• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Credit Card Text

nutman

Hello.......

I've spent literally hours trying to find where I can change the text under Payment Method for the input fields. I want to change Credit Card Owner to read Name On Card and Credit Card Expiry Date to Expiration Date.

I've looked through all the scripts and the only place I can see to change this is at catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php but this doesn't change anything on the live site.

Also, why doesn't a credit card type input field show?

Thanks....

Ken

:wacko:

Similar issue... when placing an order, under Order Confirmation, if COD was chosen as the payment method I can't find where to change the words Your order will not ship until we receive payment to read something different..... If an item is COD, why wouldn't it ship first?... :D

Anyways... can someone show me where to edit the files checkout_shipping.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_confirmation.php and so on? I know they're located in the /catalog/includes/english/ DIR but you can't change verbage there....

Any suggestions???

:blink:

"similar issue" = "similar solution" :)

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/moneyorder.php

Just remember, there are additional folders under English which hold language settings for the area you are working in.

I'd rather be flying!

The credit card type is determined automatically by the starting number and length of digits in catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php

What I do is comment out the types of cards that I don't accept in cc_validation.php.

Then in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php I changed

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card');

to

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_TITLE', 'We only accept Visa/Mastercard');

Any card other than those two will return an invalid card message.

I also have the Visa/MasterCard logos on my site.

I'd rather be flying!

Archived