• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpBB forum contribution

I might try and install this contribution/mod tonight. Has anyone got the phpBB forum running in their catalog so I can see it in action? :)

Am I right in saying that on customers/registered users of the osCommerce store will be able to post if I so want? Will peoples customer logins automatically create them a forum account?

cheers

Alex

I use the phpBB however it is set up as a link rather than loading to the center of the catalog

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Yeah, it might be easier to do it this way. I've installed phpBB before and its easy. The problem is that i'd like to see how it looks inside osc before doing it the hard way. :)

I use the invision contribution, but it might give you a taste of how it feels. Just to let you know, to give more room, I took off the right/left columns from my invision page. Their are still navigation links on top, so it's no biggie to me, it just gives more room for the board. Click my WWW down below, then click the link for "Forum" on my top nav. bar.

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

I think that is better to have the forum appart from OSC in another DB.

But if you have little store, maybe this contrib can be interesant.

http://www.oldpa.com.tw/modules/shop/produ...p?products_id=7

Change the language to english in that page...

Thanks, by the way - how can I have a main menu like your one in my osc store? That menu is exactly what I want :)

Hi Alex, that's not my page. I think that the main menu is from phpnuke integrated into oscommerce.

agiftcodotcom

What forum you think is the better, phpbb or invision?

invision is free?

Hi Alex, that's not my page. I think that the main menu is from phpnuke integrated into oscommerce.

agiftcodotcom

What forum you think is the better, phpbb or invision?

invision is free?

Well, they appear about the same to me. (both are free with the hosting account I use :) ). The look/feel appears about the same to me. I think invision is a little easier to use. Plus, I wasn't aware there was a PHP contrib ;)

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

The problem with the PhpBB mod is that not all the files are the same. I could not get it working.

Having it seperate may not be a bad idea, but I'd kind of like to have the user db integrated.

Edited by jjb

I will install the phpbb forum in another DB, the idea of having the OSC and the forum accounts integrated is good, but what about the guys (a lot of people) that only want to post in the forum and do not have a Cart Account? They will need to register as they where a Buyer and will need to enter a shipping address, et. and then receive the Store welcome mail..

To open a forum account, the users only need to fill a few fields, instead of the cart account.

I might try and install this contribution/mod tonight. Has anyone got the phpBB forum running in their catalog so I can see it in action? :)

Am I right in saying that on customers/registered users of the osCommerce store will be able to post if I so want? Will peoples customer logins automatically create them a forum account?

cheers

Alex

I've had it installed for some time now, altho it's not used much it's still usable and can be seen in action here

Edited by Johnson

Best Regards

i installed the contribution, however can not see where to administer the php forum

I had to put a link Forum Admin under tools in admin and put this in it /catalog/admin/bb_default.php, I still haven't figured out how to make the link open a new window tho, I just rightclick it and use the Open in New Window option.

Best Regards

I downloaded the phpbb-mods from the contribution-page, but both the mod-sets (osc_mod_phpbb206 and osc_mod_phpbb) have install.txt-files with asian-characters (See example below). Does anybody has a readable install-file?

Thanx

Fredrik

Example:

#### [ INSTRUCTIONS ] ##########################################################################

- ?ƥ?

- BACKUP your database! Simply enough, yet most of us never bother ;

- ???n????phpbb2???Ƨ????ɦW??phpbb??$table_prefix.

- Don't change phpbb2 folders name.and phpbb $table_prefix name

#### [ Stage 1 -- catalog file changes ?B?J?@ ] ################################

#### [ OPEN ???} catalog /includes/filenames.php] ##################################################################

#### [ ADD ?[?J ] ############################################################

// BEGIN PHPBB2

define('FILENAME_BBINDEX', 'index.php');

define('FILENAME_BBMODULES', 'modules.php');

define('FILENAME_BB_INDEX', 'bb_index.php');

// END PHPBB2

I do not have phpbb integrated but I have placed a link in the admin to the phpbb admin for administration

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.