• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicating a site to another domain??

you select your created database from the left hand window then in the right hand window select the SQL tab and in the new window where it says query there is a browse button locate the sql file on your local machine and then hit go, this will load the sql to the database and the job is done

Yes you are right, upon looking at this now it does make sense. When I locate the sql text document and push go I get a 404 message. For some reason it wont upload.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you start up phpMyAdmin you should see this

MySQL

Create new database with a text box

type the name of your new database in the box and click the button create, this will create a database with the name that you entered.

the new database will be in the dropdown box in the left hand frame, select the database then in the right hand window select the SQL tab, in the new window where it says query there is a browse button click the browse button and locate the sql file on your local machine then click go, this will load the sql to the database and the job is done unless there is an error in the sql file

QUOTE (241 @ Apr 21 2004, 11:48 PM)

you select your created database from the left hand window then in the right hand window select the SQL tab and in the new window where it says query there is a browse button locate the sql file on your local machine and then hit go, this will load the sql to the database and the job is done 

Yes you are right, upon looking at this now it does make sense. When I locate the sql text document and push go I get a 404 message. For some reason it wont upload.

Hey TOM are you watching this :o

post the first 8 lines of the sql

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Do you think my SQL file may have an error Steve? I tried unzipping OSC again and tried to upload the new SQL file, but again upon pushing go I get the 404: File not found message.

Do you think my SQL file may have an error Steve? I tried unzipping OSC again and tried to upload the new SQL file, but again upon pushing go I get the 404: File not found message.

I'd go back and get the 2.5.6 version of phpMyAdmin and install that.

If you read the page you downloaded from they note that 2.6.0-alpha1 is a very preliminary release mainly for geeks. It's not even in beta testing.

Yesterday, just for giggles I did a new install of 2.5.6 on a site, created a new db and uploaded the osCommerce sql file from my local machine. Exactly what you tried to do, except it worked.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

I must be a geek as I use 2.6.0-alpha1 <_< oh well thats life B) better get back to GEEK heaven :D

Try opening up the sql file and copying the contents then pasting in the query window in phpMyAdmin that is the same place that you were using the browse, then hit go.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

We're trying to get a job done, not experiment with new toys.

Hi Alan, I installed the 2.5.6. version last night and it is still doing it. Glad to hear you managed to install it!! :lol:

I have now managed to install the sql. What is the next step?? :)

Tried that as well Steve about pasting it and it still didnt work. Maybe reinstalling from fresh done the job now that I know what I am doing. (Ha, Ha!!!)

MarkR

curiousity how did you get the sql installed was it by upload or copy and paste

did you have to remove or comment out the first line of the sql as this is a common mistake when exporting a sql and copying

By upload, I think the reason why I didn't work before was because I reconfigured the config file after it ahd been uploaded. So I started from a fresh and it seems to have worked.

So whats the next step chaps. (Bet you cant wait to get rid of me now!! :lol: )

Just alter the

catalog/includes/configure.php and

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Files to match the new server.

so at the moment you have the basic sql from the osc zip installed but as yet you do not have the sql from your other database installed would that be correct as I have lost the plot :blink:

I will leave you with AlanR as I am away to do a similar thing for someone and anticipate this to take 5 mins.

You will no doubt be finished by then :D

Just alter the

catalog/includes/configure.php and

catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

Files to match the new server.

Steve. I pressume your install went ok!! :lol:

Now that I have succesfully installed the new database after running around the houses and a few citys, shall I now just upload the duplicate site to my FTP but not forgetting to change the 2 configuration files first?? Is that all I need to do?? :)

I am hoping this will be one of my last posts on this thread. (I am sure your thinking the same!! :lol: )

You got it. You could just download the existing catalog folder and upload it to the new server. Then edit the configuation.php files to reflect the defines of the new server.

That is exactly what I have just done, I have downloaded the orignal from FTP to the PC, then updated the 2 config files and now I am about to upload to the new domain. Will let you know shortly Alan. (Fingers crossed!! :unsure: )

When I goto the admin page none of my images are there, the DVD categories are their from the demo version. I have configured both files correctley which correspond to the new server. What could be causing this??

evidently in your moving things around you have changed the settings to the tables, etc. what have you done? is this site live at the moment?

what all contributions/changes?

evidently in your moving things around you have changed the settings to the tables, etc. what have you done? is this site live at the moment?

what all contributions/changes?

Does this mean I cannot make a duplicate site as I have made changes to it?? :(

Archived