• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

Solved the above problem... I dont know whether there will problems in the future but this is what i did.

in pdf_catalogue_info2.php right at the end uncheck this code:

//echo "</font><center><a href=\"$file_PDF\" target=\"_blank\"><font size=2><b>Download</b></font><br><br>";

I hope this helps.. Coz mine worked after i uncheck them

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have my catalogues with images generated just fine. I have few questions about catalogue's appearance though. In the catalogue I have some images that overlap each other. I wonder, how can I insert some space in between those products that overlap, to lower one from another? And, is there anyhow I can display product's original price striked through and productSpecials price at the right in red? Right now in my catalogue I have both original and special prices together in red, like: $160 $145, instead of: $160 $145. Can anybody help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance.

has anyone fixed the issue where the catalogue is created fine, but when you try and open the pdf you get an error message on the pages where there are supposed to be images "A Drawing error occurred" and there are just empty rectangles where the images are supposed to be and no text at all ?

Wheeww... this is one of the hardest contributions I ever tried to install.

What's working:

Creating a PDF from admin panel.

What's not working:

Creating a PDF from categories.

BUT: I don't have the problem most have here.

I get a PDF created - but this is empty.

In the box where it says download, I get the message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/gp32x.de/httpdocs/shop/pdf_catalogue_info2.php:34) in /home/httpd/vhosts/gp32x.de/httpdocs/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/gp32x.de/httpdocs/shop/pdf_catalogue_info2.php:34) in /home/httpd/vhosts/gp32x.de/httpdocs/shop/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

You can try it out yourself at: http://www.gp32x.de/shop/pdf_catalogue_info.php

Also, I tried changing the categories.php according to your instructions... I ALWAYS get a parse error (and I tried it three or four times, I double checked I did eveything right!)

Tried to narrow the problem, looks like only the first change (the one with case 'insert_category':) makes the parse error. Tried to fix it and got it running - but I cannot find the Category Level configuration anywhere in the admin panel.

Any ideas?

BTW: Can you exclude categories? I used the FSK18 contrib to hide some categories which should only be seen for registered users, however, the PDF Catalog shows all categories...

Thanks for any help!

(Maybe somebody could send me the correct categories.php file, as I didn't mod it before :))

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I was slightly confused by this contribution but think i am getting to grips with it....now my query is regarding categories.php in admin. I also have Wolfen featured sets installed, which adds an extra status field to categories.php, however i think there may be some conflicting code, or somethign needs to be altered as the status selection are not aligned:

categories.GIF

Does anyone else have this issue, or know how i can fix it?

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I was slightly confused by this contribution but think i am getting to grips with it....now my query is regarding categories.php in admin. I also have Wolfen featured sets installed, which adds an extra status field to categories.php, however i think there may be some conflicting code, or somethign needs to be altered as the status selection are not aligned:

categories.GIF

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I had a quick play around with the code and managed to fix it, so if anyone needs a code snippet just let me know.

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

categories.GIF

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I had a quick play around with the code and managed to fix the problem with the main categories, now when i go down to the sub-categories the status column is blank and the status buttons (red/green) appear under the 'level' column.

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Donna

Hi All,

I have another question, is it possible to customise the PDF further, by adding back ground images/shapes etc as a template? Where would these variables need to be defined and how would they be implemented? Best Regards

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use PDF catalog and I successfuly produced a pdf file with all my products. The thing is that my eshop is in Greek language (ISO-8859-7) and fpdf doesn't recognize the language so it diplays all the Greek letters like this: ???????????? ?????? ???????????.

I have only one langauge enabled in my shop (Greek) which is the default too, so it doesn't have to do with oscommerce settings

There is an ISO-8859-7 file inside the fonts folder of PDF Catalog contribution, but from what I saw fpdf doesn't use it.

Anyone has successfuly generated a PDF catalog from a language that uses special characters like Greek, Chinese or something?

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

I tried to use PDF catalog and I successfuly produced a pdf file with all my products. The thing is that my eshop is in Greek language (ISO-8859-7) and fpdf doesn't recognize the language so it diplays all the Greek letters like this: ???????????? ?????? ???????????.

I have only one langauge enabled in my shop (Greek) which is the default too, so it doesn't have to do with oscommerce settings

There is an ISO-8859-7 file inside the fonts folder of PDF Catalog contribution, but from what I saw fpdf doesn't use it.

Anyone has successfuly generated a PDF catalog from a language that uses special characters like Greek, Chinese or something?

You can create the font for the language you want. And all you need after that is to call the AddFont member to add it. There are samples in the www.fpdf.org and here is another site that has a good tutorial

http://www.id.unizh.ch/cl/zinfo/fpdf/tutorial/tuto7.htm

• 5 weeks later...

Mercifully, got lateset version pdf catalog for OSC 2.0.5 15 JuL 2006 installed. Here is how I got it to work.

1. followed instructions in the later dated file readme install.txt and not README.txt
  2. instruction said to upload catalog/includes/languages/english/pdf_catalogue_info2.php but package did not include this file name, it did however include file named pdf_download_katalog.php so I uploaded instead. Did the same for the espanol and german entries.
  3. package included catalog/font but said nothing about it, when I uploaded it I was able to obtain category pfd files from catalog. Without it, it will not work.
  4. Copied function tep_get_languages_directory from admin/include/functions/languages.php inside admin/include/functions/general.php and commented out in languages.php
  5. Did not perform the two steps under:
    ** ONLY for migration from 1.51 to 1.55 : About the removal of the function pdf_catalog.php/CountProductsInCategory

Edited by avail1now

1. Is admin/pdf_catalogue.php supposed to allow you to generate pdf catalogs of each category? mine only creates one entire store catalog.
  2. How do you change paper size from A4 to US letter size?
  3. How do I force catalog to use store image logo without resizing?
  4. How do you show price of each item in page index table at the end of pdf catalog?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, got the contribution working fine, on a 700 item catalog it was 13 seconds generating and produced a 1.94MB size file. Would probably be faster and smaller if I could figure out how to get it to list more then 4 products per page, or if there was a wayto get 2 columns per page.

Great work Vger!!!!

Wayne, did you ever figure out how to get thumbs to line up 2 columns or more per page ?

I can't believe no one else is getting the dreaded "A Drawing error occurred"

Its seems to have happened after upgrading to latest Adobe Acrobat Reader. It worked fine before the adobe updates.

My updates have me at Adobe Acrobat v7.0. >>>>> Is anyone else using v7.0 with no problems.

Edited by insomniac2

Wayne, did you ever figure out how to get thumbs to line up 2 columns or more per page ?
Could some one pass me any clues as to how I can reduce the number of pages of the catalog by specifying smaller images, lining up products two to three across, showing only a fixed number of characters from product description. Basically whatever can be done to fit more products on a page.

it works fine with Adobe Reader 7.0, test it with Adobe Reader 7.0 instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0

it works fine with Adobe Reader 7.0, test it with Adobe Reader 7.0 instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0

I'm confused, aren't Adobe Reader 7 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 the same ?

Ya that was My BAD!!! .. lol .. I meant Adobe Reader v7.0.

I have went back to older Adobe and it works again .. so it is definately a conflict between Adobe Reader v7.0 and the latest PDF Catalog v1.59. I am still trying to figure out what is different in Adobe Reader v7.0 and will post if I ever figure it out.

I'm confused, aren't Adobe Reader 7 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 the same ?

Adobe reader 7.0 is not the same as adobe acrobat 7.0 (standard), see comparison here. It works with adobe reader 7.0

Could some one pass me any clues as to how I can reduce the number of pages of the catalog by specifying smaller images, lining up products two to three across, showing only a fixed number of characters from product description. Basically whatever can be done to fit more products on a page.
how about if anyone could comment if it is even possible to produce a more succinct catalog on fewer pages. 30+ pages is jusy way too many for a user to wade through.

I am using Adobe Reader V7.0 and i still get the drawing error

Can someone else look at http://www.outdoorbits.com/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf and see if you are getting as well, or whether its just me !

Dave , your link opened in Adobe reader 7.0 A 104 page catalog.

Your logo shows up fine.

You have a tree index on two pages.

your product pages are blank except for a thick border around where the image is supposed to show.

no description shows up on your product pages.

images on your product pages produce errors. Make sure you set image size so that it is smaller than the smallest image size in your catalog. This may fix your image error on the pdf.

Your page index at the end of the file shows up fine and is 5 pages long. lines are wrapping so reduce font to keep each entry on just one line.

thx for looking Dino

Well cant find where t specify the font size for the index at the end, i changed the directory font size to 10 pts, but no config value in the config file for the index at the end ?

Here is my config file contents, i have the image size set at 50 to test what you said but to no avail. i have tried it at a few different values

<?php
/******************************************************************************/
/* PDF Catalogs v.1.55 for osCommerce v.2.2 MS2							   */
/*																			*/
/* by Antonios THROUVALAS ([email protected]), April 2004			   */
/* by Nicolas Hilly ([email protected]), August 2004						*/
/*																			*/
/* Based on PDF Catalogs v.1.4 by [email protected]					 */
/*																			*/
/* Uses FPDF (http://www.fpdf.org), Version 1.52, by Olivier PLATHEY		  */
/*																			*/
/* Credit goes also to:													   */
/* - Yamasoft (http://www.yamasoft.com/php-gif.zip) for their GIF class,	  */
/* - Jerome FENAL ([email protected]) for introducing GIF Support	*/
/*   in the FPDF Class,													   */
/* - The osC forums members (www.oscommerce.com/forums)!						  */
/*																			*/
/* Please donate to the osCommerce Core Team!								 */
/* Freeware, You may use, modify and redistribute this software as you wish!  */
/******************************************************************************/

// Directory where the generated PDF files will be stored!
// If you mofify the name of this directory, please modify accordingly the 
//catalog/pdf_catalogue_info.php file!!
// Don't forget to change the permissions of this directory to 755!
define('DIR_WS_PDF_CATALOGS','catalogues/');
// Directory where the Font files are stored
define('FPDF_FONTPATH','font/');
// Filename to use as a base for the name of the generated PDF files.
// If you mofify the name of this file, please modify it accordingly in
// the catalog/pdf_catalogue_info.php file, around line .
define('PDF_FILENAME','catalog');
// Orientation of the pages (default A4) P = Portrait, L = Landscape
define('PDF_ORIENTATION','P');
// Red, Green, Blue Components (Values between 0 and 255).
// Eg. Use 255,255,255 for white and 0,0,0 for black!
define('BACKGROUND_COLOR','255,255,255');
// The logo of your shop, to be displayed instead of the PDF_TITLE. Must be in
// the catalog/images directory! Will be resized to have a height of 30 pt.
define('PDF_LOGO','az_top_left.gif');
//define('PDF_LOGO','');
// Same title for all pages, will be used if the PDF_LOGO is not defined!
define('PDF_TITLE','Outdoor Bits Catalog');
// Specify the catalog header date format
define('PDF_DATE_FORMAT','%m/%Y');
//Base Currency
define('CURRENCY',' ?');
//Put the currency to the left or to the right of the price 'R' or 'L'
define('CURRENCY_RIGHT_OR_LEFT','L');
//How many digits after dot for the price						
define('DIGITS_AFTER_DOT',2);
//Size of the char for the directories tree 								
define('DIRECTORIES_TREE_FONT_SIZE',10);
//Put the VAT if you want 						
define('VAT','');
//Top page titles color
define('HIGHT_TITLES_CELL_COLOR','255,153,0');
// Categories (separator) center page titles color (if activated)
define('CENTER_TITLES_CELL_COLOR','255,153,0');
//Show or not the new products (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_NEW_PRODUCTS',0);
//New products title (same for all languages) 								
define('NEW_TITLE','NEW');
//New products color title
define('NEW_CELL_COLOR','248,98,98');
//Width max in mm 			 
define('MAX_IMAGE_WIDTH',50);
//Height max in mm   							
define('MAX_IMAGE_HEIGHT', 50);
//pix to mm factor   							
define('PDF_TO_MM_FACTOR',0.3526);
//Show links to your Oscommerce products (0 = no, 1 = yes) 						
define('SHOW_PRODUCTS_LINKS',1);
//Show products image or not if not no links (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_IMAGES',1);

//Show categories tree or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_TREE',1);
//Show introduction or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_INTRODUCTION',1);
//Show the empty categories or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_EMPTY_CATEGORIES',1);
//Show table index of products (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_INDEX',1);
//Add a field aside the products name in the index (0 = nothing, 1 = manufacturer, 2 = model, 3 = date added)
define('INDEX_EXTRA_FIELD',3);
//Define a default image for products without photo, must be inside DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_IMAGES
define('DEFAULT_IMAGE','oscommerce.gif');

// insert a separator page between categories (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('CATEGORIES_PAGE_SEPARATOR', 0);
// String appearing between categories and subcategories
define('CATEGORIES_SEPARATOR', ' -/- ');
// String appearing between names, subcategories and pages in the index
define('INDEX_SEPARATOR', '');
// Blank lines before the products description cells 
define('PRODUCTS_SEPARATOR', 5);
//Size of the border surronding the images of the products (0 = no, 0.2, 1 recommanded)
define('SIZE_BORDER_IMAGE',0);
// Border around products description (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('PRODUCTS_BORDER', 1); 

// Resize images, so the pdf is smaller but it needs time!
// (set max_execution_time in php.ini to your value)
// (0 = no, 1 = yes)
// Set it to 0 if your are using GIF files, otherwise the script will generate
// an error! I am still working on that, any help is appreciated! :-)
define('RESIZE_IMAGES',0);

//Show products name or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_NAME',1);
//Background color of the name cell
define('NAME_COLOR','177,200,205');
//Show products name or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)							  
define('SHOW_MODEL',0);
//Show products description or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_DESCRIPTION',0);
//Show products manufacturer or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_MANUFACTURER',1);
//Show products prices or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)								
define('SHOW_PRICES',1);
//Specials prices FONT color 								
define('SPECIALS_PRICE_COLOR','248,98,98');
//Show products date added or not (0 = no, 1 = yes) 			
define('SHOW_DATE_ADDED',0);
//Show products tax class id or not (0 = no, 1 = yes)
define('SHOW_TAX_CLASS_ID',0);
?>

Who has a working version of this ? Can they post their config file contents so i can see what they have set

btw I have searched through the products table and ensured no products image or description contains any .PNG files. All the products images are in .JPG format, there are some .GIFS in products descriptions but not many and i have tried creating the catalog without description to rule that out anyway.