• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Login Page a la Amazon

stevel

...and both my SSL and non-SSL are on the same domain (I have my own Comodo certificate)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dr_lucas, I am not sure what you are referring to. The "login page a la Amazon" works fine with SSL. The auto-login contribution, though, doesn't work, as far as I know, unless you have your own SSL certificate (which I don't.)

But if you want to use that, all you have to do is add the "Remember me" checkbox prompt. It would then look like this:

<tr>
                   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('new_customer','N',true) . ' ' . TEXT_HAVE_PASSWORD_YES . ' ' . 
                     tep_draw_password_field('password'); ?> </td>
                 </tr>
                 <?php // #CHAVEIRO14# Autologon 
                   if ( (ALLOW_AUTOLOGON == 'true') && ((isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['cookie_test']) && (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True')) || (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE != 'True')) ) {
                 ?>
                 <tr>
                     <td align="left" class="smalltext"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('remember_me','on', (($password == '') ? false : true)) . ' ' . ENTRY_REMEMBER_ME; ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php     }
// #CHAVEIRO14# Autologon END  ?>

Note that one <td></td> pair is removed.

I can't really help with BTS issues. My change as far as the password prompt relates to where on the page it is displayed.

• 4 weeks later...

The author of it was gracious enough to install it. I offered to pay him, but he instead requsted I donate to his favorite charity.

Edited by garymill

Version 1.1 is now available. The primary change is the inclusion of the "new customer benefits" text as requested (and similar to how Amazon presents it.) Other minor changes are to include the fix to the create_account redirect and to make the "Yes" button initially selected.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2073

Great contribution. It's nice and clean.

Can you (or anyone) tell me if there are any problems installing it with STS Templates contribution????

I see a lot of people are having problems getting it installed. What do you think the biggest mistake is that they are making?

Best,

Dave

I installed it into a BTS system for Gary, above. It was a piece of cake. The only things to be aware of is that some of the code goes in the template (the part with HTML) and some goes in the .php. I had never seen BTS before, and I got it integrated in less than 30 minutes.

I don't know how STS differs from BTS.

So, no, I have no idea what problems people are having. It is so simple... It should be straightforward to use with any template system. If you're having problems, send me a PM with login info and I'll see what I can figure out.

Edited by stevel

Thanks.

Am I correct in assuming I should make the changes to the individual files myself and not just copy over what was in the download???

Dave

Right. The files in the download are for reference - they assume that you have not made any changes to those files from 2.2-MS2. The line numbers in the instructions are also based on 2.2-MS2. If you have modified the files, use the "markers" (comments with the contribution name) to locate the appropriate place in your modified files.

Of course, if your existing store has not modified these files from MS2, then you can just copy the ones from the contribution in directly.

BTW, if you would point me to wherever it is that people are discussing problems using this contribution with templates, I'd appreciate it. I couldn't find it in a search.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are having trouble with 404 errors after installing this contribution, make sure that your xxx_SERVER and xxx_CATALOG defines in configure.php are consistent.

1. Your HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER defines must end in the domain name (with no trailing slash) If your host requires a ~username or a folder name, especially for HTTPS, put those at the front of DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG and/or DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG.

2. Make sure that the two DIR_WS paths point to the same place - if you have a /store/ in one, you probably need it in both.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, quick question here, the login mod works great!

However, Im curious to see whether its possible to get the fields in order so when I tab from the email field, it will just take me to the bullets, and then the password area? its really bugging me that after I put the user email, and press tab to get to the next field, it takes me to the bullet (already marked) and then to the submit button.... If I cycle the tab key on my keyboard 5-6 times, THEN it takes me to the password field...

Any suggestions???

BTW... site at: www.bmbz.com

TIA!

I played with this some - you do it by adding a tabindex= field to the input tags (done in this case as an argument to the tep_ functions that create the input tags), and set the index values in the order you want the tab to go. But Amazon doesn't do it so I left it out.

The problem I found is that you may have to set tabindex on ALL the form fields on your page, including search boxes, etc., to get it to work the way you want. Experiment.

• 1 month later...

I've got this contrib installed, but would also like to install the "Purchase Without Account" contrib. I've noticed that both contribs modify the same section of code in the login.php file. Anybody have any success installing both contribs? If so, can you provide some input?

• 1 month later...

I noticed something that should be added somehow, but I am not a programmer so I can not do it...

If someone already has an account...

They type in their e-mail address and choose "No, I am a new customer", it takes them to the Create Account page. But then they have to enter all their info just to receive a notice that their E-Mail Address already exists in our records and to login or choose another e-mail address to continue.

This should detect if an e-mail address entered is already in the database right away and then send a notice to the customer on how to retrieve their password if they had forgotten it or something and NOT take them to the Create Account page.

That would piss me off so I know that I will just leave the site if I typed in everything and then it tells me I already have an account.

Is there anyway to do this?

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I have this installed but made a few changes...

1) Moved the box for the new customer benefits to the top of Create Account page

2) Made the Create Account page look more likre the customer is just entering their billing info so that they do not think a new account is actually being created. Did this by changing the wording a bit. This way, I no longer need the Checkout Without Account contribution anymore.

3) Added the "Remeber Me" contibution and it works great.

4) Changed the HTML code a bit so that it will look more like the original layout of osC.

To see my changes to the Login screen, click HERE

To see my changes to the Creat Account screen, click HERE

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I can see your point about the wording that may scare off some users. Good suggestions.

Yes, it should be possible to detect that there is already an account by that name - I'll work on that.

I've uploaded version 1.2 which contains the login check for an existing e-mail. I did not include your other changes, but people should feel free to change wording as desired. I wanted to focus on the core functionality of this contribution.

Thanks also to Philipp Bellenhaus for adding German text.

I also would like to see this work with purchase without account. Maybe add in a third radio button that says "Do not create an account, proceed directly to checkout". If anyone knows how to do that, I am sure alot of people could use it :D.

I also would like to see this work with purchase without account. Maybe add in a third radio button that says "Do not create an account, proceed directly to checkout". If anyone knows how to do that, I am sure alot of people could use it :D.

Well, in the time that passed since I posted this last message, I actually have combined the two contribs, and got them to work. Really, all you have to do is use Beyond Compare to merge the two different logins together. Do so until you get to the point in the PWA login where it says;

<?php
if (PWA_ON == 'false') {
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . FILENAME_PWA_ACC_LOGIN);
} else {
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . FILENAME_PWA_PWA_LOGIN);
}
?>

Now, what I did from there was go into those mentioned files, and I replaced their contents with the design content of "Login a la Amazon" (starts at about the same line as the above IF statement, just in the amazons login file).

Then, I added a link to Order_info.php, which is the file that lets people checkout without an account. Tested everything, it all works.

I cant copy my files here directly though, I have alot of other contribs installed, including my own invision powerboard integration, which will really throw some people off. If I get some time, perhaps I will redo everything on a stock osc install and upload it as an update to the amazon contrib, but for now, I hope these directions will allow most to figure out how to do it.

(ohh, one last thing, use beyond compare to also merge the PWA create_account with the a la Amazon Create Account, and then you should be done).

Edited by Goanna

Well, you really no longer need that with this MOD.

What I did was make the Create Account page look more likre the customer is just entering their billing info so that they do not think a new account is actually being created. Did this by changing the wording a bit. This way, I no longer need the Checkout Without Account contribution anymore.

To see my changes to the Login screen, click HERE

To see my changes to the Creat Account screen, click HERE

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I have already received one e-mail from a customer stating how they liked this MOD and love they fact that they do not have to type anything in (I also use "Remember Me" contrib). Thanks for such a great MOD!

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

For your Login Page a la Amazon contribution is there any way to do this:

On the login screen make the radio box default to "No, I'm a new customer". Then, if someone types anything in the e-mail addr field, change the radio button to "Yes, I'm..." automatically?

Thank,

Andrew

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Well, yes, but that complicates the process for someone who IS a new customer, as they would have to go click on the "No" button again. The flow as it is now pretty much matches that of amazon.com and I like to keep it that way.

It's easy to change the flow if you want. The defaults for the radio buttons are the false and true arguments to tep_draw_radio_field. To do what you want would require a bit of JavaScript in the e-mail field to change the value.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

thanks for this great contribution!

I have just upload the complete contrib with the spanish files and translation ;)

Good work Steve!

I also would want to make a suggestion :rolleyes:

Once you login and the customer is in the create account, is it possible to show a bar at the top of the page showing all the steps required to create the account and in wihch one the customer is at that moment?

i hoep it does not go beyond the scope.... :blush: i am not a programmer and i dont know the changes required to do it. sorry it does.

regards

unai

"Dream as if you'll live forever...

live as if you'll die today."