• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net and Download Controller

sasha_ben

I am selling digital products from my store.

I was just wondering if Authorize.net payments are done instantaneously and if so, should I enable a download to be available straight away once the order is submitted when using this payment option.

Or do I have to log into my Authorize.net account and confirm that the payment has been manually then log into my store admin and change the order status myself so that that download is available to the customer.

Any help would be appreciated

• 8 months later...
I am selling digital products from my store.

I was just wondering if Authorize.net payments are done instantaneously and if so, should I enable a download to be available straight away once the order is submitted when using this payment option.

Or do I have to log into my Authorize.net account and confirm that the payment has been manually then log into my store admin and change the order status myself so that that download is available to the customer.

Any help would be appreciated

I'm having the same problems that you were experiencing. Were you able to

update the order status when Authorize.net authorized the purchase? If so,

what did you have to do?

Thanks,

Rick

Sasha_Ben,

You shouldn't have to do anything manually... if you did, I don't think your customers would trust purchasing anything through your store if they had to wait for you to intermittenly confirm payments before they got their download link. They want to hit checkout and immediately have their link. :)

That said, I don't have mine properly working (having the same problem as rdoolin) but I'll do what I can to get you up to where I am (just in case you aren't yet).

First, do you have Linda McGrath's downloads controller contribution installed in addition to the Authorize.net 1.7 consolidation contribution?

Do you have an SSL Certificate? If you don't, you can get a starterSSL certificate from http://www.ssl.com or just ask your webhost. My host gave and installed my SSL Certificate.

Once you get the 2 contributions I mentioned installed, then you need to setup the Authorize.net module from within the admin. You may need to ask your hosting company if php is compiled or not and what the cURL address is.

A small note about cURL. I had problems with it (as many, many did) but they were remedied when I found out my hosting company didn't have the most recent version. He updated it, my cURL error disappeared.

Basically, ask your hosting company what version they have... if it's not the latest, ask them to please upgrade or you'll have to find another host. I don't think the Authorize.net module plays nicely with early versions of cURL. :rolleyes:

Then, you need to go into your Authorize.net account and set up processing in TEST mode and you'll also need to create a Transaction key that will be entered into admin/modules/Authorize.net module setup.

There's probably a few other things that are needed that I'm forgetting. I'm really new to this combo as well. If you find out any useful info... share. :D

Good Luck

Ed

I'm having the same problems that you were experiencing.  Were you able to

update the order status when Authorize.net authorized the purchase?  If so,

what did you have to do?

Thanks,

Rick

I'm also having a similar problem.

The mock checkout process completes with no errors, however I get no download link when it completes because the payment is listed as pending in admin/orders. If I then set the transaction from 'pending' to 'delivered' from within admin/orders, I can then go back to the checkout and refresh the screen and the download link appears.

Does anyone have any insight on this problem? :)

Best Regards,

Ed

I'm also having a similar problem.

The mock checkout process completes with no errors, however I get no download link when it completes because the payment is listed as pending in admin/orders.  If I then set the transaction from 'pending' to 'delivered' from within admin/orders, I can then go back to the checkout and refresh the screen and the download link appears.

Does anyone have any insight on this problem? :)

Best Regards,

Ed

I am still having the same issues. We are using the SIM method of authorize.net.

Could that be the issue? Should we upgrade to the AIM method? Also, do we

need an SSL to enable the downloads to work?

Thanks, Rick

I've got mine working properly now.

I would recommend using the AIM method as opposed to the SIM method. You'll need an SSL certificate, but they are very cheap (or in some cases free).

Rick, is your checkout process completing and you are receiving the download link? You may need to change the order status default to delivered as opposed to pending if you aren't receiving the download link upon checkout completion.

I've got mine working properly now.

I would recommend using the AIM method as opposed to the SIM method.  You'll need an SSL certificate, but they are very cheap (or in some cases free).

Rick, is your checkout process completing and you are receiving the download link? You may need to change the order status default to delivered as opposed to pending if you aren't receiving the download link upon checkout completion.

Thanks Ed. I'm not receiving the download link until I manually update the database.

I'll give your suggestion a try though and I appreciate your help.

Rick

I am new to all this and stumbling my way through this. I have already setup an account with authorize.net, but need to know what to do from there. NICEGUYED helps a lot but I can't find the controller contribution??? Also, I have no idea what you mean by curl, so where do I start?

First and foremost, I would head on over to the Support thread for Auth.net consolidated. All your questions can be answered there. I don't think this is a downloads controller issue that you are having.

Here's a link to that Authorizenet.php fix that adds order status. http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=54791&st=360 . Post #382 is where I found the fix for the orderstatus. Further down, the module creator (Austin) also makes a small amendment to that and confirms it works.

And Rick, yes, I believe Updated will give you the link as well as 'delivered'.

So, to recap... if you are using consolidated 1.7, have SSL setup on your server properly, have cURL enabled on the server, have your Authorize.net account gateway properly configured, and do that modification to the authorizenet.php file... you should be good.

Let me know if you have more problems and i can walk you through it. But really, all your answers should lie in the above thread. :)

Good luck!

Ed

Edited by NiceGuyEd