• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.48 Support

*** Newsdesk admin reviews fix ***

This fix will be included in the next release.

ISSUE:

no article name given when editing an article in the admin.

RESOLVE:

open file admin/newsdesk_reviews.php

locate all instances of this code:

$rinfo

change all instances of the code to:

$rInfo

save file admin/newsdesk_reviews.php and close

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve/241:

Thanks for this great contrib. I was wondering when features like the http link and text colors, shadow text, glow text, etc will be working? I'm not too concerned with shadow and glow, but the colors and links are critical. I have installed the latest version (newsdesk_v_1.48.2b_1_2) but these features are not functioning.

Thanks

Scott

Steve/241:

Thanks for this great contrib.? I was wondering when features like the http link and text colors, shadow text, glow text, etc will be working?? I'm not too concerned with shadow and glow, but the colors and links are critical.? I have installed the latest version (newsdesk_v_1.48.2b_1_2) but these features are not functioning.

Thanks

Scott

All the functions are working on my set up and this may be included in the next release shadow and glow work after a fashion.

Edited by 241

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

I get a error everytime I add the new code in "admin /index.php"

I am using 2.2ms2

I think that I can guess what is happening but if you post your code so as to be sure that it is a , ; issue

I have read all the info of your support thread. but have not find the answer. I have the problem is :

In my admin cosole. when i click the newsdesk.

'cn.table_newsdesk_configuration_group' doesn't exist

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP where visible = '1' order by sort_order

I install the newsdesk step by step follow the install.txt. and have load the sql to my database, the table are realy there . All the news display in the frontpage very well. I have install the chinese languages.

Use english language also have the problem .

Fan of OSC system.................

Comming From China.............

I have read all the info of your support thread. but have not find the answer. I have the problem is :

In my admin cosole. when i click the newsdesk.

'cn.table_newsdesk_configuration_group' doesn't exist

select configuration_group_id as cgID, configuration_group_title as cgTitle from TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP where visible = '1' order by sort_order

I install the newsdesk step by step follow the install.txt. and have load the sql to my database, the table are realy there . All the news display in the frontpage very well. I have install the chinese languages.

Use english language also have the problem .

What version of osCommerce are you running

What version of newsdesk have you installed

Did you have a previous version of newsdesk installed.

Have you tried dropping the newsdesk tables and rerunning the sql

Have you checked that all instructions have been followed.

do you have these defines in the admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK', 'newsdesk');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_description');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_TO_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_to_categories');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_categories');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_categories_description');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'newsdesk_configuration');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'newsdesk_configuration_group');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS', 'newsdesk_reviews');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_reviews_description');

and these defines in catalog/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK', 'newsdesk');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_description');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_TO_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_to_categories');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES', 'newsdesk_categories');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_categories_description');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION', 'newsdesk_configuration');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_CONFIGURATION_GROUP', 'newsdesk_configuration_group');

define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS', 'newsdesk_reviews');
define('TABLE_NEWSDESK_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION', 'newsdesk_reviews_description');

Hi Steve, Great Contribution! Alot of hard work has gone into it, so respect is due!

One problem I have thou is that in your latest version, there are not any settings for the "more info" page. I also get pictures that are pointing to nothing on this page.

Within the admin, when you create news, under the GB flag (Within the Article Image boxes 1, 2 and 3) there is also a picture that points to nothing, what should this be? the image size looks as it should be the same size as another flag.

Many Thanks In Advance

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Steve, Great Contribution! Alot of hard work has gone into it, so respect is due!

One problem I have thou is that in your latest version, there are not any settings for the "more info" page. I also get pictures that are pointing to nothing on this page.

Within the admin, when you create news, under the GB flag (Within the Article Image boxes 1, 2 and 3) there is also a picture that points to nothing, what should this be? the image size looks as it should be the same size as another flag.

Many Thanks In Advance

Kind Regards

Dave

What version osc do you have installed

Did you have a previous version of the NewsDesk installed.

The more info has always worked.

Images in the catalog, if the article is shown in the index page as a sticky then the images link to the article, however the images in the article are just images and not links.

The boxes below the flags in the admin are to show the images being used in that article, if no image is being used in the article then no image is shown and an image placement box is shown instead.

Thanks very much. I think other MOD have conflict the newsdesk. In a clean version of osCommerce2.2M2. All the things gones well. ;)

Fan of OSC system.................

Comming From China.............

Thanks very much. I think other MOD have conflict the newsdesk. In a clean version of osCommerce2.2M2. All the things gones well. ;)

what other contributions do you have installed as I do not understand why this would cause an issue as newsdesk uses it's own set of tables.

I have the newsdesk operating without issue on setups with around 90 contributions installed.

Hi.... :-)

I have been using the newsdesk for awhile and it works great.......

My question are not directely for the newsdesk but it does have relevance for those out there who uses the Polls and the newsdesk contribs.......

In the polls manager you can set in which categories the polls will be shown.....

But this goes for the shop/catalog categories and not for the newsdesk.

My question then is if there are anyone out there who has any idea how to add the option of choosing polls for newsdesk categories instead?

(as a replacement and/or an addition to todays choices)

My question are not directely for the newsdesk but it does have relevance for those out there who uses the Polls and the newsdesk contribs.......

You are correct that it is not really a newsdesk question however without looking into this I would think that it is a case of adding the sql query to newsdesk tables in order to pull the information required for polls.

I suggest posting in the polls forum and general forum for more coverage, swap the bias of your question so as to be weighted to the forum you post to as you have done here weighting to the newsdesk as the post is in newsdesk.

How about having a go at this mod yourself adding newsdesk categories and tables to the poll query.

Thanks for the reply Steve,

I will try to post it as you suggested, and if there are no takers....i will make it myself.... ( As most i am both lazy and pressed of time...lol)

Hello everybody,

first - many thanks to Steve for this well designed contribution.

I added the newsdesk version 1.48.3. Everthing works proper - expect the useful search-addon Wolfen made.

The Header of of the catalog/newsdesk_index.php shows two boxes. The right one shows a full-text search box and is working fine. The left box, as far as i can see, is the container for a category search. but this box doesn?t appear at my installation. for my eyes the code should work. what do you see?

<!-- Wolfen added code BOF 
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
<tr>
 <td class="pageHeading" width="70%">
<?php
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// let's make a drop down with all the categories and subcategories
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$info_box_contents = array();
if (MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST < 2) {
$cat_choose = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => NEWS_BOX_CATEGORIES_CHOOSE));
} else {
$cat_choose = '';
}
// Below lines changed by Wolfen
$categories_array = newsdesk_get_categories($cat_choose);
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($categories_array); $i++) {
$path = "";
$parent_categories = array();
//	newsdesk_get_parent_categories($parent_categories, $categories_array[$i]['id']);
//	for ($j = sizeof($parent_categories) - 1; $j>=0; $j--) {
//  $path = ($path == "") ? $parent_categories[$j] : ($path . "_" . $parent_categories[$j]);
//	}
$categories_array[$i]['id'] = ($path == "") ? $categories_array[$i]['id'] : ($path . "_" . $categories_array[$i]['id']);
}
$info_box_contents[] = array(
 'form' => '<form action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_INDEX) . '" method="get">',
 'align' => 'center',
 'text'  => newsdesk_show_draw_pull_down_menu('newsPath', $categories_array,'','onChange="this.form.submit();" size="' . ((sizeof($categories_array) < MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST) ? sizeof($categories_array) : MAX_MANUFACTURERS_LIST) . '" style="width:' . BOX_WIDTH . '"')
);
new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
 </td>
	 </form>
 <td class="pageHeading" width="30%">
<?php
// show search box
$hide = tep_hide_session_id();
$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array(
'form'  => '<form name="quick_find_news" method="get" action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false) . '">',
'align' => 'center',
'text'  => 
$hide . '<input type="text" name="keywords" size="20" maxlength="30" value="' 
. htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"])) 
. '" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-30) . 'px"> ' . tep_image_submit('button_quick_find.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH)
);
 new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
 </td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
Wolfen added code EOF -->

...the rest of the code is the standard list output - Bernd

many thanks for replies in advance and subsequently

Bernd

Wolfen and I are one in the same person.

The search was a last minute addition.

Can you provide a link for me

I take it that you have categories of news.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that express-reply. But I didn?t have the shop online with your contribution included - just on my notebook. To which files do you need a link? Maybe I can send you an email. Or in which way you prefer to access the files?

Bernd

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that express-reply. But I didn?t have the shop online with your contribution included - just on my notebook. To which files do you need a link? Maybe I can send you an email. Or in which way you prefer to access the files?

Bernd

What I am wanting to do is look at how the page with the search is functioning.

What if any categories are present in the category pull down box.

The elements are working against me today. now my provider is down. I hope this wasn?t your newsdesk. ;)

I think the best way to give you a look is waiting and uploading the hole thing when the sever works again. I give you a post when it?s done.

Bernd

The elements are working against me today. now my provider is down. I hope this wasn?t your newsdesk. ;)

I think the best way to give you a look is waiting and uploading the hole thing when the sever works again. I give you a post when it?s done.

Bernd

Of course it's the NewsDesk, it could not possibly be anything else, probable took out the whole server :lol:

That would be best as it would be easier to diagnose when seen.

Anyone else having issues with the search, or can I put my gun away. :blink:

Steve/241:

Thanks for this great contrib.? I was wondering when features like the http link and text colors, shadow text, glow text, etc will be working?? I'm not too concerned with shadow and glow, but the colors and links are critical.? I have installed the latest version (newsdesk_v_1.48.2b_1_2) but these features are not functioning.

Thanks

Scott

All the functions are working on my set up and this may be included in the next release shadow and glow work after a fashion.

Will these features (especially the links and colors) work with version 1.48.3 posted on 21 Jul 2004?

If so, can you tell me what files have changed and if the database has changed any - looking for a quick and easy upgrade, instead of replacing all the files.

thanks

scott

Steve/241:

Thanks

Scott

Will these features (especially the links and colors) work with version 1.48.3 posted on 21 Jul 2004?

If so, can you tell me what files have changed and if the database has changed any - looking for a quick and easy upgrade, instead of replacing all the files.

thanks

scott

If you have the version 1.48.2b_1_2 download installed then some of the editor functions would have been working already.

Replace:

admin/includes/modules/newsdesk/html_editor directory or just two files

admin/includes/modules/newsdesk/html_editor/content_bb.php

admin/includes/modules/newsdesk/html_editor/summary_bb.php

Hi !!!

I get a 404 error / problem when trying to search.

It looks like FILENAME_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULT is not defined !

I downloaded the version 1.48.3 but is is not found in any of those files I think

Regards

Morten

By the way... it should be included in /includes/filenames.php so it was my fault !

Rgds

Morten

It should be in the install instructions part for catalog/includes/filenames.php as part of this

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_ARTICLE_REQUIRE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/newsdesk_article_require.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_SEARCH_RESULT', 'newsdesk_search_result.php');

define('FILENAME_NEWSDESK_STICKY', 'newsdesk_sticky.php');