Sign in to follow this  
Aziz

How do i set up my credit card machine?

I have a credit card machine which i want the system to use it for payments instead of using paypal and 2checkout or any other systems (its cheapre)..

Do i need some kind os special contriubtion or system?

please advice

thanks

aziz

--------------------------------

You probably want to get one of the cc modules with encryption for security's sake, but the regular cc.php module has the basic functionality.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

You probably want to get one of the cc modules with encryption for security's sake, but the regular cc.php module has the basic functionality. 

Hth,

Matt

Thanks for answering..

But how does the module connect to the CC maching to process the payment and see if it is valid or not.

Does it do it by itself? i cant seem to reckon how it can be done (how does it know its the machine)..

thanks again for answering

aziz,

Edited by Aziz

--------------------------------

There is no link between your computer / Internet and your CC machine.

Never will be a link, or a need for one. That would also be a HUGE security issue.

Just process the orders manually.

Get the Credit Card # from the Orders page / Email and process them manually.

That simple.

If you want to process them automatically .. you will need an eCommerce solution as well .. that CC machine won't help in that case. Call your Merchant services rep and they will direct you to the additional services. (not free by the way.)

Hope this helps.

Scooterboy

No but when you authorise the card with your machine - don't you get AVS then? You therefore need to state in your T&C's that an order is not fully accepted until a despatch email has been sent - ie after you have cleared the transaction.

Also to go back to the question about automatically handling it. You can do this. If you have a CC machine you must also have a Merchant Account. You can therefore subscribe to an Internet Payment Processor / Gateway. They act like a virtual CC machine that plugs into osC. You then give them your Merchant Number so it is still your bank etc that does the acquisition for the transaction... (unlike paypal or 2co who are acting as 3rd party payment providers and therefore taking the money on your behalf).

Here in the UK such companies are Protx and SECPay. In the US I believe one of the biggest players is Authorize.NET... can't be that big though incorrectly spelling Authorise :P