• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

internal server error

sputnikinternet

Hi All

I have a website at www.deloresandevelyn.co.uk which was working fine, but over the weekend, I suddenyl encountered an Internal Server Error on every oscommerce page.

I'm pretty sure my configure.php settings are right, and it is connecting to the database.

Claranet (where it's hosted) say they haven't changed anything.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Andy

It is a server performance issue - I could open pages sometimes.... sometimes I couldn't :blink: - I'd be looking for another host if they won't give you any joy.

Matti

Don't believe them! The support staff probably wouldn't know if something was changed by the technical staff anyway. Keep pestering them, and don't take no for an answer. If your site was working fine before - they HAVE changed something, whether it's an upgrade to php, apache, their control panels etc.

Vger

Hi People

I sussed it out!

After spending an hour on the phone getting more detailed error logs, it turned out it was a problem with the parse time logs.

I created the file in my root directory, changed it's permission, changed the path to it manually in the configure table of the database and it worked. hooray!!

Still no idea why it went awry, but who cares cos at least i don't have a nagging client :-)

Cheers for the support.

Andy

Archived