• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

Hello,

I just updated my PDF Catalog to the latest version 2.0.3 for MySQL5 (25 Jun 2008) by infobroker. The php version on the server is 4.4.6 and MySQL 4.1.22. I have two problems with the contribution. One is that whenever I generate a catalog in Admin side, the script is running continuously and browser is hanging. In order for me to stop the script, I click stop in the browser. Although, when I click 'View PDF Document', the generated catalog is showing OK.

The other problem is in the Catalog side. When I go to generate a catalog for any of my products category, I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in the frame. Right click inside the frame shows the following URL:

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#http://shop.com/pdf_catalogue_info2.php?PDF_ACTION=1&ANZAHL_KATEGORIEN=1&KAT_SELECTED_ARRAY=21&file_PDF=catalogues/categories_1.pdf.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I instal by readmy cont PDF Catalog with different categories v.2.0.2 for MYSQL5 and i cant make pdf catalog in admin and have only text:

Warning: fopen(/www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1063

FPDF error: Unable to create output file: /www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf

Where should by problem?

My database is MYSQL5.

Thanks for help.

Tomas

Hi,

I instal by readmy cont PDF Catalog with different categories v.2.0.2 for MYSQL5 and i cant make pdf catalog in admin and have only text:

Warning: fopen(/www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1063

FPDF error: Unable to create output file: /www/doc/www.pedig.cz/www/shop/catalogues/catalog_1.pdf

Where should by problem?

My database is MYSQL5.

Thanks for help.

Tomas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Check the permission settings of the catalogue folder on the server - it must be either 755 or 777 depending on the php installation

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Check the permission settings of the catalogue folder on the server - it must be either 755 or 777 depending on the php installation

I have set 755 :rolleyes:

Hi I tried that - I had it at 775 first of all then changed to 777 but get the same problem :huh: - any other thoughts?

Thanks

Lotti

allow_url_fopen should be active in the php.ini file - check in your php.info in the admin panel.

Safe Mode on etc. can sabotage any attempt to write to the file.

If this would be the case you would need to change your hosting account to get it running.

Let me know if this case.

Hi Guys,

I have tried to use this mod with SPPC installed but started to get some wierd errors. Is this SPPC compatible at all ? Has anybody had any luck getting this working with SPPC. Reason being i need to create a PDF Wholesale pricelist not retail pricelist, any help would be greatly appreciated,

cheers

allow_url_fopen should be active in the php.ini file - check in your php.info in the admin panel.

Safe Mode on etc. can sabotage any attempt to write to the file.

If this would be the case you would need to change your hosting account to get it running.

Let me know if this case.

Thanks, my hosting company sorted it for me.

Error in admin/pdf_catalogue.php > click button.................

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in ......................../admin/pdf_catalogue.php on line 625

admin/pdf_catalogue.php?action=save

I can't find the problem...........

any suggestion????

Regards René

Edited by ergoscan

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know how to change the layout of the generated PDF catalog?

My product images are not directly next to the product descriptions, this produces a unclear catalog layout.

Can anyone help me?

Regards Ralph

René, you should use the version 2.0.8 of the contribution. I had the same error message, but after installing the 2.0.8 version it worked like a charm!

regards,

ralph

Edited by blastexx

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in ......................../admin/pdf_catalogue.php on line 625

It tells you that the category is empty!

• 2 weeks later...

:blink: OK, then my question would be: What category is empty...??? Where is the script trying to read or get data?

Im sitting in Shanghai and its darn 35 degrees and Ive tried all the last posts here, that is I have vers. 2.0.8 of PDF_catalogue and I have the MYSQL fix in both /admin/pdf_catalogue.php and /pdf_catalogue_info2.....Still get the Fatal error above.

I have also checked the php.ini and url_fopen is active and SafeMode is off...

Can a single .gif image in the catalog generate this problem?

I have tried to follow the posts here to get to the solution but havnt gotten the green light yet...Very thenkful for some input to this Error before my brain melts to a Dumpling

Hans or here Oh Han Shi...

:blink: OK, then my question would be: What category is empty...??? Where is the script trying to read or get data?

Im sitting in Shanghai and its darn 35 degrees and Ive tried all the last posts here, that is I have vers. 2.0.8 of PDF_catalogue and I have the MYSQL fix in both /admin/pdf_catalogue.php and /pdf_catalogue_info2.....Still get the Fatal error above.

I have also checked the php.ini and url_fopen is active and SafeMode is off...

Can a single .gif image in the catalog generate this problem?

I have tried to follow the posts here to get to the solution but havnt gotten the green light yet...Very thenkful for some input to this Error before my brain melts to a Dumpling

Hans or here Oh Han Shi...

Back again....Just discovered that actually the selected product catalogs get generated from the customer interface in my shop, but still I cant generate the full pdf catalog from Osc Admin... So what can be the problem?

Cheers,

Hans

Back again....Just discovered that actually the selected product catalogs get generated from the customer interface in my shop, but still I cant generate the full pdf catalog from Osc Admin... So what can be the problem?

Cheers,

Hans

In fact, I found another better tools to generate PDF catalog, I use it create all products for my store. Please check www.hanmingsoft.com/products/catalog2pdf to try it.

Cheers,

Jefferson

Hello,

i moved my Webspace with Oscommerce to an new Provider. There is SQL 5 and PHP5

First i got by PDF Catalog that error

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_model, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name from products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id='1' order by pd.products_name, p.products_date_added DESC

After that i found an SQL Fix.

Now i got

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /mnt/sites/rc-thomas.ch/web/admin/pdf_catalogue.php on line 625

On Line 625 is $this->$parent_category_name='';

who can help me ?

kind regards

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Help! I've been pulling my hairout for the past 3 days (and nights) trying to figure this out.

Seems many other people have these problems too!

Hey,

Here is a link to a perfectly working PDF catalogue.

- Make a comeplete catalog in admin

- let the visitors create their own

- all in one

- by separate categoris

http://www.delko.si/sql/eshop/catalog/pdf_...php?language=en

I had many troubles fixing this to work.

It wont work in PHP5 ... only PHP4 ...

My files are quite modified due to my different look of the store, but nothing you couldn't fix probably ... If you would fine

them useable, please let me know and I'l post them ....

...Thanks,

Gregor

Hi Gregor! (or anyone else that can help me for that matter),

I know it's been a while since you posted but you seem to be "DA MAN" when it comes to the problems I have with this mod.

To start:

Here's my website (keep in mind it is a work in progress) : My Website

Direct Link to PDF download page

I currently have 3 problems which I am trying to fix (everything else works fine):

1. )I cannot get a pdf (report, displayed) when someone visits my site and chooses to download specific categories with the "One file per category " option (radio) button checked. If someone checks the "One file for all" then everything works fine.

(Just a note that I have no problems with creating "master" pdf's in the admin)

I originally installed the 3 Jun 2008, version: PDF Catalog for osc 2.0.8 mod (for-going the latest which seems to have more problems) but have looked into earlier mod versions to fix this and other problems to no avail. I currently have PHP version 5.2.6 and MySQL version 5.0.51a-community installed on my server. I did install the mysql5 fix and made edits according to your following posts:

On Page 20 - Post #386, Post #388, Post #390, Post #391, Post #396, Post #399, Post #400

and - Post #397 (question if server with php/msql 4 or 5?)

And also looked throughout the site for a fix.....

..but I STILL have the same problem (as listed above).

Can your wizardry help me? I can provide you with more info and my scripts if you need.

One note: when I pick the catagories (each) to print separately. Files produced in /catalogues look like this:

"categories_1_1.pdf"

but when I hover over the links on the final download page (pdf_download_katalog.php), the hyperlink says something like "categories_1 Hardware.pdf" (which the file name I actually like better), but as you can see there is a mismatch.

2.) The "PDF Introduction" in admin doesn't work. No matter what I enter, it does not show up on the page, even though when I go back the text I want to enter shows up in the area box under admin. Looking at forum posts, other people have this problems as well. Have changed the chmod's accordingly.

3.)For some reason, when my pdf file is created (in any option/mode/admin), my pics show up above (and Left of) each description box. I want the pic to show up essentially next to (tops of each parallel to) each description box (ie: pic - left, descript box directly right).

Run a download my master pdf to see what I am talking about. Looking and the posts and websites here it looks to me that in the very early mods this shows up how it should, but somewhere in the later mods it's changed. Where can I edit it to fix?

No other problems to speak of...admin generate pages works fine, etc...(except as mentioned for "PDF Introduction".

I appreciate your help in advance.

Cheers! :)

- Ken (a.k.a. NolaMan)

BTW: This goes out to ANYONE who can help. Much appreciated.

To anybody who has the following error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot access empty property in XXX/pdf_catalogue.php on line XXX

The fix is fairly simply - find all instances of

$this->$parent_category_name

and replace with

$this->parent_category_name

But leave the first one alone:

var $parent_category_name;

Properties in Classes don't have $ signs in front of them. If they do, then PHP assumes we're calling a variable & tries to look for it's name. As it can't find a variable with the name it says "oi, this is empty!" and dies. By removing the $ sign you're back to standard PHP coding for properties in objects and all is well.

All the best, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

• 2 weeks later...

its been a long time since i have install this "pdf catalog" and have update until 2.0.8 version....its all working great but....

1 problem i cant solve until now....

still can't get the categorie catalog...nothing happen...change and try to fix so many times,but still the same....

help me on this!!!!