• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Defaultly Checked Shipping Method

The shipping page should automatically select the cheapest option as default.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Does anyone know how I could give my customers the ability to manually set a default shipping method and not have the system just defaultly choose the cheapest?

I don't know if it will work or not, but you could try commenting out this part on /catalog/checkout_shipping.php:

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

To comment it out, change to:

/*
// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();
*/

I have not tested this, so I don't know whether there may be other implications along the way to removing it, so make sure you BACK UP your file before you start...

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

• 1 month later...

That may or not stop the 'cheapest default' option being selected; but how would it be possible to select the default, rather than having the cart select it?

Sup os?

I was having problems with my customers using the cheapest (default) method for all their orders. I think this is because people get in a hurry. I disabled this default option by removing some code in a couple of pages. The end result..no shipping option is selected by default, forcing the user to make a selection, thus....READ.

Here ya go

part 1

includes/classes/shipping.php take out these lines(it is the last function on the page)...don't forget to complete the second part of this instruction

function cheapest() {

if (is_array($this->modules)) {

$rates = array();

reset($this->modules);

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));

if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled) {

$quotes = $GLOBALS[$class]->quotes;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($quotes['methods']); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (isset($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']) && tep_not_null($quotes['methods'][$i]['cost'])) {

$rates[] = array('id' => $quotes['id'] . '_' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['id'],

'title' => $quotes['module'] . ' (' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['title'] . ')',

'cost' => $quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']);

}

}

}

}

$cheapest = false;

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($rates); $i<$n; $i++) {

if (is_array($cheapest)) {

if ($rates[$i]['cost'] < $cheapest['cost']) {

$cheapest = $rates[$i];

}

} else {

$cheapest = $rates[$i];

}

}

return $cheapest;

}

}

Part 2

catalog/checkout_shipping.php take out

I hope this helps. Thanks

Dr Stomp

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Not at all, guys, it's more simple, here is the complete and simple solution:

1. Open first the payment contribution you want as set as default:

2. find the line (around line 40):

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                                'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ yours ! _TEXT_TITLE,

and add this just after the above:

'checked' => 'true',

so you should have:

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
                           'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ yours! _TEXT_TITLE,
    	 'checked' => 'true',
                           'methods' => array());

Save and upload.

3. Now open the /catalog/checkout_shipping.php file, and find the following code:

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {

change it to:

//$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

//if ( ($checked == true) || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {
if ( ($quotes[$i]['checked'] == 'true') || ($n == 1 && $n2 == 1) ) {

Now find a few line belong:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'], $checked); ?></td>

and change it to:

<td width="118" align="right" valign="middle" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('shipping', $quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'], $quotes[$i]['checked']); ?></td>

That's it, you are done.

Save, upload, refresh and you have it !

Marc

Edited by thedream

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement