• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

credit card help

trisha

1. How do i make sure that i am out of test mode?

2. I have a merchant account and would like to do offline payment processing. I am haveing a problem with with the CC . I am not sure if the cc_validation.php is turned on. What do i do?

Thank you ,

Trisha

There is no "test mode" if you are using the default credit card module, other than the test of entering a CC number of 4111111111111111 and see what it does. If you want to verify that the validation is being used, enter a bogus number (such as the above but ending in a 2.)

You also want to decide if the "Split Credit Card E-Mail Address" should be used. I recommend it. This stores half the number in the database and sends the other half to you by e-mail. That way, the whole number is not in a single place. (Just don't lose the e-mail!)

• 4 weeks later...

Steve,

I am also trying to setup osc credit card module. I installed it and tested with the 411111111111111 number but I get this error:

The first four digits of the number entered are: 4111<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.

I have merchant account already in my store. I am going to do credit card processing offline.

If I use the "Split Credit Card E-Mail Address", how will I be able to print out the card number so I can process it through my credit card machine.

Thank you,

Shar

• 2 months later...

you can get the number after it is split by printing your email to get half, and pronting the number shown in admin to get the other half.

the 4111111111111111 number has to have 1 x '4' and 15 x '1' to work

always here to offer some useless advice....

• 3 weeks later...

The trouble with the supplied module is that it doesn't let someone collect the CCV number for the credit card either.

Is there any module where we can customise what info is collected, for offline cc processing, or is there any module which has all the proper form fields in?! :)

I'd greatly appreciate someone's help :)

Best Wishes

Alex

ye

there is a great module which i found called something like 'Switch Module'

it allows for switch cards aswell as every other one i can think of and allows you to use cvv field aswell as issue number etc where required. (these can be turned on or off at will). Seems to work well B)

the link is

Switch Module

Enjoy-and thanks to the author of this fine module :D

always here to offer some useless advice....