• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Login Page a la Amazon

stevel

Stevel - I do not know if you still support this mod, but I have a issue and perhaps you or someone could point me in the right direction.

The login page has worked perfectly for months

yesterday I applied all of the 2.2rc1 bug fixes and improvements

Now, when the new customer enters an email address and selects No, I am a new customer, they are redirected to the create-account page as normal, but the Email Address does NOT carry forward.

Any Idea on where to look or why this behaivor has started??

Thank you in advance

Where you able to get their email address to carry over? and have you had any other problems? I am looking to install this on a store based on the RC2a release.

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured it out - the various tep_draw functions no longer look at global/session variables for reinserting text - they look at GET and POST parameters only. A simple fix is, in login.php, change the added line:

if (isset($login_email_address)) $email_address = $login_email_address;

to:

if (isset($login_email_address)) $HTTP_GET_VARS['email_address'] = $login_email_address;

I figured it out - the various tep_draw functions no longer look at global/session variables for reinserting text - they look at GET and POST parameters only. A simple fix is, in login.php, change the added line:

if (isset($login_email_address)) $email_address = $login_email_address;

to:

if (isset($login_email_address)) $HTTP_GET_VARS['email_address'] = $login_email_address;

Do you mean in create_account.php?

• 3 months later...

Love this contrib. I have it installed in another shop and had no problems. This time around, whenever I go to the login.php page, at the top it always says:

Error Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password.

I cleared all cache/cookies/etc, the inputs are blank, and still this error.

Help? ;)

• 4 months later...

Sorry I did not see this. I keep forgetting that this forum drops notification subscriptions.

Did you resolve the issue, Kim? All i can suggest is to compare the login.php of the problem store with one that works. The code that displays that error should be executed only when ?action=process.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, no idea. I have not looked at 2.3 other than to realize it was more work than I was willing to go into for my heavily customized 2.2 stores.