• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had installed this catalog and when i habilite the description in de catalog pdf does not sims to be ok. the descrition stas to long. The PDF sims not to acepet the html cod of the descrition.

This message is just to let you know that we are working on that issue on a PM basis, I will make a public post when the matter will be settled!

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

I'm using the catalog without images. From looking at the code, it appears that the links are only meant to work with images. Does anyone know how to code it so the product name can be turned into a link?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

when i try to create a cataloge it says

Access Denied?

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

?

i have checked th chmod for the folder and its 777 so there should be no problem??!

this is a "oscommerce" error as it has loaded up forbidden.php

Edited by billybrag

"because it'll hurt more"- the greatest film of all time?

Hi billybrag!

I don't want to disappoint you, BUT ... there is no file named forbidden.php in a standart osCommerce Installation!! :ph34r:

I would follow the advice of the error message and contact your host administrator!

Edited by detsouvalas

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

billybrag

forbidden sounds like you have admin access with levels installed.

Talk to me away from this thread as it is unrelated to this contribution.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Any luck Antonios with the getacrobat.gif displaying correctly and the customers being able to download a zipped version of the pdf catalogue??

Cheers

Jub

I have the acrobat image showing now it was being blocked by the firewall as an ad

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

The acrobat image blocking is due to the way that some firewalls decide on what is an ad or banner, this can happen where the hyperlink has simply gotten the letters ad in it so thus the link adobe which has the letters ad are seen as ad short for advert and so are blocked, if you change the link to abobe for example then the firewall does not see ad so thus the image and link are not blocked.

This does not resolve the issue as such but a minor change in the firewall settings does.

Is there any way to append the language short name to the pdf instead of the _1 _2 etc so that it is _en _fr _de etc

Edited by 241

ok so i got that working, is there a way that i can change the images that are created in the catalogue as they are all distorted?

other than this i have it woring great

:)

For any of you having probs with the getacro.gif displaying heres the solution:

At around line 94 in catalog/pdf_catalogue_info.php look for:

<td class="main" align="center"><?php

echo '<a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html" target="blank">';

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'getacro.gif');

?></a></td>

and replace with:

<td class="main" align="center"><?php

echo '<a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html" target="blank">';

echo tep_draw_separator('getacro.gif', '12.5%', '31');

?></a></td>

Jub

OK, here's a bunch of answers ...

Jub,

I don't agree with the proposal about the getacro.gif image, but anyway, if it works for you ... !! ;)

I looked into the question about creating a zipped version of the generated PDF catalog ... of course, it is possible but you may get 'time-out' errors ... the PDF Creating Class already needs time to execute, if you add a Zip function, you will very easily get a time-out error! If you insist using zip compression, I will post my idea!

billybrag,

even if it appears a an osC error message, it's not part of the standart installation, so I can't help you, because I don't know where it comes from!

and an answer regarding HTML tags in the product descriptions:

Bad news, as I can tell so far, the function from the FPDF class used to create a cell and append the file description to the pdf file doesn't parse HTML, so for the moment I fear that there is no chance to correctly use HTML tags in the PDF file. To change this, the whole structure of the created PDF file has to be reviewed and personaly I have not enough free time to do it!!

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

eh?

all i was askin was if there was a way that i could alter the way the pictures are created in the pdf file itself as they are all a set width and this is distorting them :)

cheers

Is there any way to append the language short name to the pdf instead of the _1 _2 etc so that it is _en _fr _de etc

In file admin/pdf_catalogue.php around line 739 find

$pdf->Output(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_PDF_CATALOGS . PDF_FILENAME . "_" . $languages[$i]['id'].".pdf",false);

and replace $languages[$i]['id'] by $languages[$i]['code']

This should result in what you are looking for! Next step, you have to alter the pdf_catalogue_info.php to pick up the right file for each language ... and tell us how you did it! :-)

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

Well,

I have installed the latest version (v1.51) after waiting so long to install this contribution, and I'm getting this:

FPDF error: Unsupported image file type: com/catalog/images/
File : /usr1/digirati/staging.midwestelectronics.com/catalog/images/

I do have the Additional Images Module installed, so I'm not sure if that's causing a problem.

Any ideas? Thanks,

BD

:(

Actually,

My problem was that I had a product that was pointing to an image that had been deleted for some reason... and that's why the catalog had an error. Once I re-set the image, the catalog creation completed.

So, if you get my error, check to see if any image links are "broken".

See you,

BD

My problem was that I had a product that was pointing to an image that had been deleted for some reason...

In the next version, I should try to make the error messages some how more accurate!!

I wouldn't like this the Categorien are shown on the PDF-Catalog, where one can put this down.

You mean the categories/subcategories tree in the front page?

this doesnt seem to work any other ideas?

Well, normally resizing should work, if it doesn't, we will have to look closer to the code and find the animal ... but it will take some time to do it!!

B)

Antonios

olympicslogo_en.gif

Okay,

Things are looking great! I have a few questions which deal with customizing:

1) I've added Gyakutsuki's Cover Page addition code, and I'd like to know how to make the Cover Page display an image instead of simply the text name of the store. That way I can create a really nice .jpg and have it as my Cover Page. Any ideas? It would be nice to have a large .jpg - so how could I define the size so it uses the whole Cover Page.

2) Is there a way to NOT display the year in the header? For instance, it's not important to me to see "2004"... that way I could create an image that uses the whole header and not need room for the year. Also, what are the dimensions for such a header image once the year can be hidden (I believe it's 30 pt. Height, but is there a XXX pt. Width)?

3) Thin, black borders are being drawn around my product images... is there a way to make them white (so they blend into the background) or to make them disappear?

Thanks so much, this is an awesome contribution! Helps me keep my catalog up-to-date more than anything!

BD

:D

Edited by BoulderDash

Okay,

To get rid of the year I changed this (around line 60, admin/catalogue.php):

$aujourdhui = getdate();
$annee = $aujourdhui['year'];

to this:

$aujourdhui = getdate();
// $annee = $aujourdhui['year'];
$annee = '';

Can someone give me a hand with my other two questions, and the below :rolleyes: :

What do I add to this in order for it to say "Model: " in front of the model number:

if(SHOW_MODEL)
{
 if(strlen($data_array[2]))
   {
     $this->Cell($data_array[0]+3,5,"",0,0);
     $this->MultiCell(180-$data_array[0],5,$data_array[2],1,'L');
 }
}

That way people know exactly what that number is supposed to be. Thanks,

BD

Fantastic Contribution.

Now, I need to know a few things.

Firstly, how do you get rid of the categories tree at the beginning of the PDF? It takes up too much space.

Also, How do you put the main category on the same page as the first lot of products, instead of having it on its own page in the center. This at the moment is meaning my pdf is about 40-50 pages longer than it needs to be.

Also, is there any way to easily make it display using 2 columns?

And... is there anyway to display the product details like this:

model - description - price

instead of....

model

description

price

So, i want to have the model number on the same line as the first line of the description. And I want to have the price either at the end of the description, in bold, or in a column to the right of the description, OR, having the price at the end of the description aligned right and also in Bold (this last one would probably be prefered).

If you can help me out then it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris :)