• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL query problem, please help!

paulm2003

Hi,

I'm trying to create a nice pricelist contri (for printing), mostly it works fine but it prints the prices/products for all languages at once. Could anybody help me to change the queries below to make it load only the products/categories for the current langage (= "(int)$languages_id" ?). I really don't know any sql myself yet :( , these queries are copied from another GPL script .

$query = 'SELECT * FROM categories LEFT JOIN categories_description USING(categories_id) ORDER BY sort_order, categories_name';

$query = 'SELECT * FROM products LEFT JOIN products_description USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_to_categories USING(products_id) WHERE  products_status = 1';// WHERE products_description.language_id='.$lang;

here you can see what it does at the moment:

http://www.eeweb.nl/osc-bts/prijslijst.php

(if the server isn't down again :rolleyes: )

$query = 'SELECT * FROM categories LEFT JOIN categories_description USING(categories_id) WHERE categories_description.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY sort_order, categories_name';

$query = 'SELECT * FROM products LEFT JOIN products_description USING(products_id) LEFT JOIN products_to_categories USING(products_id) WHERE  products_status = 1 and products_description.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id . '"';

I'd rather be flying!

Hi Henry,

thank you very very much!!! :D

I tried several things alike, but I just don't understand enough to really make it work. I believe I put WHERE categories_description.language_id = "' . (int)$languages_id . '" after the ORDER BY at a certain moment but I'm not sure if that really was the problem.

Only had to make a small change to the categories query you posted:

$query = 'SELECT * FROM categories LEFT JOIN categories_description USING(categories_id) WHERE categories_description.language_id = "' . (int)$languages_id . '" ORDER BY sort_order, categories_name';

Switched the " with the ' surrounding (int)$languages_id, but that was very easy to find of course. (it resulted in a unexpected " error)

Now I will try to fix a problem that arises if a main category has so many entries that three tables isn't enough to print it all (and a fourth table won't fit the page usually). After that, and some other minor/easy changes, I think it's worth while to upload a first version to the contributions :) .

thanks again,

Paul

• 3 weeks later...