• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping table and free shipping possible?

ksdfakd

:huh: I'd like to have two prices plus free for shipping: price a for normal products (does not depend on how many of them) and price b for bigger stuff (again: does not depend on how many of them). If the total amount is above a certain amount, shipping should be free.

1) So I set the weight of all normal products 0, all big things to 1. The idea is, weight= 0 indicates a, weight > 0 indicates b. BUT there is a strange behaviour: using table-shipping module, the weight is 3, if I have normal products. Anyone an idea where that comes from?

2) Is there a way, to add free shipping for orders above a certain amount?

Thx for help!!!

RUDOLF

You can mandate free shipping on orders above a certain amount by going into your admin area and selecting Modules from the menu- then click on Order total, then click on Shipping, then edit, and change "allow free shipping" to true and set a number in the "Free shipping for orders over" box.