osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.48 Support

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody,

does anyone use the contrib with 2 languages ? I cannot get my second language files saved except the title information.

When I create or edit an article and write the texts in English an German language and click on preview, the English texts are shown completely and from the German only the title is shown and as I checked the table - the fields for description and short are empty in the German record.

Any sugestions as this is a really nice but complex script that I'd love to install..

I've tried the latest 1.49 mod as well as the 1.48.3 - same result on both

Thankx,

Anton

No idea at all ? I wonder if nobody has got the same problem - looks to me as if the contrib isn't in use at all.

:blink:

No idea at all ? I wonder if nobody has got the same problem - looks to me as if the contrib isn't in use at all.

:blink:

Hiya,

I just did a manual install of "oscommerce-2.2rc2a", "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.0", "oscommerce-openid", "private_messages_with_admin_1", "Ultimate_Seo_Urls_v2.6_(18 Aug 2008)", and "newsdesk_v_1.50 All Bug FIX" package today (only error was from "tep_hejri3"). You can see a basic newsdesk functioning at http://www.perpetualparadise.com/image-nc-1.html. I will be populating it with other material shortly. (It is sitting next to a CMS program so the index page is http://www.perpetualparadise.com/index2.php).

On newsdesk_index.php I am having a little problem with the "Get the right image for the top-right" section as the image information is not making it to the page (src="images/"). Played with it alittle to no avail, I'll worry about that later.

I am really pleased with my first impressions of this contribution. It is looks really polished.

To the authors and contributors, Thank you kindly for your hard work. It is appreciated.

doug

• 1 month later...

Help Required

I have added the news desk module to my site (underconstruction)I am having trouble locating the php that controls for the front page and sticky listings (particularly the heading and borders) of each of these boxes. I had some code written to change the box colours on both columns and would like the same controls with the above. I noted that some of them are altered via ~\includes\classes\boxes.php; some via ~\langauges\english~ etc.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what controls these various boxes, text etc.

Thanks

Daryn :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I just moved my website onto a new hosting company and my Newsdesk functionality appears to be lost.When I try to click on "Read More" from the index page of my site I get the following mysql error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'select categories_id from newsdesk_to_categories where newsdesk

select categories_name from newsdesk_categories_description where language_id='1' and categories_id = (select categories_id from newsdesk_to_categories where newsdesk_id = '2' )

[TEP STOP]

The strange thing is this all worked on my previous site's hosting so I think it may be a compatibilty issue? From looking at this error message does anyone know what I can tweak to get it to work? (i.e. which file to look in).

Thanks, David

• 1 month later...

I have just installed Newsdesk on my osc store and have it all set up to my needs apart from one small issue.

I don't want the "Read" More" option. I just want the full article displayed on the front page.

So in the admin controls, I set the "Read More" option to "0" and just put the full article in the summary instead of the content box.

This works fine apart from one small hitch. The image that goes with the article links to the article when you click on it. How can I remove the links from the article pictures so that I can fully cut-off the article summaries from the main news pages?

Hope I've explained well enough for any of you guys to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have droped fck editor as its been problematic.

Would like to use Tiny MCE anywhere, but struggling to get this to work in admin.

Can someone please help its driving me nuts.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

hi,

i tried to move newsdesk box from the column_left to folder, an i got errorr:

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/ivagarfi/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/ivagarfi/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/ivagarfi/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/ivagarfi/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

all this line that error is reported has $foo_ function in it. I am having php5 and i know that can be a problem but i just don' get it why working in column_left and not in the footer????

Edited by ivagarfitt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:16 AM

chooch, on Nov 29 2005, 05:47 PM, said:

i have the news categorybox in my catalog but there is nothing showing up in it.

does anyone know how to get the news category box to actually show the news categories?

the other latest news box is fine

thanks

I have exactly the same problem.

Has anyone fixed it????

I have the same problem too, the question above is asked many times in this topic starting from 2005, and no one knows the answer?

• 3 months later...

I would like to have the news category box always visible. As it is now, it is not displayed when in product listing. Anyone know if this is an easy modification and what to change?

Vidar

I got the same problem,I searched the whole forum,no answers were found,any one can help?

More Stange is that some categories can show parts of the news category,some are completely not.

see differences at the right column in here and here. You'll get the problem.

No other errors occurs,I really don't understand what happend,help please:(

Thank you

Ethan

Edited by petlv

I got the same problem,I searched the whole forum,no answers were found,any one can help?

More Stange is that some categories can show parts of the news category,some are completely not.

see differences at the right column in here and here. You'll get the problem.

No other errors occurs,I really don't understand what happend,help please:(

Thank you

Ethan

And the product info page can not show the news category neither....

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I just did a manual install of "oscommerce-2.2rc2a", "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.0", "oscommerce-openid", "private_messages_with_admin_1", "Ultimate_Seo_Urls_v2.6_(18 Aug 2008)", and "newsdesk_v_1.50 All Bug FIX" package today (only error was from "tep_hejri3"). You can see a basic newsdesk functioning at http://www.perpetualparadise.com/image-nc-1.html. I will be populating it with other material shortly. (It is sitting next to a CMS program so the index page is http://www.perpetualparadise.com/index2.php).

On newsdesk_index.php I am having a little problem with the "Get the right image for the top-right" section as the image information is not making it to the page (src="images/"). Played with it alittle to no avail, I'll worry about that later.

I am really pleased with my first impressions of this contribution. It is looks really polished.

To the authors and contributors, Thank you kindly for your hard work. It is appreciated.

doug

The links on this post are no longer valid (someone tried it 5 minutes ago so I figured I would add this notification.)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

well this module works in that the news article is displayed, but it is always displayed even if its switched off in admin.

Any ideas which patch I should use or how to fix this issue, whilst its not a major problem and I can delete old news, it would be nice if I can get it functioning properly.

Thanks

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

• 4 months later...

Hi, guys! I installed this beautiful contribution at my Cigarettes store yesterday and like it very much :)

I have a question: how can I include php scripts in the news? I want to have links to products from my news. I tried including php code like follows:

\'<a href="\' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, \'products_id=30\', \'NONSSL\') . \'">\'Marlboro

and few other variants, but this didn't work.

Is it possible at all?

I'm looking for include internal links (products) in newsdesk posts, but I can't.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

If anyone using Newsdesk can help me I'll be very grateful. I've read through this thread and can't find this mentioned.

I have the mod installed and running and it works really well except for an error I get on some information pages (shipping and the like).

The error is:

Same again for line 83.

The two lines are as follows:

if ( ($id) && (in_array($counter, $id)) ) {

Any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this mod - it is really great.

Simon

in_array function uses 2 Boolean arguments, but $id is not defined prior to this function.

So very simple add $id=0; to the start of function in line 61 as follows:

function newsedsk_show_category($counter) {
// -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
global $foo_newdesk, $categories_newsdesk_string, $id;

$id=0;
for ($a=0; $a<$foo_newdesk[$counter]['level']; $a++) {
$categories_newsdesk_string .= "  ";
}

• 1 month later...

HI everybody

I'm facing a problem with the NewsDesk image upload.

The image will not show up in the preview as well as live. The upload itself works because I can find the image in the image directory.

When I manually modify the chmod permission of the image, all is fine and the image shows up.

Can I somehow change the chmod of the image automatically? Something like chmod($filename, 0777); but where...?

Many thanks for your help! It's highly appreciated.

- Markus

• 1 month later...

HI everybody

I'm facing a problem with the NewsDesk image upload.

The image will not show up in the preview as well as live. The upload itself works because I can find the image in the image directory.

When I manually modify the chmod permission of the image, all is fine and the image shows up.

Can I somehow change the chmod of the image automatically? Something like chmod($filename, 0777); but where...?

Many thanks for your help! It's highly appreciated.

- Markus

Anyone? Please, I need help.

- Markus