• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Worldpay callback URL

carruthers1

I have found where to put the URL in Worldpay but it still isn't going back to the site? To enter the callback URL you have to log into your admin area, then go down to the bit that says Installations for whatever, you should then see your site name with (select junior) next to it, on the right hand side click on configuration options which opens up a new screen. Here you can enter the callback URL and then you need to tick the box that says callback enable and I believe the other box that says use callback response. I haven't managed to get this to work yet. It worked once for me when I did a test. I recieved an order through OSCommerce and an email from worldpay to say the payment had been made, but I have had to use recover cart option to get the customers orders ever since then. Not sure why this is? if you manage to get it working properly please let me know

Hope this helps

Lisa

Did you put the callback url in both sections of your worldpay administration. test AND live ?? if not that will be your problem ! They both have induvidual configuration options.

Sam

Not meaning to sound rude, but did you read the install instructions?

5. In the WorldPay admin screen first enter the Callback URL as follows:

IMPORTANT: CALLBACK URL MUST BE SET EXACTLY - INCLUDING CASE - to:

If you ARE using SSL for the checkout procedure

https://<wpdisplay item="MC_callback">

If you are NOT using SSL for the checkout procedure

http://<wpdisplay item="MC_callback">

NOTE: THIS IS DIFFERENT TO EARLIER RELEASES OF THIS CONTRIBUTION.

Sam

Sam,

Don't worry, you could never sound rude as you have given me and so many others so much help.

The answers er............no. I had better read them tonight.

Thanks yet again,

Pompeylad.

PHP?!? Long live HTML!!!! But then again we never stop learning.

Sam,

I did that but it seems to stay on the WorldPay page. My thinking is that it would rediect the buyer back to my site, or am I mistaken?

Also when I process a test order I get an email from WP but not from OSC telling me the order and who has ordered it. The WP email tells me the address but not the post code?!?

Am I missing something?

Pompeylad.

And there was me thinking I was so close!

Saying that I have just got this email from my host:

Dear Webmaster,

A 404 file not found error occurred on your website gadgetxs.com with the following details:-

URL: http://gadgetxs.com/catalog/FILENAME_WPCALLBACK

Date and Time: Tue Apr 20 21:02:55 2004

Referring Page: .

You may have a broken link or the user may have specified an incorrect URL

Any ideas whats wrong?

Pompeylad

Edited by Pompeylad

Hi there -

Yes it should return you to your site.

The reason that you havn't recieved an email from os is because worldpay returns you to wpcallback.php which then forwards you to checkout_process.php which does the sending of the emails. So if you don't return you don't get emailed and the order doesn't show up in your admin.

There are 3 things that you should check first of all.

1) Make sure as it says in the post above if you are using ssl put https for your url and vice versa.

2) make sure you have ticked 'Callback enabled' in your worldpay admin

3) make sure you have ticked 'Use callback response?' in your worldpay admin (not sure if this one matters but i have ticked it :D)

Any probs let me know

Sam

Sorry you posted while i was writing my last post!

You have really got to read the install - lol :D

2. Add: define('FILENAME_WPCALLBACK', 'wpcallback.php');

To catalog/includes/filenames.php

lol

SAM

Did you put the callback url in both sections of your worldpay administration. test AND live ?? if not that will be your problem ! They both have induvidual configuration options.

Sam

Lisa,

Please disregard the post quoted - my mistake, i am wrong ! It has been so long since i went to that section that i had forgoten :lol:

Sam

I'm thinking of using Worlpay with a secure connection. If not using SSL, is there a risk that someone may steal my customers credit card numbers? Stupid question maybe, but I need to know if SSL is the only solution for my customers safety

Hello,

Your customers credit card details are safe with or without ssl on your site. You have no access to there card details it is all dealt with on the worldpay servers (which are obviously secure). The only thing that you could possibly get stolen is name, address email address etc - not card details.

Sam