The e-commerce.

Canada Post Module Postal Code Illegal

medalta

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, good news to report, I have this mod fully working. :)

mtbkanata I had the same problem and it turned out I didn't install something in the correct directory. Make sure you have installed everything in the correct directories. On top of that make sure that you call Canada post and set the IP to the new one on their production server they give you. It sounds like you've set yourself up otherwise.

soulspinr what you're looking for is in the in your admin control panel , shipping config, and set the tare or default weight values to that of your most average sized box (or whatever you're using for packing). As far as I know you aren't able to eliminate the shipping options, but they've been dead accurate for me so far, and since the customer picks shipping off of the time frame they see they understand how long it may take to get to them from purchase. Now you got some help so would you mind deleting two of those posts to keep this thread more readable ;) ?

Edited by loki

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me what this mod does, and why it needs to communicate with a Canada Post server? Also, why does it need your Canada Post Customer ID?

Is this basically supposed to be an "accurate" shipping calculator, based on dimensions, weight, and destination? Or do you have to manually update it with Canada Post's different rates, if their rates go up and down?

Or does it calculate shipping based on destination address, i.e. recipient is in Vancouver so Xpresspost costs X, recipient is in Toronto so Xpresspost costs Y, etc.?

I'd love to find out whether to tear my hear out installing this mod (i.e. is it really worth it) or not.

I will be selling to both Canada and the US and I think maybe all the Canada Post jargon can scare customers away, since it is unfamiliar to Americans.

Hi,

I just installed Kenneth Wang's Canada Post Shipping module. When I go through the check out it tells me that the origin postal code is illegal and to contact the store owner.

In the admin module in Configuration> Shipping/Packaging I have

Canada as the country of origin

T1A 3K9 as the postal code

What is the proper format for the postal code? :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Canada post on its website has a page which checks on the postal code.

So please use that and get it fixed.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know what goes where?

Also, I get these error messages:

Warning: shipping(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/web_s/d15/s31/b025bc68/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/canadapost.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_s/d15/s31/b025bc68/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/web_s/d15/s31/b025bc68/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php:36) in /mnt/web_s/d15/s31/b025bc68/www/store/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Can anybody help? thanks

FMM

"mtbkanata I had the same problem and it turned out I didn't install something in the correct directory. Make sure you have installed everything in the correct directories. On top of that make sure that you call Canada post and set the IP to the new one on their production server they give you. It sounds like you've set yourself up otherwise."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I installed this and I get the following error:

Cannot reach Canada Post Server. You may refresh this page (Press F5) to try again.

I checked the IP adress (206.191.4.228), I checked on the CPost website and it seems to be the right one.

Any help?

Cannot reach Canada Post Server
I've got two OSCommerce carts running this module and they both worked fine up until a couple days ago, and then both started returning this error. I'm looking into it, but if your situation is like mine, it's not due to any fault on your end. I'll post an answer if/when I get one.

-Jonah

Edited by jonah22

This morning, having made no changes on my end, my shopping carts started interfacing with the Canada Post server again. Then I got a response from [email protected], saying:

You need to make sure that they still have access to port 30 000 on there networks. Check with the ISP or Hosting Companies to make sure the didn't turn off port 30000. It's the only thing that would have stop there connectivity a couple days ago.

I had not turned off access to port 30000 -- and my carts started working again on their own. So I suspect a temporary problem with Canada Post's server.

• 2 weeks later...
This morning, having made no changes on my end, my shopping carts started interfacing with the Canada Post server again. Then I got a response from [email protected], saying:

I had not turned off access to port 30000 -- and my carts started working again on their own. So I suspect a temporary problem with Canada Post's server.

I'm out of luck!

I get:

Canada Post   
Cannot reach Canada Post Server. You may refresh this page (Press F5) to try again.
If you prefer to use canadapost as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Here is my settings:

Canada Post Parcel Service 

Enable CanadaPost Shipping
True

Enter CanadaPost Server IP

Enter CanadaPost Server Port

Enter Selected Language(optional)
en

Enter Your CanadaPost Customer ID
CPC_DEMO_XML

Enter Turn Around Time(optional)

Tax Class
--aucun--

Shipping Zone
--aucun--

Sort Order

• 2 weeks later...

Heres another bump... My CP server settings are all up to date (as instructed by CP themselves), but I keep getting this error on the catalog side, when the customer hits checkout_shipping.php:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://canadabooksonline.com/DEV/checkout_shipping.php...

-- CP DEBUG: HTTP/1.0 200 OK

^

• 2 weeks later...

With Canadapost shipping integrated, at the chout out pages, how to include 1% insurance in the shipping charge? Please help, Thanks

cp1.jpg

cp2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've read through this entire thread, and nothing has really helped me.

I have the module installed, or at least inserted, I have all the parimeters set up, but nothing is happening.

I get no errors, but it would give the customer the option of using the script.

Anyone still using this system.

I have the module installed, or at least inserted, I have all the parimeters set up, but nothing is happening.

I got it working... not sure how, it wasn't long after I posted about it.

Canada post has gone to an XML system... make sure you have the correct version of the module. (you might want to start over)

I may have had to fiddle around with the XML generation script... I know I was poking around in it anyway.

THis is what CP sent me when I requested a merchant #:

Thank you for your request. We do not use the Perl API anymore.

We have a direct connection to the server that is faster and easier

to integrate. It is produced in XML, but we can return the reply in HTML

as well. The connection information is available from our website at 206.191.4.228;

click on http://206.191.4.228/DevelopersResources/ for the Developers Resources, then on the Direct Connection.

I also suggest that you have a look at the FAQs.

If you decide to go ahead with the integration, send me the following so that I can create your profile.

Tai_Te

post May 30 2005, 09:10 PM

Post #2

tim

Group: Community Member

Member No.: 66,066

K, I fixed it with the help of a Canadapost dude.

They said that I had to enter a turnaround time... although in the canadapost module options it says entering a turnaround time is optional.

• 4 months later...

I know this is a long shot, seeing as it appears that no one is supporting this contribution, but, does anyone have a down and dirty mod to allow one to enter handling as a percentage of shipping cost as opposed to using Canada Post's handling or the flat rate per box in the contribution itself?

I'm no programmer, but, from what I can tell of the code, it would just be a matter of defining SHIPPING_HANDLING to equal $cost*1.X (X being the percentage you want to use)

I tried fooling around with the code in the $methods section, but, it just kept giving me syntax errors (like I said, I'm not a programmer)

Can anyone help with this?

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

• 5 weeks later...
I know this is a long shot, seeing as it appears that no one is supporting this contribution, but, does anyone have a down and dirty mod to allow one to enter handling as a percentage of shipping cost as opposed to using Canada Post's handling or the flat rate per box in the contribution itself?

I'm no programmer, but, from what I can tell of the code, it would just be a matter of defining SHIPPING_HANDLING to equal $cost*1.X (X being the percentage you want to use)

I tried fooling around with the code in the $methods section, but, it just kept giving me syntax errors (like I said, I'm not a programmer)

Can anyone help with this?

Nevermind, I worked it out for myself and I have modded my copy of the file so that it adds a user defined percentage as a handling charge to the CP rates that show up in your shipping options.

So, if the shipping rate from CP is $10, and the handling charge is 20%, then the customer will see a shipping rate of $12 as one of their choices. It adds the same percentage to all the CP shipping choices weither domestic, US or international.

Nevermind, I worked it out for myself and I have modded my copy of the file so that it adds a user defined percentage as a handling charge to the CP rates that show up in your shipping options.

So, if the shipping rate from CP is $10, and the handling charge is 20%, then the customer will see a shipping rate of $12 as one of their choices. It adds the same percentage to all the CP shipping choices weither domestic, US or international.

Great!

Post the code so its useful info for somebody else :-"

Sonia

Great!

Post the code so its useful info for somebody else :-"

Sonia

It's already posted in one of the 50 or so one question/no answer threads having to do with this contribution and given to the few people that expressed interest in it.

It doesn't warrent being added to the updates to this contrib as all it does is replace a label with an equation. No fancy designs or menus, just down and dirty and not of much use to anyone outside of Canada and there doesn't seem to be enough of us to make this contrib worth supporting.

• 4 weeks later...
It's already posted in one of the 50 or so one question/no answer threads having to do with this contribution and given to the few people that expressed interest in it.
Hello Druid, you seem to be the only one that's answering questions about the Canada Post module. :) I have 2.2-MS2 and the 3.7 module with Dimensions, and if I understand the installation instructions properly - I've copied the files into the proper directories and copied them over the files. I've run the SQL query to append the database, so that all seems proper, but when I go to checkout, I get

XML parsing error

Any help, from anyone, would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have 2.2-MS2 and the 3.7 module with Dimensions, and if I understand the installation instructions properly - I've copied the files into the proper directories and copied them over the files. I've run the SQL query to append the database, so that all seems proper, but when I go to checkout, I get XML parsing error
I have a solution for this xml parsing error - at least for the version of the error I was getting. It was simply that my cart was not collecting State/Province information when the customer was signing up, and it wasn't transmitting that to Canada Post as a result. Which means that the module was probably setup perfectly in 20 minutes, and I've fought for 5 days over a missing province. Argh.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get this installed and I am getting the XML parsing error. I have set it up properly as far as the module instructions, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Can anyone who has this installed and working on their site, send me the files they are using and let me know what folders they should go in.