fine.

This solution is not correct; the problem is that EDITOR_IMAGE is undefined. Either it's missing from the current package instructions, or was not copied/entered correctly during install.

In catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php you should have a section similar to:

// Begin newsdesk

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK', 'newsdesk.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'newsdesk_configuration.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS', 'newsdesk_reviews.php');

define('EDITOR_IMAGE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/html_editor/editor_images');

// End newsdesk

See the definition for "EDITOR_IMAGE" ?

I have been having this problem with the way sub-catagories pull articles or should I say do not pull.

I have Newsdesk with catagories and subcatagories something like - Suv -> Jeep no articls show up in Jeep (or any sub-catagoroy) . I get a URL like: /newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=13_17 instead of /newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=17. If I change the URl to the second one everything displays. also the drop down menu at the top of the page works fine, meaning it gives the correct url.

Has anyone have any idea how to fix this?This is from a fresh install.

I'm having this same problem. Is there a fix for it?

Hi All

I have just installed this contribution and although it looks very good if you are prepared to sit and make all your own news items/rss items, but i was looking for something that would install to oscommerce that would accept external rss feeds and be displayed on my site with auto updating as the authors updated their feeds.

I don't think this contribution will cope or allow that will it?

I know it has an external link option but that's all it is, and there isn't even a paste option in the wysiwyg, so you cannot use any stored files on your pc to paste in.

Can anyone tell me where i can find a contribution to then input rss feeds addresses into that will auto show and update in my site.

Thank you

Steve

My Webpage

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

I can't get NEWSDESK to show , summary and images in the NEWSDESK BOX though the box shows selected headlines with link to the NEWS Page.

Any help will be much appreciated.My Webpage

On checking my error log I get the following everytime

I click on the arrow in the NEWS CATOGORY BOX

(that is the only entry though I uploaded the sql which came with

the latest version of contribution and erased my earlier news posts)

Mon Nov 14 00:31:38 2005] [error] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/affili43/affili43-www/catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

[Mon Nov 14 00:31:38 2005] [error] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/affili43/affili43-www/catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

[Mon Nov 14 00:31:38 2005] [error] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/affili43/affili43-www/catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

[Mon Nov 14 00:31:38 2005] [error] PHP Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/affili43/affili43-www/catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Can anyone suggest what could be wrong ?

Sieved through this thread several times but found no cure for this unique problem encountered:

Fatal error: Cannot pass parameter 3 by reference in /home/crobin/public_html/ishop/includes/modules/newsdesk_listing.php on line 7

This error msg was given when clicked on any links in the News Category, drop-down box of category search and any key-word search. Have installed NewsDesk_v_1.48.3 on osc 2.2 MS1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please access this link to view the error msg:

I also get the same error about passing PARAMETER 3 which is 'p.newsdesk_id'

$listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.newsdesk_id');

hi

that website link just above has the newsbox in the catalog side of the oscommerce exactly like the way i want it to show - how is that done?

can anyone please tell me?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

• 2 weeks later...

i have the news categorybox in my catalog but there is nothing showing up in it.

does anyone know how to get the news category box to actually show the news categories?

the other latest news box is fine

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Is there a way to hide the images until you click [Read More]?

Basically I have multiple News and have attached images to it. Well with all those News and images, it takes up a lot of space and you have to scroll down.

It would be nice to have the images hidden on the main page so only text will show up and then click [Read More] and it will show the full News with its images.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed NewsDesk 1.48.3 in a brand new copy of OSC. I saw this code in the file and didn't know what it was for since it say MS1 and I am using MS2.

#### [ OPEN ] ##################################################################

admin /index.php

#### [ ADD -- regular osc versions] ############################################################

NOTE !!!

Below code is ONLY for osC -- 2.2 and MS1

//BEGIN -- newsdesk

array(

'title' => BOX_HEADING_NEWSDESK,

'image' => 'catalog.gif',

'href' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK, 'selected_box=newsdesk'),

'children' => array(

array('title' => NEWSDESK_ARTICLES, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK, 'selected_box=newsdesk')),

array('title' => NEWSDESK_REVIEWS, 'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS, 'selected_box=newsdesk')))),

//END -- newsdesk

I didn't see any updates for the code or any mentions of it. Do I need something to make it MS2 compatible.

Thanks for the great mod Steve. Looks like it will be an excellent addition.