• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EZier New Fields

nrlatsha

Hi

New at this, so need some help. I have install Ezier 5.0 but can't figure out SQL part.

I have added the extra product_retail_price into the product table. In phpMyAdmin where do I go and how do I insert into configurations parts of the install.

Thanks

Brian

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

New at this, so need some help.  I have install Ezier 5.0 but can't figure out SQL part.

I have added the extra product_retail_price into the product table. In phpMyAdmin where do I go and how do I insert into configurations parts of the install.

Thanks

Brian

hello

1. Launch phpmyadmin

2. select the database (if you have more than one)

3. Click the SQL tab at the top of page above the table listing

4. Paste the contents of the "Ezier new fields 5.0 sql " file into the window you can see after clicking the SQL tab

WAIT - you said you added extra produc retail, so delete this line -

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_retail_price` decimal(10,2) default NULL AFTER `products_price`;

from the text you just pasted in the window.

5. Click the "GO" button.

thats it.

all done.

:D

I have enabled this mod on several stores, each time it has improved sales by 5 - 10 %. You will find that every modification you make that improves ease of use or impacts the message to the buyer will improve conversions.

One example of the mod - http://www.discountvitaminshop.com

Perhaps I can write some sort of function that logs keyboard errors, head falling on keyboard, jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

jjjjjjjjjjj, and number of errors created on output.

Then a popup would say:

The spelling threw me off to, so dictionary support will be provided by Google from now on...

LOL :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all

it took me some time to make it work but now i have it almost done.

I just have one probleme now but I need help on this one:

Retail Price: ?7,98Eur

Your Price: ?5,60Eur

You Save: ?2,27Eur (30%)

as you can see 5,60 + 2,27 is not = to 7,98.

The tax is 5% so what it is doing is calculating the savings without the taxes.

(2,27 * 5%) + 5,60 = 7,98

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong ???? :(

• 1 month later...
hi all

it took me some time to make it work but now i have it almost done.

I just have one probleme now but I need help on this one:

Retail Price: ?7,98Eur

Your Price: ?5,60Eur

You Save: ?2,27Eur (30%)

as you can see 5,60 + 2,27 is not = to 7,98.

The tax is 5% so what it is doing is calculating the savings without the taxes.

(2,27 * 5%) + 5,60 = 7,98

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong ???? :(

Go back a page or two in this forum and there is a updated file to highlight and copy into ezier_new_fields.php.

Edited by Gob

I have the same problem as I note some others do also, in that unless there is an entry in the Recommended Retail field, nothing will display when there IS a special set on an item.

Has anyone figured the correction for this?

Other than that, this is a great little simple contrib, Thanks very much to the writter.

I installed the contribution Ezier New Fields and everything has gone well. However...

Step 3 changes catalog/product_info.php

This is what my product_info.php file has in it which is none of the lines listed in Step 3.

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/03/04 23:38:02 ccwjr Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$content = CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO;

$javascript = 'popup_window.js';

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATE_NAME . '/' . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Any idea where to go to make the changes needed for Step 3.

I'm getting the Retail Price on the Sub-Category page like at http://atozbestbargains.chainreactionweb.c...p?cPath=104_105

But, I need it to be on the Individual Page like at http://atozbestbargains.chainreactionweb.c...products_id=288

Thx for the help.

I installed the contribution Ezier New Fields and everything has gone well. However...

Step 3 changes catalog/product_info.php

This is what my product_info.php file has in it which is none of the lines listed in Step 3.

<?php

/*

$Id: product_info.php,v 1.1.1.1 2004/03/04 23:38:02 ccwjr Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);

$content = CONTENT_PRODUCT_INFO;

$javascript = 'popup_window.js';

require(DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . TEMPLATE_NAME . '/' . TEMPLATENAME_MAIN_PAGE);

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Any idea where to go to make the changes needed for Step 3.

I'm getting the Retail Price on the Sub-Category page like at http://atozbestbargains.chainreactionweb.c...p?cPath=104_105

But, I need it to be on the Individual Page like at http://atozbestbargains.chainreactionweb.c...products_id=288

Thx for the help.

The lines you have posted are from the beginning of product_info.php

The instructions qoute approximate line numbers - the first change is around line 72, (it may be slightly different if you have modified the file previously).

Look for the block that begins -

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name

You are then instructed to add p.products_retail_price,

before p.products_price,

So heres an example...

The original block starting at line 72 looks like this;

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

So I am going to add some text before some text as above.

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_retail_price, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($product_info_query);

Thats it!

Good luck.

F5

Flyer5

lmassia is using a termplate system, at a guess he is actually possibly using the CRE Loaded version.

This being the case lmassia, you will need to look in the Templates directory and change every template the same, that you are using.

Good luck.

CreLoaded is not supported here. Go to their website for support on your shop if this is the case.

Any references to CreLoaded to muck up this post will be deleted from this point on without warning.

Any posters who see any reference to CreLoaded after my post, please report it immediately.

If I am out of line as a Moderator, please do not complain, the other Moderators will see this and set me straight. :D

There's a new sheriff in town and I have itchy delete fingers. :D

Flyer5

lmassia is using a termplate system, at a guess he is actually possibly using the CRE Loaded version.

This being the case lmassia, you will need to look in the Templates directory and change every template the same, that you are using.

Good luck.

yeah I saw the reference to the template but assumed (having only looked at one template system) that the contents of the info.php file would be inserted into the template.

kinda makes these templates hard work i think!

good luck imassia if that is the case.

I believe the moderator who has threatened to delete any mention of cre templates has slightly over reacted.. I dont believe anyone has asked for support on them? maybe I am not reading the posts correctly..

F5

Everything is going well, however...

When you click on the New Products box, and go to the page that lists ALL of the products....

We have:

Retail Price: $15.95 (with strikethru)

Your Price: $10.60

Is there ANY way to get the SAVINGS line below this, e.g.

You Save: $5.35 (34%)

which DOES show up on the Individual Product Page.

Thx.

I also have a "Featured" box where I have my Mother's Day items set out.

Any way I could get the Retail Price, Your Price (which is the only price currently showing) and You Save info on both the page listing ALL the products as well as the Individual pages.

Thx.

I am using this contrib but it does not show decimal places but my other product displays do show decimal places - is there a setting I have not changed???

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe

There is a setting in configuration called "ezier new fields decimal places" - have you set that one?

F5

• 2 weeks later...
Hallo,

sorry about my English, but I try it.

We use 5.01 and we have a Problem with the shown Price. We want to show the Price in Euro and in USD with Taxes.

Thank you for your effort.

If I understand what you are saying, you want both USD and Euro to display at the same time.

This contribution does not do this.

The best option is to just have the currencies setup so the client can choose the option they want to see. This also helps in not having to many calls from the database at anyone time.

If I understand what you are saying, you want both USD and Euro to display at the same time.

This contribution does not do this.

The best option is to just have the currencies setup so the client can choose the option they want to see. This also helps in not having to many calls from the database at anyone time.

Thanks for your answer.

This constribution calculate and displays the Price without Tax. We have to show the Price with Tax.

Not at the same time, only when we change the currency.

Hello, i've got a problem with Easy new fields and featured_products (featured products on the home page).

Products with no retail price appears like this :

featured.gif

I tryed all but i'm not a great coder :(

I want for products with no retail price that "retail price= 0?" does not appear.

Please could someone help me!

Here's is the file featured.php in /catalog/includes/modules

--------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php

if(FEATURED_PRODUCTS_DISPLAY == 'true')

{

$featured_products_category_id = $new_products_category_id;

$cat_name_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name from categories_description where categories_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' limit 1");

$cat_name_fetch = tep_db_fetch_array($cat_name_query);

$cat_name = $cat_name_fetch['categories_name'];

$info_box_contents = array();

if ( (!isset($featured_products_category_id)) || ($featured_products_category_id == '0') ) {

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => '<a class="headerNavigation" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a>');

list($usec, $sec) = explode(' ', microtime());

srand( (float) $sec + ((float) $usec * 100000) );

$mtm= rand();

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, p.products_retail_price, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand($mtm) DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);

} else {

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => sprintf(TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CATEGORY, $cat_name));

$featured_products_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, s.status as specstat, p.products_retail_price, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c left join " . TABLE_FEATURED . " f on p.products_id = f.products_id where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . $featured_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' and f.status = '1' order by rand() DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_FEATURED_PRODUCTS);

}

$row = 0;

$col = 0;

$num = 0;

while ($featured_products = tep_db_fetch_array($featured_products_query)) {

$num ++; if ($num == 1) { new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents); }

$featured_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($featured_products['products_id']);

if($featured_products['specstat']) {

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $retail . TEXT_PRODUCTS_RETAIL_PRICE_INFO . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_retail_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></a><s><b>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b></s><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_SPECIAL_INFO . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) .'</span>');

} else {

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $featured_products['products_image'], $featured_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $featured_products['products_id']) . '">' . $featured_products['products_name'] . '</a><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $retail . TEXT_PRODUCTS_RETAIL_PRICE_INFO . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_retail_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span></a><b>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_INFO . $currencies->display_price($featured_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($featured_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</b></span>');

}

$col ++;

if ($col > 2) {

$col = 0;

$row ++;

}

}

if($num) {

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

}

} else // If it's disabled, then include the original New Products box

{

include (DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);

}

?>

Forget my last question... its ok :'( :-"

Can't we edit message ?

ok now my good question: B)

In product_listing, how could we ascendent or descendant sort by saving ?

Exemple: 20% 15% 12% 2% or 2% 12% 15% 20%

:thumbsup:

Forget my last question... its ok  :'(  :-"

Can't we edit message ?

ok now my good question:  B)

In product_listing, how could we ascendent or descendant sort by saving ?

Exemple: 20% 15% 12% 2%  or  2%  12%  15%  20%

:thumbsup:

I found for sort order by retail price (ascendent or descendant) :

In catalog/index.php

add:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_RETAIL_PRICE':

$listing_sql .= "p.products_retail_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

For savings sort order, i think we need a tep_get function cause savings are not in the database, they are calculated

I added this contribution today and am getting this error message when I attempt to add a new product to the site.

I am testing it on a not yet opn site so it is not on one of my active sites but did I do something wrong on installation?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/mydomain/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/mydomain/.panel/web/ecommerce/os/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

*** I inserted the words mydomain to not put that information in here. ***