• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with new feature for Information Unlimited

I want to turn Information Unlimited into a more general menu/navigation structure. In particular, I want to add menu elements within information boxes that simply point to a URL of my choosing such as "index.php" rather than to an information page like "information.php?info_id=5"

I have made 2 small modifications and have now got the display of these new menu elements to work. However, I do not have the skill to modify the admin pages to complete the modification. Can anyone help?

Basically, I use the varialble visible to decide whether the menu item is a normal info page (when =1) or is a link only (when =2). When visible is set to 2, then the URL the menu item points to is the value of 'description'. To use this, I manually edit the database and set visible=2 and simply enter the URL in the description field.

MODIFICATIONS (based on Info Unlimited 1.1g):

1. In the database, TABLE information contains filed "visible" which is set to type ENUM with list values: '0','1'. I have added '2' to the ENUM list.

2. In catalog/includes/boxes/information.php:

Modify

$sql=mysql_query('SELECT information_id, languages_id, info_title FROM ' . TABLE_INFORMATION .' WHERE visible=\'1\' and languages_id ='.$languages_id.' ORDER BY v_order')

or die(mysql_error());

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($sql)):

$filename_information = tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION) . (stristr(tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION), '?')?'&':'?') . 'info_id=' . $row['information_id'];

$informationString .= '<a href="' . $filename_information . '">' . $row['info_title'] . '</a><br>';

endwhile;

to

$sql=mysql_query('SELECT information_id, languages_id, info_title , description, visible FROM ' . TABLE_INFORMATION .' WHERE languages_id ='.$languages_id.' ORDER BY v_order')

or die(mysql_error());

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($sql)):

switch ($row['visible']){

case '0': // Not visible

break;

case '1': // For normal information pages

$filename_information = tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION) . (stristr(tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION), '?')?'&':'?') . 'info_id=' . $row['information_id'];

$informationString .= '<a href="' . $filename_information . '">' . $row['info_title'] . '</a><br>';

break;

case '2': // For URL only links

$filename_information = tep_href_link($row['description']);

break;

}

endwhile;