• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Payment Solution for the UK

lilape

Dear osCommercer's,

I am planning to launch an online bookstore in the UK but it will be for the UK/Europe and also US market.

Thus I am looking for an online credit card payment gateway system (something like 2Checkout.com in the USA) that can handle the payments and plug into osCommerce as need be. The funds should be remited to a UK based bank account.

Ideally it should be able to handle charges in US$ and Euro - this would be the ideal but GBP would be a good start :)

* Low or no monthly fees required

* Reasonable transaction fees and %

* No individual merchant account needed in the UK as it's for a small operation

Any suggestions, referals, reccomendations ?

Many thanks and happy osCommercing!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Sounds like PayPal could be the one for you. There are no monthly fees, you don't need a merchant account with a bank, and the funds can be transferred into a UK bank account. The % is a bit higher than with a merchant account, but it's a good way to get started.

Hope this helps.

Hi all :D

Use HSBC to take credit cards, they are cheap and safer and fast B)

Costs about ?200 to set up one time fee and there rate is only 2.76% for credit cards and 0.415p per order for the debit cards. U will need to have an HSBC business account with them and they also do alot of back ground checks but this makes there gateways safer :lol:

Hope this helps

thanks

Dear osCommercer's,

I am planning to launch an online bookstore in the UK but it will be for the UK/Europe and also US market.

Thus I am looking for an online credit card payment gateway system (something like 2Checkout.com in the USA) that can handle the payments and plug into osCommerce as need be. The funds should be remited to a UK based bank account.

Ideally it should be able to handle charges in US$ and Euro - this would be the ideal but GBP would be a good start :)

* Low or no monthly fees required

* Reasonable transaction fees and %

* No individual merchant account needed in the UK as it's for a small operation

Any suggestions, referals, reccomendations ?

Many thanks and happy osCommercing!

Martin

To be honest, I'd start with Worldpay. If all goes well switch to a proper merchant account and PSP.

They take 4.5% IIRC of CC transactions, but give you ?,$,Euro free so you can charge your customers in their own currency.

They do hold money for 30 days though.

Use Paypal if you think your customers dont mind setting it up. They only take 3.4%.

Proper accounts would probably take about 2.5% max (+ PSP fees)

• 2 weeks later...