• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic Product Meta Tags

When i try to analyze my my metatags on my website i get the following result when having the Dynamic Product Meta Tags contribution installed >> 1.)

How is this possisble and should i be worried about my ranking > How can i change the missed meta tags ( like author , description , robots) when using the dynamic product meta tag .

===================================================

1.)

analyzed with :

Web analyzer

site being analyzed :

My Webshop

Meta tags analysis.

Title: Title relevancy to page content is very poor.

The Title relevancy to page content is 33%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Found no description meta tag.The description meta tag is used by most of the search engines. Consider to add a description meta tag.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Found no keywords meta tag.

The keyword meta tag is still used by many search engines. Consider to add a keyword meta tag.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.

This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: Found no author meta tag.This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognizing.

thanks in advance

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> 
<title>DCS Stein Webshop , Netwerkbeveiliging Limburg , hardware</title>
<base href="http://www.dcs-stein.nl/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>

Nope, no Meta tags. You have an error in your installation of this contribution. Go back and check all of the steps.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

snip from the product_info.php .

It's just a copy paste at the right places . Didn't find anything wrong in the file

====================================================

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

?>

<!php

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$the_product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($the_product_info_query);

$the_product_name = strip_tags ($the_product_info['products_name'], "");

$the_product_description = strip_tags ($the_product_info['products_description'], "");

$the_product_model = strip_tags ($the_product_info['products_model'], "");

$the_manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on (m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id");

$the_manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($the_manufacturer_query);

?>

<?php

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?>: <?php echo $the_product_name; ?></title>

<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo TITLE ?>, <?php echo $the_product_name; ?>, <?php echo $the_product_model; ?>, <?php echo $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_name']; ?>">

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $the_product_description . "," . $the_product_name; ?>">

Okays , it is working . I think the meta tags only come into the html when clicking a product . This works .

Where do i have to add the normal index.php meta tags for the first page ?

I cant edit my previous message else i would .

I have installed the header tags + dynamin tag contribution . I have got some keywords/description meta tags now .

Only question >

where can i put the the robot ( index,follow) and the author tag when using those two contributions . I guess i cannot just add html code to the header_tags.php .

any help welcome

bump up :

googlebot visited my site , but in the logs i see just one pagehit from google . SO i assume i must place the "robots" tag somewhere ...

but where can i place it > see last reply

again thnx for any help

In the code that you pasted in above, put it just after the <head> tag. For more information on robots codes see robotstxt.org.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.