• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can't send E-mail in OScommerce

Checking my server info in Admin|Tools|Server Info I can see this line in the configure command

'--with-pear=/usr/share/pear'

and I know that Mail.php exists within that directory on my server. Do you all have this or similar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi i did the test file and got this:

Parse error: parse error in d:\home\phpserv\simglobal.co.uk\htdocs\mailer.php on line 7

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Craig

Im changed to mambo-phpshop...(mambo + phpshop)

Great importer so i changed to this within a day...pictures and texts and prices...look at www.productoscristianos.com.ar

Bye Bye OsCommerce...glad to do that...=) YEAH

Im changed to mambo-phpshop...(mambo + phpshop)

Great importer so i changed to this within a day...pictures and texts and prices...look at www.productoscristianos.com.ar

Bye Bye OsCommerce...glad to do that...=) YEAH

Yeah, see you in 6 months :-"

• 1 month later...

OK,

I changed the code for the smtp stuff, and while I'm testing (registering test users) I keep getting one of two errors:

The first is the "Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect". I tried the fix suggested by the KB common problems article (and even went so far as to re-install ALL of the language files - both admin and non-admin.

I chose to try the second method

require_once('includes/application_top.php');

that was suggested on this thread, but am now getting a new error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C:\Accounts\glapincc\wwwRoot\store\includes\header.php on line 51

Any idea about what to do? The store is on a WinBlows server (client's choice - not mine), and I just want to get the %^*&^%* thing working again.

TIA for the quick response.

Bryan

OK - I have a new problem, that I think is related to the tinkering I've done (all I've added was easypopulate and this smtp fix).

When I login under my test account, the "MyAccount" activity shows a completely blank page - no headers, nothing. This happens whether I approach this page from the guest login -> My Account, or through actually logging in.

Any thoughts, help, gray hair remover would be helpful.

TIA,

Bryan

you get this problem sorted if not reply to this and i will do my best to help

mal

Http://www.pcgiant.co.uk

Yeah - got it sorted out. In short, it was impossible to do on their server because of the security restrictions (and general WinBlows). I got it solved by convincing them to switch to a Linux-based server (and saving them money in the process).

At least this time the client was REALLY flexible!

Thanks for the response.

Bryan

• 5 weeks later...
Oh..sorry, I edit the wrong file~ ~.~

BUt I edit the email.php file and I sent the email, it shows:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare big5_ishb() (previously declared in c:\appserv\www\catalog\includes\languages\tchinese\big5_func\big5_func.inc:69) in c:\appserv\www\catalog\includes\languages\tchinese\big5_func\big5_func.inc on

WHY?

Thx~

I am also getting a similar problem. Same "Fatal Error: cannot redeclare.."

Is there something missing? and where is this mail.php file located?

Please help

Thanks,

David

• 3 months later...

I am able to get the mail:factory method to work but not with HTML emails. I have the send_order_html_email_v422 contirbution instaled. When an email is generated, it will send the email but the html code comes across i the email as well. Any one have any ideas?

By the way, in Peterr's mailfactory_test.php example from his ealier post, there is a mistake in his example the code. Line 7 is missing an '=' sign. Should be...

$email_body = 'This is just a test to see if the mail::factory method works';

Checking my server info in Admin|Tools|Server Info I can see this line in the configure command

'--with-pear=/usr/share/pear'

and I know that Mail.php exists within that directory on my server. Do you all have this or similar

I can't seem to find this mail.php class in the mail factory contribution.

I checked the server info in Admin and found that I have PHP4.41 installed.

Also on my shared host server setting information, it says perl V5.8.4 is installed.

yet error message keep coming up saying

Warning: send(): Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Accounts\jlcideas\wwwRoot\justin\includes\classes\email.php on line 501

The only reference to pearl from my server info are

include_path .;c:\php4\pear and

Environment Path c:\perl\bin\

Can anyone give me some suggestions or advice? I really need the email to work.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys hopefully yas might be able to help i have added the following code but then i try and sent any emails from my site either from the admin or the catalog it seems to just hang on a blank page after i click send

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {

include_once("Mail.php");

$headers["From"]	= $from;
  $headers["To"]	  = $to_addr;
  $headers["Subject"] = $subject;
  $headers["Bcc"] = "[email protected]";
  $params["host"] = "Solidite.net";
  $params["port"] = "25";
  //$params["auth"] = false;
  // $params["username"] = "user";
  //$params["password"] = "password";

// Create the mail object using the Mail::factory method
  $mail_object =& Mail::factory("smtp", $params);
  $mail_object->send("$to_addr, [email protected]", $headers, $this->output);

}

}

into my email.php files and commented out the

if (EMAIL_TRANSPORT == 'smtp') {
	return mail($to_addr, $subject, $this->output, 'From: ' . $from . $this->lf . 'To: ' . $to . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $this->headers) . $this->lf . implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));
  } else {
	return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $xtra_headers));
  }
}

anyone had a simmilar issue? or have any ideas on how i can fix this

i thought it might be an authentication issue but it does the same if i have the authentication in there or not

• 1 month later...

I have tried to install the Contrib. for the SMTP.

And No matter what I try I am recieving this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in ..........................admin\includes\functions\database.php:13) in 
..................order\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 13

I have read over and over again in this thread and I am even more lost then ever. I am not the worlds greatest at PHP... So can anyone help here Please?

TY

Archived