• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL error after installing Download Controller

Walli

Hi,

after I installed Download COntrollev5.3, I always get an error message when I try to check the orders in Admin section.

Before everything was fine.

What do I have to do, that this works again?

Best,

Walli

P.S I use OSC 2.2

what is the actual error message and did you install the file that you mention downloads_controller.sql into your database

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

I didn?t install this file into the database, I didn?t see any information on that :o

So how do I have to install this file into the database?

Thank you,

Walli

there are instructions which need to be followed in order to complete things. you should reread everything in full, also post the error code. without the error displayed here, it is a bit tough to help troubleshoot.

Hi,

I think I followed the instructions, but I don?t know what this means.

--

Add the new configuration settings with the downloads_controller.sql file. This will add the new settings for the Admin.

--

Sorry, but I am not a native english speaker, so sometimes it?s hard to understand.

best regards,

Walli

P.S Everything else seems to work fine - a free product automatically uses the new payment method, the download button appears and works.

It?s only the error message in the admin section.

use either mysql controller or phpmyadmin and then copy the contents of the sql file to the sql query box in either program, then execute the query.

to learn more on how to use either program ( i am assuming you have one or the other for doing sql ) go to mysql.com or phpmyadmin.com

If you have phpMyAdmin use it select the database from the left hand window then in the right hand window select the sql tab browse to the sql file located on your local machine or add the contents of the file using copy and paste to the querry window then click go that is the job done

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

thank you for your fast answer.

I uses PHPMYADMIN and it told me it worked.

But when trying to check the orders in Admin section of os commerce, I still get the error message:

--

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

--

what can I do to "repair" this ??

best and thanxs for your help,

Walli

and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

should be order by *something* limit 0,20. This usually means that there was an error making the edits for the contribution. Look for code that says something like
. "' order by " . $something

The string would then get passed to the split_listing_class, where the limit is added.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

I found this in the orders.php file of the admin section:

. (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by $order";

similar code is found several times.

I am very new to PHP, but I thought the $order variable should be outside the "" and added with a point.

Could this be the problem?

best,

Walli

as suggested in a different thread, I completly removed the order by $order code three times, now the order page in the admin section works again.

I think this is only a temporary solution, I hope that there will be a "real" solution for this problem soon.

best,

Walli