• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicating a site to another domain??

I've got hosting with three different companies.

Now if you prefer ezhosting4u.com that's your choice.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also after I downloaded phpadmin all I have is a load of Dreamweaver documents, what am I supposed to do with all of this to make it work??  :blink:

:lol:

Well, if you only see the world through Dreamweaver eyes the same could be said of osCommerce. A bunch of Dreamweaver files.

Have you tried going to http://yournewsite/phpMyAdmin-2.5.6/index.php and seeing what happens?

241, I phoned my hosting company and they told me I would have to install it myself.

Alan, I have now uploaded phpmyadmin onto my server and when I goto http://mynewsite/phpMyAdmin-2.5.6/index.php[/url] I get this message:- phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

Cannot connect: invalid settings.

I pressume I will now have to configure my 'config.inc.php' to my server settings??

yes the config.inc will need to have the correct information

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Alan, I have now uploaded phpmyadmin onto my server and when I goto http://mynewsite/phpMyAdmin-2.5.6/index.php[/url]  I get this message:- phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

Error

MySQL said:

Cannot connect: invalid settings.

I pressume I will now have to configure my 'config.inc.php' to my server settings??

Yup you have to manually edit config.inc.php and supply it with your username and password.

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname or IP address

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = ''; // MySQL port - leave blank for default port

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = FALSE; // Use compressed protocol for the MySQL connection

// (requires PHP >= 4.3.0)

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = ''; // MySQL control user settings

// (this user must have read-only

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = ''; // access to the "mysql/user"

// and "mysql/db" tables).

// The controluser is also

// used for all relational

// features (pmadb)

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'username'; // MySQL user

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'DBpassword'; // MySQL password (only needed

// with 'config' auth_type)

You just have to alter the settings in red.

Tim

You just have to alter the settings in red.

Tim

You also have to tell it where the phpMyAdmin files are found on the web, ie:

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://www.yourdomain/phpMyAdmin-2.5.6';

So it can find its files and image files.

Oops, forgot that one. :blink:

:D

It'll run if you screw that up but the screen will be all wonky. I know. ;)

I pressume I will be inputing my new domain database username and password?

Thanks very much BTW I feel like at last there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! :D

I pressume I will be inputing my new domain database username and password?

Thanks very much BTW I feel like at last there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! :D

Yep.

From this thread it seems like you may be doing more installs in the future. The next time you do an osC install you'll install phpMyAdmin at the same time. In five minutes.

The two programs go hand in hand.

I have phpmyadmin working now (Horraaayyyy!! :rolleyes: ).

Once I open up the Admin page of 'phpmyadmin', Under the title of 'My SQL' I can make a few selections but on one of them it reads 'Create new database: [Documentation]

No Privileges (Is this a problem?)

Now I pressume this is the one I need to select to create my new database.

So far I have uploaded the duplicate new site to the new domain including the old database file which is on the route of \catalog\includes\functions\Database. I have also made the modifications to both configure files.

What do I need to do to create this new database from phpmyadmin??

Getting their slowly chaps, thanks!! :)

When you start up phpMyAdmin you should see this

MySQL

Create new database with a text box

type the name of your new database in the box and click the button create, this will create a database with the name that you entered.

the new database will be in the dropdown box in the left hand frame, select the database then in the right hand window select the SQL tab, in the new window where it says query there is a browse button click the browse button and locate the sql file on your local machine then click go, this will load the sql to the database and the job is done unless there is an error in the sql file

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Under the Mysql title it reads this

MySQL

Create new database: [Documentation]

No Privileges

I cannot select it as it is greyed out.

did you set the password and user properly? what you should do, is probably create the database and user via your control panel, then just access them via phpmyadmin

did you set the password and user properly?  what you should do, is probably create the database and user via your control panel, then just access them via phpmyadmin

I agree. That procedure will also provide the database name and assign a changable password.

Without doing that he won't understand the naming conventions (if any) of his host.

I did create a database in my control panel of my host where it gave me my password, username etc. I then obviously put those values in the config file of phpmyadmin. When I click on databases in myadmin the one created from my host is there.

I did create a database in my control panel of my host where it gave me my password, username etc. I then obviously put those values in the config file of phpmyadmin. When I click on databases in myadmin the one created from my host is there.

Well, that's the one you want. It's empty, right?

OK I think I have accessed the database, what do I do now?

Either install phpMyAdmin on your old server or make a db back-up using the admin section and download that to your pc. You can now use phpMyAdmin to import that data to the new server.

I don't think I would have taken 2.6.0-alpha1. I'd probably have stuck with 2.5.6 but it it works OK then no problem. You're not going to be a heavy user of it.

I guess I must be talking to myself then as I have given the step by step instructions <_<

Steve, it wasn't until I successfully uploaded myadmin onto the server that the database you were talking about made sense. On reflection now, your instructions make perfect sense and it all seems very straight forward, sorry I have been very slow in picking this up. Now all I need to do is import the old db but I cannot find how to upload it in the admin section of 'myadmin'.All I can see an export tab?? :(

He explained it on page 2 of this thread.

Archived