• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS problem

sandralk

OK...i've tried everything i can think of to get USPS working on my site with no luck. I've talked to USPS several times and they can't help.

So here's where i stand. I'm currently running MS1 because MS2 wasn't working correctly on my server, and by the time i realized it was going to be a problem, i had done a lot of modding. When i get to the shipping page i get the following error:

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order. 

United States Postal Service 

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Just for kicks, I tried using the USPS module from MS2 just to see if it would work, and my error message changes to:

United States Postal Service 

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country

So, now I'm not sure if that means i am one step closer if i can just fix that missing value, or if it will be another dead end.

The person i talked to at USPS said that it must be an error in the string and that is why it isn't working. I checked the info in the orignial USPS php file and it matches. Is there something prior to getting to that point that could be causing it to not work? an issue with my product database? are there restrictions to the format of numbers in the weight that i need to make sure are correct? Is it just not going to work with MS1? I'm kind of at a loss here for what to try next. I'm going to have to come up with a fee scale for now because it doesn't look like i'll be getting this done before my opening on monday, but i'd like to get it working eventually :)

any thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm getting the same error as sandralk:

United States Postal Service?

-2147219080 - Missing value for Country

zzfritz - this appears to be a pretty wide spread issue without an easy resolution (do a forum search on '2147219080'). Most of us running into this issue have been running fine with USPS and then wake up one morning and it's down completely. No changes, no warnings.

I'm searching the forums now for a solution. If anyone has anything on this please share. Thanks!

those errors are that you have your zip code set incorreclty in the store configuration area, where the shipping is pulled from.

look in your backroom, i have no idea where this # 2147219080 is being stored, nor do i know what zip code that is.

United States Postal Service?

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I get the same error.

THe USPS module was initially fine when I first installed, but then all of a sudden started giving me this error. I tried removing, then reinstalling the USPS module. Now, after reinstalling and pressing the "edit" button, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /home2/driwash/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php(216) : eval()'d code on line 1

Why? Can Anyone help?

Thanks.

John Skurka

• 2 months later...
Make sure to set the Postal Code and County Code for your store in Admin -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging (MS2).

Thank you!!!! This is exactly what my problem was. The poastal code was not set correctly.