• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Country-State Selector

stevel

Thanks for that .. appreciate it.

I have just one more prob. When i click on Create new Account and goes to the screen to enter all my details. Well the blue indicator.gif shows up on the top left hand corner. it goes away when i change country. How do i fix this please? Because the indicator.gif is supposed to be called when changing countries and its loading the states pull down menu, i understood thats when its supposed to have appeared but this appears whenever you click on Create New Account and remains showing until you change countries.

Edited by CGhoST

Thanks for that .. appreciate it.

I have just one more prob. When i click on Create new Account and goes to the screen to enter all my details. Well the blue indicator.gif shows up on the top left hand corner. it goes away when i change country. How do i fix this please? Because the indicator.gif is supposed to be called when changing countries and its loading the states pull down menu, i understood thats when its supposed to have appeared but this appears whenever you click on Create New Account and remains showing until you change countries.

Doenst seem like you added the CSS tag for the indicator.. create one and add the value 'visibility: hidden;' it will start off as hidden and should show up when its loading..

#indicator {
visibility:hidden;
}

you can modify it as you see fit for your page..

J

I just installed version 1.5.5 and it seems to be working okay, except I get the following error on admin/customers.php which normally means I made a mistake, right?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /path/to/admin/customers.php on line 221

Line 221 for me is:

case 'deleteconfirm':

but the problem could be anywhere. I went thru it twice and it "looks" right, but I'll have to try again.

My question is, what functionality does this contrib add to customers.php, and is it necessary?

Also, is it designed behavior to have the numeral "1" added to State/Province when it goes to manual entry?

Thanks,

JG

osC v2.2 RC2a w/ no special templates

PHP Version 5.2.14 / MySQL 5.0.91-community

Okay, I removed the contrib from the Admin area... it's just not necessary IMHO.

FWIW, I believe the error had something to do with this (adding the } ):

Line 152:

Replace:

if ($error == false) {

with:

// +Country-State Selector	  
  }  // End if (!$refresh)	
  if (($error == false) && ($refresh != 'true')) {
// -Country-State Selector

Edited by jgeoff

Okay, I removed the contrib from the Admin area... it's just not necessary IMHO.

FWIW, I believe the error had something to do with this (adding the } ):

Line 152:

Replace:

if ($error == false) {

with:

}  // End if (!$refresh)	

jgeoff

open the file catalog/create_account.php

at the top.. change

ajax_get_zones_html(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['country']), true);

to

ajax_get_zones_html(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['country']), '');

I will make those changes and upload a new version.

that will get rid of the 1 showing up a default in states without predefined zones..

J

jgeoff

open the file catalog/create_account.php

at the top.. change

ajax_get_zones_html(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['country']), true);

to

ajax_get_zones_html(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['country']), '');

That makes most of the code (until the HTML) turn grey if I do that, in Notepad++, so that doesn't seem exactly right, syntax wise...?

That makes most of the code (until the HTML) turn grey if I do that, in Notepad++, so that doesn't seem exactly right, syntax wise...?

not sure why.. you are only replacing the ,true); with ,''); (two single quotes) .. this should work my friend..

not sure why.. you are only replacing the ,true); with ,''); (two single quotes) .. this should work my friend..

My bad: I thought that was a double-quotation mark (") :blush:

My bad: I thought that was a double-quotation mark (") :blush:

well actually.. you dont even need that heh.. the two single quotes '' argument is default .. so you dont even need to pass it..

J

Hi Guys,

Ive got the script workingon all my other pages, except for my create_account.php.

I have compared, copied, double checked and done it all again, to no success!

check it out: http://icustom.ca/create_account.php

Any ideas??

Best,

Aaron

There is a javascript error.. getStates is not defined.. seems like you didnt attached the ajax.js.php file to create_account.php .. and yup just checked the page source.. the javascript required isnt there..

My question is, what functionality does this contrib add to customers.php, and is it necessary?

The general idea is that if you want to edit the customer record, it is nice to have the same zone dropdown feature as in the store. As I indicated in my version, this is entirely optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this interesting looking add-on to work in conjunction with a recent version of "Fast Easy Checkout" and "Autoupdate Cart"?

I can't get it to work at all, but I know virtually nothing about coding.

As I have FEC installed, I assume that the edit in create_account.php should go in which ever version of create_account.php (1, 2 or 3) I choose to use. But the bits that I'm supposed to edit in the FEC version of create_account.php are different to the standard one, and though I've tried to guess which bits to edit it still didn't work, so I've uninstalled the Country-State selector for the time being.

But if someone has got the Country-State selector to work with FEC, and is willing to share how they did it, I'll give it another try. I suppose I could do without the Autoupdate Cart add-on, if I had to (as I suspect it may interfere with the Country-State selector add-on), though I do think it's very useful.

Thanks for reading this,

Dave.

Edited by Davefromcornwall

Hi Dave,

If your from UK, I`ve done a simpler package at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5889 that might do for you.

:thumbsup:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Hi Dave,

If your from UK, I`ve done a simpler package at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5889 that might do for you.

:thumbsup:

Yes, I've had a look at your add-on, and it looks good, but we do want to sell worldwide and the Country-State selector would suit that better, if I could get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a few problems with certain customers and I have no idea how it can be happening and I hoped someone might be able to sched some light on the issue.

I'm using the ajax version, but I'm not sure if the problem is particular to this version or not.

I have some customers who's state is recorded incorrectly when they place thier order.

E.g. I have just had a customer from the UK in Helston, so they should have chosed Cornwall from the state dropdown but their state is recorded as Northwest Territories, which is infact in Canada.

I've quite a few other customers with similar problems and I have been unable to recreate it myself.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a fix for the "unexpected T_CASE" in customers.php?

I've seen lots and lots of people with this problem but no one is posting a fix. Please help.

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2

Is there a fix for the "unexpected T_CASE" in customers.php?

I've seen lots and lots of people with this problem but no one is posting a fix. Please help.

I found the problem, and posted the bug fix to the addons page.

The problem was in the README.HTM file, it added an extra "}" in /admin/customers.php, fix is here:

Line 152:

Replace:

} //  End if (!$refresh)	

with:

//  End if (!$refresh)	

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2