• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Printing mailing labels

shedman1

Has anyone found a shipping label module, that is printing shipping/mailing labels with the buyers address on it. possibly being able to define at what label to start eg label 3 if you are only printing 1 or 2 a day?

I had a look and search for label as well as printing through the contributions but could not find a contrib to print any labels.

Any help would really be welcome.

Have fun

Shedman

Edited by shedman1

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for the same thing.

I got a good deal on continuous labels and have my Store Return Address printed on the FROM part of it.

I'd love to put these in the printer and have OSC print the TO part for me.

In fact, as a one-man company, I'd love to have the system automatically print the shipping receipt (for me to pull from and insert into the package), and a mailing label each time an oreder is received.

In my case, the server is remote from me, but all sales are from Credit Card and paid for in advance.

The easier I can make things, the better.

I guess one could modify the BATCH ORDER PRINT process quite a bit to do the mailing labels...

Anyone want to try that?

• 5 months later...

I have developed a complete web shipping application that generates UPS and FedEx shipping labels. US Mail labels are complete, but not supported in the current version. Anyway, I have installed and configured my product to pull from osCommerce databases many times. Here is a link to my product:

http://www.sonicode.com/mercury.php

Also, here is a working demo:

http://mercury.sonicode.com/

If you have any questions, just give me a holler!

• 3 weeks later...
I have developed a complete web shipping application that generates UPS and FedEx shipping labels.  US Mail labels are complete, but not supported in the current version.  Anyway, I have installed and configured my product to pull from osCommerce databases many times.  Here is a link to my product:

http://www.sonicode.com/mercury.php

Also, here is a working demo:

http://mercury.sonicode.com/

If you have any questions, just give me a holler!

I grabbed the packingslip files and re saved as shipping labels

changed the wording and coding so that it only called the sendto portion of the packing slip - if you wanted to you leave your details in there as well and place a "from" so that it all prints on the same label.

I then configured the label for about an A5 size (trial and error) here

Grabbed the psd file in the icons / buttons and created a button called labels and placed into the the admin/orders.php file and linked to the created shipping label file.

Basically in admin / orders.php whenever you select an order the labels button is an option, select that button and the label appears (this was good enough for me) in a browser window - print this to A5 sticky label.

My process - new order print packing slip, invoice and shipping label in one go,

Could be improved but it works for me

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

goeff,

sounds like what we may need here too,

could you maybe post the script and I can cut and paste it to the approiate file (you may need to give me step by step instructions, as my partner , er wife, is the techhead, i spent 3 hours trying to fix up my playing with our site one night....

I just pick, pack and post, see where the labels interest me!!

we average about 5 orders a day, as well as ebay purchases

Gaz

Australia