• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ive tried all night to get this contrib to wirk with loaded 6, which used admin levels contrib..

Ive added the admin/pdf_catalgogue.php to the admin_files so the forbidden.php doesnt show up.. but now it just comes up with a 500 server error... page cannot be found.

I know its there...

any tips that might help me through?

ok, updated to 1.6 and the page shows up no atleast... I am trying.

I have got everything so the files / folders are correct but when I click on 'create pdf' it comes up with a HTTP 500 Internal server error 'page cant be found'

What am I doing so wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone out there know whats happening to the PDF catalog as it keeps on appear this error as everytime i generate...

Warning: imagejpeg(): Unable to open '/home/vcdmall.com/htdocs/DIR_WS_PDF_CATALOGy2k.jpg' for writing in /home/vcdmall.com/htdocs/admin/includes/modules/pdf_files/templates/standart.tpl.php on line 271

Pls help

regards

Hello! Was playing with this contribution and found it did not work for my server. Since I am limited in debugging, I at least figured what my problem is.

Reading through the posts, I found that many of the posts had something to do with the same issue.

PATHS

My OsCommerce is not set up the traditional way.

Normally, with the distribution, OsCommerce has a /catalog/admin setup.

This contribution works on that pricipal.

My setup has the catalog and admin in thier own seperate worlds.

/catalog

/admin

The files used for this contribution failed to work for that reason..Or at least that is what I believe.

If there where more path controls, this might work for more people.... or..if it were database driven, like the future release has to offer!.

Otherwise, a great concept for OsCommerce! Keep up the great work!

The files used for this contribution failed to work for that reason..Or at least that is what I believe.

That is definetly wrong. I have my Admin in a totally different path and with another name and it works. All you have to do is the "translation": If the readme says "put this in catalog/admin/" you have to put it in where ever your admin is...

Ok... after some tweaking and I finally got the 1.6 ALPHA working from the admin area. I can call it directly only. Links from the catalog are hosed in some way.

I am happy that it is working with the database version. The SQL txt file was used and it overlapped some fields. I moved them manually and they were created in the database correctly.

Now, being an Alpha... things are expected. Great job on the Alpha!

Couple of bugs to work out.

Anyone know the reason on why the catalog area is hosed?

http://www.zonewave.com/catalog/pdf_catalog.php

Take a look... Links are missing and broken.

Otherwise I can call it directly from here:

http://www.zonewave.com/catalog/pdf_catalogs/Zonewave_1.pdf

Oh... fogot to mention.... There was no ZIP file created. Not from the standart template at least. The other templates did create the zip. I deleted all of them from the system through Admin area.

So, the ZIP link on my site is pointing to only a directory (which is restricted)

AND...

Another thing that I wanted to share with everyone regarding the .GIF files.

My catalog has half .jpg and half .gif as product images. When I initially installed this contribution...as with all. I got a .gif error....like I see some have complained about.

The funny thing is that I changed that ONE .gif file to a .jpg and revised the product. The PDF creator worked then! I guess there was something strange about that one .GIF file.

So, just a note. Start changing the .GIF files that you are getting errors with, eventually you will pass all the "corrupt" ones that cause errors.

That was strange, for sure.

Take care all!

I use additional_images,v 1.0. does anyone know how to implant these images in the PDF-file?

I belive the raw php-string when it is dispayed in the webshop is like this:

<?php
?$images_product = tep_db_query("SELECT additional_images_id, products_id, images_description, medium_images, popup_images FROM " . TABLE_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES . " WHERE products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
?if (!tep_db_num_rows($images_product)) {
?>

<br>
<?php
?} else {
?>
<!-- additional_images //-->
<table width="100%">
? <tr>
? ? <td>

<?php
?$info_box_contents = array();
?$row = 0;
?$col = 0;
?while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($images_product)) {
? ?$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 'text' => '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_ADD_IMAGE, 'imagesID=' . $new_products['additional_images_id']) . '\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['medium_images'], $new_products['images_description'], DISPLAY_IMAGE_WIDTH, DISPLAY_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?);
? ?$col ++;
? ?if ($col > 2) {
? ? ?$col = 0;
? ? ?$row ++;
? ?}
?}
?new imagesBox($info_box_contents);
?>

And how do I include different atributes, like color, sizes etc?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Edited by redrum

Ok... this will work for now...

I went ahead and used the BETA pdf_catalog.php with the Alpha release...and it works now.

Don't know what's up with the Alpha pdf_catalog.php... something?!?!

Hey,

I have been working for a few hours, and I have finally finished almost everything that I wanted to do with the pricelist.

I have found out how to make multiple columns (which is easy), as well as manipulating everything.

So I have completed almost everything that I was originally asking about (well some of it has changed slightly, but the methods i was needed have remained the same).

If anyone wants to know how to do any of it then let me know and I will see what I can do about explaining it.

Cheers,

Chris :)

Hey stonebridgecomputing,

Please post your modifications.

Thanks,

Fredrik

Guys

I have installed the contribution and it works beautifully!

My problem is this

If I don't have an image can the script be modified with a "if" statement to se if the image exists - if not use thisimage.jpg

Probably already resolved but can't fin dthe answer here

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Is there anyway I can disable a certain category from showing in the pdf catalog, there is one which I dont want shown at all..

Also I have images with ' in them and - in them but will not show up at all, are these filtered out by the pdf catalog.

Thx in advance.

Guys

I have installed the contribution and it works beautifully!

My problem is this

If I don't have an image can the script be modified with a "if" statement to se if the image exists - if not use thisimage.jpg

Probably already resolved but can't find the answer here

regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

• 5 weeks later...

Questions:

1. Would there be anyway to edit the catalog so that products are only listed once? For example, we have a product that is listed 4 different times because it is cross-referenced between categories that way.

2.Would there be any way to have 3 separate catalogs by main category. Is this possible?

3. The logo at the top of the page that I'm using is 282 x 35. It stretches horribly across the top of the page. I've tried changing the image size so that the height is 20 and 40 and it still does the same thing. What size image should I use?

Observations:

1. The index at the end is great but it looks horrible in terms of the spacing. Can that be adjusted?

2. The word model is in French or something it looks like Modele. Can that be fixed?

3. The logo at the top of the page that I'm using is 282 x 35. It stretches horribly across the top of the page. I've tried changing the image size so that the height is 20 and 40 and it still does the same thing. What size image should I use?
I was able to get the logo not to be resized awkwardly by making the logo image size square. This doesn't work very well with the company's horizontal logo because the resulting logo displayed is too small. Is there a way to get better control over this logo area? I would like to use an image that was wider than tall to stretch across the top of the page (think 238 x 40 rather than 40 x 40). Do you know how I could do this?

2. The word model is in French or something it looks like Modele. Can that be fixed?
I had a few problems that I needed to fix in pdf_catalogue.php. The fix for this was to change line 423 to say whatever you want instead of Modele. I went for Model # like this:
  $this->MultiCell($this->text_fw,5,"Model #".$data_array[3],PRODUCTS_BORDER,'L');

Another problem was getting the links to work correctly on the images. They were had the name of osCommerce's sub-directory in the link twice (mydomain.com/catalog/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=x&language=x). I'm not sure if my configuration for osCom is out of whack or what, but I had to replace line 351 with this:

$link=HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER ."/product_info.php?products_id=".$data_array[10]."&language=".$data_array[11];

I changed the name of PDF_FILENAME in pdf_configure.php to 'downloadCatalog'. The system was't pointing to this this file when I accessed pdf_catalogue_info.php. I had to manually name the file in line 88 of pdf_catalogue_info.php:

$file = DIR_WS_PDF_CATALOGS . downloadCatalog. "_" . $languages_id . ".pdf";

Its working pretty well now. If you can help me with the logo problem (1st thing in this post), this would be perfect. Thanks!

:'( I've loaded the v1.56 and all works well when I don't show images but when I do I get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/swopno/nordicshopper.com/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1596

I have both jpg & gif images. And a lot of them. Does this not handle gif?

Hi Guys,

Installed this contrib, but keep getting this error, and its driving me nuts,

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /homepages/22/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/ocp/admin/pdf_catalogue.php on line 386
FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified: /homepages/22/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/ocp/images/

in the config file i've put images with extension of .gif, .jpg and .png, made sure they were in the images directory but still nothing

Oh woe is me

Help appreciated

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

• 1 month later...

i've downloaded version 1.58 from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,908

when i click on the generate button, the following error comes:

Warning: fopen(/home/moshpit/www.moshpit.at/catalog/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/moshpit/www.moshpit.at/catalog/admin/fpdf.php on line 1044
FPDF error: Unable to create output file: /home/moshpit/www.moshpit.at/catalog/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf

what do i have to change that it works??

I've just installed this mod- all looks great so far, except Generate Catalog(s). It gives me the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/www/shop.sparrowsnestonline.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/www/shop.sparrowsnestonline.com/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I've gone through to check for duplication of the db code, but don't see anything that is doubled up...will keep looking.

Any ideas?

Jenni

Hi Guys,

I am getting time out errors when creating the pdf catalog, I dont have access to php.ini (at least I dont think I have).

How do I go about adding php function set_time_limit() and to which file do I need to add it to?

Please help as I really need this to work.

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Mi catalog is empty....

it writes new products, but none of all others.

The only code modific i've made is from this:

function CategoriesTree($languages_id,$languages_code)
{ 
   //selectionne toute les categories
   $query = "SELECT c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id
             FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd
             WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . $languages_id ."'
      ORDER by sort_order, cd.categories_name";

to this:

function CategoriesTree($languages_id,$languages_code)
{ 
   //selectionne toute les categories
   $query = "SELECT c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id
             FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd
             WHERE c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . $languages_id ."' AND (";
   $arrayCat = Array();
   $arrayCat = tep_get_subcategories(&$arrayCat, 319);
   foreach ($arrayCat as $idCat) {
	 $query .= "c.categories_id='$idCat' OR ";
 }
 $query = substr ($query,0,-4);
 $query .= ") ORDER by sort_order, cd.categories_name";

infact i've 5000 products, and the process requested more than 16MB of allocated memory, so i wanted to make some tests only for products and subcategories of the number "319". Do you have some ideas?