• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linkpoint

laurton

I've had the contrib for LinkpointMS1andMS2 working perfectly. Now all of a sudden, when a customer wants to confirm an order, it takes a long time to go to the next screen, and suddenly I have that famous cURL error popping up again. Anybody have any suggestions?

thanks,

tony

Edited by laurton

Thanks for the response. Tha t did not work for me. It is still taking a long time to connect to the gateway, and I still get the cURL error. I can't seem to figure this one out. I contacted linkpoint thinking that there was a change in their coding, but they said that they've made no changes.

any other suggestions would be appreciated

tony

I remember this or something very similar happening on my site. As I recall the SSL port was being blocked by my host's firewall. Linkpoint secure site has a special port they use.

Check with your host to if they tightened down the "port" access.

The curl error is probably just a timeout condition with the firewall not letting the request in/out.

You can verify this by running the linkpoint test scripts at the shell level and set debug on. You'll see if the connections are being blocked as well as any other indicative messages that might point to the problem.

HTH

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

well everything has been working fine with linkpoint for me and then tonight i get emails that credit card sales wont go through....i went to the site and tried it myself and after i hit the confirm sale button it goes to page not found.....i have not done anything to the site or changed coding......now what is the problem......the whole linkpoint credit card module is not working at all?????????? anybody....please....

Jimbo442

Sounds like a communications problem between your host and linkpoint.

Could be a firewall issue.

Check with your host to see if any changes were made recently.

If you have ssh access, run the test scripts that linkpoint provides and turn on debugging in those test scripts. At the shell (ssh) you'll be able to see any firewall deny issues on the linkpoint ports etc.

HTH

Tom

I have been dealing with the exact same problem and finally I go t my Hosting company to admit that they had just added a firewall and had closed all the so called unused ports ... with in minutes of asking for a rule to allow access to the port for linkpoint the site was processing orders again... if the service was working your host made a change ... call them on it.

Gene

well to no avail....the hosting company says there is no problem on there end.......i think they are wrong but they say no.......anyway i have tried to run the test program and i still get 404 or it just hangs....same thing it does in the actual credit card module......im losing sales because no one can get past the confirm screen.....this was working great a few days ago and now it is garbage.......

Anybody else got any ideas....maybe a new hosting company......this is killin me here,....

Jim

would consider looking for a new host and knowing ahead of time that you need cURL support as well as access to port 1129 you have a good idea of questions to ask when looking for a new host.

Jim,

If you run the test script at the command line and NOT in your browser you will at least see any errors messages that are being generated from curl and other processes that will not show up in the browser. The 404 page not found won't help you determine exactly why the script can't communicate. Also with the output from the command line you can show your doubtful HOST provider the actual failed communication messages.

If you don't have ssh access AND your host won't work with you to resolve it, then RUN as fast as you can to a new ISP.

Let me know if I can help any.

Tom

It's included in the PHP Wrapper that you can get on the Linkpoint support site. It's free, and it contains sample code on all of the types of transactions you can perform using their interface.

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

OK - got mine working. My problem was with the PEM file. From LinkPoint the file looked like this:

=========Begin RSA Code============asdgjjhnsdji823907kzvlhasdhhads

adsjfghsdhfg0932587lkandgvlhlasdo098702350

099142390knlzklasdpjiuaspiu0213498099-8123

========End RSA Code ==============

Notice that the first line was missing a line feed, and started at the end of the comment that begins the code. This was true for both sections.

For all the folks having problems, check to be sure this isn't happening in your PEM file - this results in the error message saying CURL could not be run.

Just something else to check!

-John

John Skurka