• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LTL (Freight) shipments

recaddy

I was hoping somebody has osCommerce setup to sell goods out of a warehouse that are too big to ship UPS. Like full pallets of goods, or even full truckloads. I would like to see a shipping module that obtains freight quotes for LTL (less than load) shipments. To do this, one additional product attribute would have to be added so we can set the freight class. Additionally, it would be nice to have a module that determines a piece count.

Yellow Trucking company has API's that might do this. Freightquote.com has PHP API's, but they want $1,000 to let you use them. What other alternatives are there?

So much of the inventory I have is not on the web b/c I cannot set it up for shipping. Only a small percentage of goods small enough for UPS are on my site.

I've bought pallets on the net from several different sources before. None of them have given me a concrete price at the time of purchase. Usually what happens - someone from the company ballparks the number of pallets and weight, gets the price, then calls me for final approval before they charge it. Giving an exact freight cost on an online order is not something I have seen much of. Maybe there are those that do it, but I've never done business with them.

Long term - figure out how to integrate an api into oscommerce. Short term - add the products and call the customer with the total price. Just put plenty of notes on the site explaining that's how it happens with pallet loads.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, have not checked the forum in a month (end of school kept me busy). I will give a more detailed explanation. I will use N to represent some variable number.

Whenever I obtain a freight quote over the phone, I tell them I have NNNN Lbs. of class NN goods on NN pallets. The origin zip is NNNNN and the destination zip is NNNNN. My account number is NNNNNNN or my freight discount is NN%. Assume "no" on extra costs (HAZMAT, Residential delivery, liftgate, shedule deliver, COD, etc., etc.). The freight companies give me a exact cost (to the penny), a freight quote ID number, and an expiration date of the quote (usually one week).

So I just want a module that does all this automatically. Freightquote.com has a good web-based interface that will show what kind of information we need.

Determining the exact number of skids necessary is tough, but this module would be great for all orders that fit on exactly one skid. That would be the place to start.

I forgot to mention who I use right now. I use a variety of LTL freight companies. Some of them include Overnite, Roadway, Yellow, Old Dominion, Averett, FedEx Freight, Estes, and R & L.

• 5 weeks later...

Have you found anything out on this? I too require this type of module. We ship pallets ranging from 50 lbs to 1000 lbs. UPS can do it but it's not cheap. Overnite, G.O.D. Yellow, New Penn, etc would be perfect. Thanks in advance.

Mark

Contributions Used:

STS

B2B Suite

Description in Product Listing

Header Tag Controller

Easypopulate

Purchase Orders

USA Flag

Local Delivery

New Attributes Editor

Pickup

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a client who needs this capability in a hurry. They sell wood flooring. Basically, they need to do the same thing as is currently offered on builddirect.com:

-Always full pallets

-Ship from about 5 different locations

-Always quote from the nearest location, regardless of inventory

-Pallets are all the same weight, dimensions etc.

-Want at least 5 LTL quotes to choose from.

Anybody capable of doing this? Could it be up and running in a week? I'd be happy to discuss paying for the service.

Thanks, but my understanding is that FedEx Freight may be a good choice for the occasional shipment over 150 lbs, but is not a cost effective option for regular shipments of 2600 lb pallets. I really need a method for getting quotes from several LTL shippers.

Edited by wheeloftime

I am using the FedExFreight module.... however I am wondering about a couple things.

1- Our products will not all be shipping from a single locations. For example, a chair may ship from zip 66210, where a table may ship from zip 33615. Is it possible to assign a zip code to each product for shipping purposes, rather than a single zip code in the main module setup. We would also like to be able to add a S&H fee for some products, but it will not apply to ALL the products.

2- It doesn't appear that the user has the option to select if they will need a liftgate or not. The only person that knows this information is the customer, so it would really help out if the user could make that determination when checking out.

3- This one may be more complicated. One of the items we're shipping is table tops. We typically ship them on a pallet, up to 25. Is it possible for this module to calculate up to 25 tops + pallet as a single item, or does it make a difference in the shipping price if they are all a single item.

The most urgent one is #1. Thanks for any input anyone may have!!

• 3 months later...
I am using the FedExFreight module.... however I am wondering about a couple things.

1- Our products will not all be shipping from a single locations. For example, a chair may ship from zip 66210, where a table may ship from zip 33615. Is it possible to assign a zip code to each product for shipping purposes, rather than a single zip code in the main module setup. We would also like to be able to add a S&H fee for some products, but it will not apply to ALL the products.

2- It doesn't appear that the user has the option to select if they will need a liftgate or not. The only person that knows this information is the customer, so it would really help out if the user could make that determination when checking out.

3- This one may be more complicated. One of the items we're shipping is table tops. We typically ship them on a pallet, up to 25. Is it possible for this module to calculate up to 25 tops + pallet as a single item, or does it make a difference in the shipping price if they are all a single item.

The most urgent one is #1. Thanks for any input anyone may have!!

Edited by wheeloftime

• 9 months later...

I currently have in use a database I built that pulls shipping quotes based on account info. This is in commercial use in a manufacturing facility. While I realize this thread is old if anyone is interested in either my db or coding required to interface with shipping companies feel free to contact me directly. If they have a website they can be tapped for accurate quotes.

• 1 year later...

I would be interested in any API or built-in interface to add LTL shipping to the shopping cart for items over 100 pounds.

It would be great to add FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, and/or freightquote.com to the shipping options to a standard cart like aspdotnet or ablecommerce.

Can anyone point me to some working solutions?

• 3 months later...

Let us create a build pull for this project. Anyone interested int the LTL shipping module should chip in some $$$$ towards the build. I'm looking for a module that has frieghtquote.com capabilities and will like to contribute to the pool. Any thoughts please share.

Curiousity kills the cat but not George ;-).

• 2 weeks later...
Let us create a build pull for this project. Anyone interested int the LTL shipping module should chip in some $$$$ towards the build. I'm looking for a module that has frieghtquote.com capabilities and will like to contribute to the pool. Any thoughts please share.

This is what Iam looking for also. Doesn't ABF freight have a module?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

any member have any idea about UPS LTL freight shipping module addons or any type of support because i have no idea about of UPS LTL freight shipping module in oscommrece or other, so Please help me

amarbhanu

We don't use Signatures for external links.

any member have any idea about UPS LTL freight shipping module addons or any type of support because i have no idea about of UPS LTL freight shipping module in oscommrece or other, so Please help me

amarbhanu

We don't use Signatures for external links.