Sign in to follow this  
fstopusa

Big Images Contribution Problem

Hi,

I am trying to install the "Big Images Modification v1.25 for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 -only" on my site and I have changed all of the code that is suggested in the files that come with the download, but I do not understand/can't find what I am supposed to do next. Here is what the "readme" file says at the end:

-----------------------

Update your products-table in database:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

-----------------------

Can anyone tell me what file(s) this refers to, where to locate it and how the full string of code should look? I'm not extremely adept in programing although I do have a decent understanding of HTML, FTP etc, so I should be able to do it with a little guidance.

Sorry to ask this here, but I have read all over the forums and can't find the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I am trying to install the "Big Images Modification v1.25 for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 -only" on my site and I have changed all of the code that is suggested in the files that come with the download, but I do not understand/can't find what I am supposed to do next. Here is what the "readme" file says at the end:

-----------------------

Update your products-table in database:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

-----------------------

Can anyone tell me what file(s) this refers to, where to locate it and how the full string of code should look? I'm not extremely adept in programing although I do have a decent understanding of HTML, FTP etc, so I should be able to do it with a little guidance.

Sorry to ask this here, but I have read all over the forums and can't find the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi you are suppose to go in to your database (maybe using phpadmin) and then run the sql command "ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;"

I recently installed Big Images 1.25 contribution to OsCommerce. Unfortunately I have several problems since doing so. First I got the following error message.

2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

update products_description set products_viewed = products_viewed+1 where products_id = '689' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

select count(*) as total from sessions where sesskey = '93160a371c19aeb274635b7ab6521794'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Also when I log into my administration area I am directed to a secure page, before I was not the problem here is that when I move into the other pages such as catagories, I a prompted for my login again.

The biggest problem is that when I click on the enlarge this image link the popup only contains the small image even though the large image has been loaded.

I am wondering if the product_info.php needs to be modified at line 112

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');[\CODE]
shouldn't it be 
[CODE]document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_bimage'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

The problem with the popup image loading the thumb and not the big image was that the popup_image.php file had failed to upload. I still have the problem with the login request being repeated when changing pages in the admin section.

christian

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.