• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Module Postal Code Illegal

medalta

I have added a full package for this module and instructions to get you up and running as quickly as is possible. Hope it works for anyone else that is/was having problems. :thumbsup:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,391/page,2 ://http://www.oscommerce.com/community...391/page,2

PS note sure if this is the right url syntax, but here goes...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I forgot, all product weights need to be in kgs. So an item weighing 50gms would be entered as 0.05 , 100gms would be 0.1 and 1kg would be 1.0 etc.

Just FYI

Hello Ed (or anyone for that matter). Is your module for use by Canadians or can a USA based site use it to calculate postage from US to Canada (which is what I need)?

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Eric:

This module is for shipping out from Canada using Canada Post. You may want to checkout some of the modules under shipping USPS like http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...430/page,12

Good Luck,

Ed

PS If anyone can tell me how to correctly insert a url into these posts, I would be very greatful.

I installe the Canada Post module.

It works but the quotes are a little off.

Any clue what it might be?

Thanks in advance,

KP.

Hey KP:

Not sure. I sent the Canada Post people an email to check on the rates my site generated and they confirmed that they were correct. You might want to check what handling fee you have in your Canada Post profile, as I believe it is added in and sent back as a total postage cost for your customer. The default is $0.50 per piece (maybe ?) and this could be the cause.

Ed

Hey KP:

Not sure. I sent the Canada Post people an email to check on the rates my site generated and they confirmed that they were correct. You might want to check what handling fee you have in your Canada Post profile, as I believe it is added in and sent back as a total postage cost for your customer. The default is $0.50 per piece (maybe ?) and this could be the cause.

Ed

I don't have a profile yet.

Do you think this might be it?

Thanks for the quick reply :thumbsup:

Another strange thing is that the weight of my items are in lbs in my store but CP considers they are kg...

The Fedex and UPS understand the lbs fine but CP gives me kg. Is there a way to fix this?

The only way I see now is to convert all my store weight to kg and change the settings in the Fedex and UPS modules to kg. I wish I could just change the setting to lbs in the CP module.

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know how to do this?

Another strange thing is that the weight of my items are in lbs in my store but CP considers they are kg...

The Fedex and UPS understand the lbs fine but CP gives me kg. Is there a way to fix this?

The only way I see now is to convert all my store weight to kg and change the settings in the Fedex and UPS modules to kg. I wish I could just change the setting to lbs in the CP module.