The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

great contribution, and I am wondering to fix my last problems ...

Which is characters in french as in the product description :

"plus jusqu'à 7.5 A en instantané.Il est utilisable avec des packs de 3 à 10

Lipos et fournie une tension constante de 5 ou 6 Volts.Le système est protégé

contre les courts circuits et l'échauffement avec un boitier métalique qui"

My site and catalog PDF in French is here : http://www.e-modelisme.com/pdf_catalogue_i...php/language/fr

If you can give me an advice on how to fix this, that will help our customers,

Thank you in advance for your support,

Best regards

Yves

Edited by bienenf

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Nice contrib !

It works with all my products but only for JPEG files !

I have the last version : PDF Catalog 2.0.9

But it doesn't work when I choose

define('SHOW_IMAGES',1);

Moreover :

define('RESIZE_IMAGES',0);

Is it normal in this version to get this error?

Thanks

Error with version 2.0.8:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /homez.57/xxx/www/pdf_catalogue_info2.php:34) in /homez.57/xxx/www/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_languages() (previously declared in /homez.57/xxx/www/includes/functions/general.php:1408) in /homez.57/xxx/www/pdf_catalogue_info2.php on line 51

Error with the version 2.0.9:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homez.57/xxx/www/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1612

I use MySQL 5

Edited by zaini

• 3 weeks later...

hi again..any update on this topic?

its weird...im out of ideas already..i really dont understand..until now,mine is still not working...any ideas?

http://www.illusiondreamz.net/catalog/pdf_catalogue_info.php

by the way,can anyone teach me how to change my site from http://www.illusiondreamz.net/catalog/ => to http://www.illusiondreamz.net .

where and which Topic should i go for the info?

Hello Guys,

I'm using the last version of this contribution 2.0.9

I'm using Tiny MCE editor for having HTML in my descriptions.

With the fonction html_entity_decode i get good descriptions.

But i lost all my separations <br>

Is there a fonction to be able to keep <br> working ?

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Hello,

When I generate a pdf catalog for a specified category, all url's in images refer to the spanish version of product_info.php, like this: http://shop.com/product_info.php?products_...amp;language=es, regardless the browsing language. I tried to change $pdf->Output line in pdf_catalogue_info2.php to this but it didn't help:

$pdf->Output(DIR_WS_PDF_CATALOGS.PDF_FILENAME_CATEGORIES."_".$languages[$i]['id']." all selected.pdf",false);

What can I do so the url's refer to the browsing language or English by default?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a new member to OSCommerce and have installed the PDF Catalog contrib but alas it does not work.

I am able to run the generate PDF Catalog option. However when I click on the view PDF Catalog option it just tells me that it cannot find the catalog_1.pdf file.

I have checked the catalogues directory and thereis no PDF there, so it cant be creating it.

Have you got any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? any help would be appreciated. Also I thought you may have experienced similar.

I get a TSTOP error in IE when generating the PDF but not in Firefox>??????

I use gif images on my store. I have the config file set to not resize images. When I try to generate a catalog from the admin panel I get this error message and no pdf catalog.

FPDF error: GIF parser: unable to open file /home/kemi/public_html/images/(image name)

Can you please give me some help on this please.

I also get an error message in the store side where the catalog is displayed for download. Something like Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for catalogues/catalog_1.pdf in /

Edited by Kemi

I just installed this contrib and after a lot of issue sorting I have it working somewhat. When I generate a .pdf for some reason it's timing out when I enable the pictures. If I run it on a test box, the file is only around 50Mbits big. So, I don't know why it's timing out my server. I've even tried taking the images down to 10x10 and it still has problems. If I disable the pictures it generates a pdf in about 20 seconds and 1.08 megs. Any ideas how I can tweak this to get the pictures to show up?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Another new issue is when the customer wants to make a custom catalog of only a few products, the screen flashes and it doesn't give them the selection they wanted, it basically ignores what they selected and gives them nothing. I had to comment out that option so people wouldn't be dissappointed when it doesn't generate their specific catagories. Anybody have any ideas on how to correct this? I'm using PHP 5 also.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

In fact, I found another better tools to generate PDF catalog, I use it create all products for my store. Please check www.hanmingsoft.com/products/catalog2pdf to try it.

Cheers,

Jefferson

Has anyone else tried this software out?

Steve

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know how to change the layout of the generated PDF catalog?

My product images are not directly next to the product descriptions, this produces a unclear catalog layout.

Can anyone help me?

Regards Ralph

I'm also having the trouble to change the layout. I just can't find a way to change it.

So far I found only questions for this matter.

Anyone who can tell something about it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you are having problems with HTML layout and accents you can replace this in pdf_catalogue.php around line 65

Where it says:

$description=rtrim(strip_tags($print_catalog_array[$j]['description']));

replace it with:

$description=rtrim(strip_tags(str_replace(' ', '', (str_replace('á', 'á', (str_replace('é', 'é', (str_replace('í', 'í', (str_replace('ó', 'ó', (str_replace('ú', 'ú', (str_replace('ñ', 'ñ', (str_replace('"','"', $print_catalog_array[$j]['description'])))))))))))))))));

I don't think this is nice code, but it works for me.

Hope it's useful to someone.

---

Max Terbeck

• 3 weeks later...
If you are having problems with HTML layout and accents you can replace this in pdf_catalogue.php around line 65

Where it says:

$description=rtrim(strip_tags($print_catalog_array[$j]['description']));

replace it with:

$description=rtrim(strip_tags(str_replace(' ', '', (str_replace('á', 'á', (str_replace('é', 'é', (str_replace('í', 'í', (str_replace('ó', 'ó', (str_replace('ú', 'ú', (str_replace('ñ', 'ñ', (str_replace('"','"', $print_catalog_array[$j]['description'])))))))))))))))));

I don't think this is nice code, but it works for me.

Hope it's useful to someone.

yeah that works for german special chars too. thx dude!

Back to other Problems:

Me and some other ppl still have the issue, that it is not possible to create a PDF Catalog, when "SHOW_IMAGES" is "1". No error messages, just a white page in admin after creating the catalog. Doesnt matter what img size. I have about 1000 products in my wholesale shop but this cant be too much, i guess.

What about a solution on this? Thx in advance!

• 1 month later...

I realized I posted in the wrong place so I will bring the post here in hope that someone could please help me. I have php5 and started out using a contribution called Thumbnail PDF by Vger - I couldn't get it to generate and after talking to my host company they said to go to the original contribution Catalog products PDF reports (PDF Catalog V2.0.9) so I did and I changed over the files etc .... problem is after working out all the errors I cant seem to generate the Catalog on either the site or in my OSCommerce Admin panel.

From the way it looks on the website it appears that everything is working except for the above...And when I try to generatethe catalog through the website it opens up into a new window that says "oops link is broken" HTTP 404 error. When I go back and look on the website and see the download catalog link right next to it it shows 0.00MG which means its not even loading into the website.

I have gone over the code soooo many times and I can only think that has to do with CONFIGURATION instruction as I don't know what to do with it. It states that (see below)...

To configure the script, edit the file catalog/admin/pdf_config.php, catalog/pdf_config.php and the file

catalog/pdf_catalogue_info.php! The files contain the necessary instructions!

One my site when I click download catalog it opens up to catalogues/catalog_1.pdf - and in the directions it states to do following (in which I did) catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php insert following line, at the end of the file, just before '?>'

define('FILENAME_PDF_CATALOGUE', 'pdf_catalogue.php'); // PDF Catalog

define('FILENAME_PDF_DEFINE_INTRO', 'pdf_define_intro.php'); // PDF Catalog

define('FILENAME_PDF_LINK', '../catalogues/catalog_2.pdf'); // PDF Catalog v. 1.58

In the above I saw the ","... so I tried to put my site in there but I get nothing and I dont know what or where to change it to direrct it to download from my site in the other places it states to configure. I did make directory /catalogues and chmod 755 - and I placed it in the route directory of my site and I chmod it to 755. I also placed the catalog/font directory and its content in their respective places.

Anyhow have any ideas what I should do thanks in advance!!

Lexi

Edited by Lexi

• 5 months later...

Hello

I have now installed this contrib and it works.

But what I would like is to have is more products one one page I can now get in 6 products with images set to 30mm*30mm I do not want to have them smaller but it could be two rows beside each other is it possible to do?

Best Regards

Fredrik

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys

I appreciate this is a old thread however, lots of people seem to have had the same issue I currently have. I can create the catalogue in admin with no issues but on the customer side, if they select to create their own catalogue the screen just refreshes and nothing seems to happen. I have checked the server and nothing gets created at all.

The only option the customer has is to download a entire catalogue (80 odd MB of it)

I have php5 and MYSQL 5, All the fixes etc dont seem to work.

Any advice from anyone?

I dont help with templates (thats what the seller is for)

th search function will often help, when it dont try this in google.

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/forums then your search word

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I appreciate this is a old thread however, lots of people seem to have had the same issue I currently have. I can create the catalogue in admin with no issues but on the customer side, if they select to create their own catalogue the screen just refreshes and nothing seems to happen. I have checked the server and nothing gets created at all.

The only option the customer has is to download a entire catalogue (80 odd MB of it)

I have php5 and MYSQL 5, All the fixes etc dont seem to work.

Any advice from anyone?

did you find a solution to this problem?

Another new issue is when the customer wants to make a custom catalog of only a few products, the screen flashes and it doesn't give them the selection they wanted, it basically ignores what they selected and gives them nothing. I had to comment out that option so people wouldn't be dissappointed when it doesn't generate their specific catagories. Anybody have any ideas on how to correct this? I'm using PHP 5 also.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, did you find a solution this problem? I'm having the same too

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share the solution to the issue I had. Its because register globals is turned off. If you turn it on, it works like a charm but, to avoid the security risk of register globals on, add this code

if (isset($_REQUEST) ) {

foreach($_REQUEST as $key => $val) {

$$key = $val;

}

}

to the beginning of pdf_catalogue_info.php, pdf_download_katalog.php and pdf_catalogue_info2.php.

Hope it helps.

Tj

• 1 month later...

But what I would like is to have is more products one one page I can now get in 6 products with images set to 30mm*30mm I do not want to have them smaller but it could be two rows beside each other is it possible to do?

That would be great.. any solution to this folks?

@ricksteruk2005: The post above THIS, is the solution to your problem.

I am who I am, unfortunately.

• 2 months later...

Warning: require(includes/languages/espanol/FILENAME_PDF_KATALOG) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kupicene/domains/kupiceneje.si/public_html/pdf_download_katalog.php on line 28

Warning: require(includes/languages/espanol/FILENAME_PDF_KATALOG) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kupicene/domains/kupiceneje.si/public_html/pdf_download_katalog.php on line 28

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/espanol/FILENAME_PDF_KATALOG' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/kupicene/domains/kupiceneje.si/public_html/pdf_download_katalog.php on line 28

what this mean??