• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Orders Not Appearing

Hi,

We created a site using osCommerce as our storefront system:

http://shop.poken.com/store/tbrown/index.php

The problem is that when someone pays by PayPal the orders do not always appear in the order list. We do however get the PayPal payment. Is there a reason why this is happening?

Most of the orders appear to be for this item:

http://shop.poken.com/store/tbrown/product...?products_id=19

As I said, sometimes the PayPal orders appear, but most of the time they do not.

Any help with this issue, would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you.

I have had the same problem and found that the standard paypal validation does not seem to work. the shoppingcart paypal IPN contribution does the trick although i am still having problems with reducing the stock and the IPN validation but I am sure that this will be fixed soon (as soon as I find the right thread about it here :-) )

Edited by shedman1

The stock OSC does not process the order unless the customer returns to the site from paypal. in other words, the customer must specifically press the button to return to your osc site from paypal side. the new auto return feature on paypal helps this problem but still does not solve all problems since paypal does not automatically return if the customer does not have a palpal account.

try setting up autoreturn on paypal and see if that helps your situation. there are also some contributions for ipn in the contributions section if you want to install on top of the stock osc. There area also some other posts concerning this problem.

I am actually working on a solution myself and will be contributing when complete.

Shannon Hughes

same here, got orders that are not showing up in the admin orders section......any help on this?

I have my sites main index page as the return link in paypal.....

Please try adding your site URL in auto return of paypal. I have tried this and now the orders are showing for orders made via paypal.

Go to Merchant tools in paypal

Scroll down and you can find Other PayPal Tools

Under that click on Auto Return to add your URL.

Try it ! This works for me.

I had a tough time earlier coz the orders didnt show up when the customer ordered and I had no idea what item they have ordered !!

Whew !!

Rgds

Monica

http://cheapsubscription.com/