• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SMTP Mail, Email Configuration Question

schiznotty

WHAT?!  :D

he's hoping someone can help him figure out why he's getting this error every time he sets up a new user in his existing store. he's working in windows.

ok, this was six weeks ago i just saw this. well, maybe it will help you understand spanish :)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are people actually getting this zip file emailed to them after 3 yrs? If so - Great! Why can't someone just post the solution here so NO BODY goes NUTS!!

Thanks! I am anticipating anyones response! :)

• 1 month later...
Are people actually getting this zip file emailed to them after 3 yrs? If so - Great! Why can't someone just post the solution here so NO BODY goes NUTS!!

Thanks! I am anticipating anyones response! :)

ha ha ha!!

after reading so far, i really wonder can someone just reupload the file or paste the solution here ?

i think i really stupid!! i don't seen be able to find where can i keying in the mail server info for smtp!!

I GOT A FIX FOR MY PROBLEM!

Somebody in another osCOmmerce support forum provided me with a modification to the email.php files in osCommerce that have solved my problem.

I'll provide them here and hopefully be able to help someone else out there having the same problem I did. Download the Zip file and read the "readme" file carefully. It's all in there.

http://69.19.189.145/smtp.zip

Thanks,

SM

I am having the same problem, it appears that the file has been removed is it possible for me to get it

Thanks

Trimmer

I did try to email you, got no reply

the one thing that I'm doing that most may not be is I'm using a shared SSL with my hosting server

it is all working fine..the only thing not working is the mail out.. its making accounts it processes orders

just doesn't mail out..

my cart just will not mail out.. I have tried all the email options..

I have changed the store mail [email protected] then I set it to an account that uses

server, [email protected] still no go

both email address do exist and work from the sphere panel just not the store

I haven't changed anything in the mail.php file only the configuration portion of the control panel

any help would be very welcome

thanks

Trimmer

one other thing that I have noticed, the contact us link under Information is working.. I get the mail and it forwards it message to my main account.. its just the make a new account, and forgot password or if I try to mail out from the store in the control panel that seems to fail

thanks again

Trimmer

FYI... I think I uploaded the wrong version of the smtp.zip a few hours ago when I made the last post. I have since updated the link to the correct smtp.zip. If you downloaded the file in the past few hours and are having problems, re-download the updated version at the same link above. Sorry about that. Thanks.

FYI... I think I uploaded the wrong version of the smtp.zip a few hours ago when I made the last post. I have since updated the link to the correct smtp.zip. If you downloaded the file in the past few hours and are having problems, re-download the updated version at the same link above. Sorry about that. Thanks.

YOU are a legend. I have never had emails working in my store for over a year. i just give up & decided to do everything the hardway & send mail manually to customers.

but not no more THANKS TO YOU.

THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

RESPECT.

Indi

hi everyone when I try to install the class.smtp.php file and edit the mail.php file I get this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /hsphere/local/home/trimmer3/kentuckyangling.net/admin/includes/classes/email.php on line 519

I placed the class files in the class files of both includes/classes.. adim and catalog then edited the mail.php

I switch back to the old mail.php it opens up but of course still doesn't mail..

when I do the edit the program will not open and gets the error above

thanks for any help

Trimmer

Hi schiznotty,

finally I can send emails too :)

thanks a lot.

I have tried everything but it was unsuccessful and now with this smtp.zip everything is ok :))

many many thanks

I just wanted to report that I did get it working..

I want to thank all that help me.. and the file that Jay sent to me..

all is good..:)

Trimmer

• 2 weeks later...
The file smtp.zip just isnt available any more....

can someone send it to me pls

[email protected]

the link is on page two of this thread...

I havn't tried it yet but i am having the same problem...as the rest of us...haha

Good luck,

maybe oscommerce can include this in an upgraded version...

is there any reason someone doesn't include this in a official contribution

Ilan

Archived