The e-commerce.

Monthly Sales & Tax version 2

zzfritz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fritz,

I have some trouble using this great contribution with a german shop.

This is an order:

Artikel Artikel-Nr. MwSt. Preis (exkl.) Preis (inkl.) Total (exkl.) Total (inkl.)

Article xxxxxx 7% 27,99EUR 29,95EUR 27,99EUR 29,95EUR (includes VAT 7%)

Sub-Total: 29,95EUR (includes VAT, in this case only 7%)

Cash on Delivery Fee: 12,00EUR (includes VAT 16%)

German Post (Dispatch to IT: (1 x 3.3 kg)): 19,85EUR (includes VAT 16%)

Total: 61,80EUR (includes VAT 7 & 16%)

enthaltene MwSt. 7%: 1,96EUR (means VAT 7%)

enthaltene MwSt. 16%: 4,40EUR (means VAT 16%)

an this will be reportet:

Month Apr

Day 7

Gross 56.16

Income Product 29.95

sales Nontaxed -29.95

sales Taxed 59.90

sales Taxes 6.36

collected Shipping & Handling 19.85

GiftVouchers 12.00

If I understand it correctly,

gross must be 61.80, not 56.16

Income Product is correct: 29.95

sales Nontaxed must be 0, not -29.95

sales Taxed must be 61.80, not 59.90

sales Taxes is correct: 6.36

collected Shipping & Handling is correct too: 19.85

GiftVouchers must be an extra col named COD, value is correct: 12.00

Can you help us germans?

Thank you, Ralf

The miscalculations have been corrected in v 2.0.1, just uploaded:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,539

This upload includes the missing language files, for whose omission I apologize. Please share your corrections and improvements to the translations.

To rename the "extra" column, edit the define statement in the language file for TABLE_HEADING_OTHER at about line 41.

Hi Fritz,

I am having a problem with saving the csv file.

I changed the permissions on the file stats_monthly_sales.php that didn't help either. I think that it might be because I am on a shared SSL or may be something else but it keeps telling me that: (alert box)

"IE cannot download stats_monthly_sales.php from host"

"IE could not open this site, this site is either unavailable or cannot be found"

you probably know what message I'm refering to...

any ways, other then that it is a lovely reporting tool and I'm sure that it will help me shed some light on how my store is doing.

Thank you,

Amitai

Thanks for your great work. I tried to install the actual Version 2.0.1 on MS 1 and it worked but the output made sometimes no sense, also the drilled down page showed nonsense ;) .

I use your report for MS 1 so it is not so important, but let me ask you, was it your intention to let this also work with MS1 or only MS2?

Thanks a lot.

Stefan Fritsche

www.klosterbrauerei.com

Hello Fritz,

I have some trouble using this great contribution with a german shop.

This is an order:

Artikel Artikel-Nr. MwSt. Preis (exkl.) Preis (inkl.) Total (exkl.) Total (inkl.)

Article xxxxxx 7% 27,99EUR 29,95EUR 27,99EUR 29,95EUR (includes VAT 7%)

Sub-Total: 29,95EUR (includes VAT, in this case only 7%)

Cash on Delivery Fee: 12,00EUR (includes VAT 16%)

German Post (Dispatch to IT: (1 x 3.3 kg)): 19,85EUR (includes VAT 16%)

Total: 61,80EUR (includes VAT 7 & 16%)

enthaltene MwSt. 7%: 1,96EUR (means VAT 7%)

enthaltene MwSt. 16%: 4,40EUR (means VAT 16%)

an this will be reportet:

Month Apr

Day 7

Gross 56.16

Income Product 29.95

sales Nontaxed -29.95

sales Taxed 59.90

sales Taxes 6.36

collected Shipping & Handling 19.85

GiftVouchers 12.00

If I understand it correctly,

gross must be 61.80, not 56.16

Income Product is correct: 29.95

sales Nontaxed must be 0, not -29.95

sales Taxed must be 61.80, not 59.90

sales Taxes is correct: 6.36

collected Shipping & Handling is correct too: 19.85

GiftVouchers must be an extra col named COD, value is correct: 12.00

Can you help us germans?

Thank you, Ralf

I also have this probblem (version2.01) in english, german and dutch

I realy want this contribution to work because it is a super contribution!!!!

I hope you can help!!

I saw Wicked and ISG also have the same problem. I forgot to mention it is also a german shop if this matter. Especially the minus calculation was suprising me :) .

sales Nontaxed -29.95

HTH

Stefan Fritsche

www.klosterbrauei.com

To Chris, this is and will remain only a financial reporting tool and not a marketing tracker. I agree that the marketing report would be valuable, but it should not be piggybacked onto this one which is already crowded enough.

To Wicked and the Germans, the language is not the problem but perhaps the difference I had not anticipated is in the way your order totals are composed. My assumption in the financial calculations was that ot_total is the sum of all the other entries for the order (ot_subtotal, ot_tax, ot_shipping, ot_loworderfee, etc). If that is not correct, I need to be educated. Maybe we could private message and share some data for testing.

kooyan, version 2.0.1 should work on both MS1 and MS2 since the structure of the orders and orders_total tables is the same.

I will keep plugging away with this.

The next enhancement that I am testing is a popup window that shows the breakdown of taxes for each month or day. If you have more than one tax class (for instance, two different VATs or maybe a sales tax and a luxury tax), the subtotal for each will be given. The main purpose of this report is to assist stores in maintaining and reporting the sales and tax data required by their jurisdiction's taxing authority.

The data is great and the remainder of the contribution works fine for me. As a work around, I've just taken out the 'save csv' button for now.

In admin/stats_monthly_sales.php

<?php };
 };
// done with report body
//
// button for Save CSV
/* Doesn't work for me - causes download of stats_monthly_sales.php instead.
if ($num_rows>0 && !$print) {
?>
<tr>
   <td class="smallText" colspan="4"><form action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?>" method=post><input type='hidden' name='csv' value='<?php echo $csv_accum; ?>'><input type='hidden' name='saveas' value='sales_report_<?php
  	 //suggested file name for csv, include year and month if detail
  	 //include status if selected, end with date and time of report
   if ($sel_month<10) $sel_month_2 = "0" . $sel_month; 
   else $sel_month_2 = $sel_month;
   if ($sel_month<>0) echo $sel_year . $sel_month_2 . "_";
   if (strpos($orders_status_text,' ')) echo substr($orders_status_text, 0, strpos($orders_status_text,' ')) . "_" . date("YmdHi"); else echo $orders_status_text . "_" . date("YmdHi"); 
   ?>'><input type="submit" value="<?php echo TEXT_BUTTON_REPORT_SAVE;?>"></form>
   </td>
</tr>
<?php }; 
*/
// end button for Save CSV ?>

If anyone sorts it out please let me know and I will do the same.

cheers

Simon

Anyone using BTS with this and getting this error?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php:1) in /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

on line 22 of general.php it shows

header('Location: ' . $url);

Thanks.

Talon's well known error message is the one indicating some script has a space or extra new line character at the end. Probably happened when editing.

For those having a failure on the Save CSV, I am reviewing the coding standards for SSL since this is most likely where I failed to anticipate the compatibility problems.

Version 2.1 is released today, as announced here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act...ndpost&p=345315

Reluctantly I removed the "taxed" and "nontaxed" columns, which were among the original reasons I wrote the report in the first place. These were meaningful only for stores which assessed tax on some order but not on others, and there are too many variations and uncertainties to be accommodated without the ability to configure the report. Someday (please, Harald) reports will be modules with configurablity.

Now there is no assumption about the relationship of the orders_total components, so the report should make sense for all stores.

Translations of the language files for german and espanol would be appreciated, and included in the next release.

Edited by zzfritz

Hello Fritz

Many thanks for your great contribution which adds real

and important usability to OSC.

For real merchants, sooner or later, accounts for taxation

becomes a serious issue.

Our accountant loves this report and the TAXABLE AND

NON TAXABLE columns you added are really important.

All the drill down features are great financial tools.

I will for now stick with your previous version.

Fritz,

I've just updated to V2.1 and I must say I really think you should put the TAX and NOTAX colums back in.

It's nice to see that the GROSS amount is now correct though.

I know this may be a little hard but I have a couple of suggestions that may help a few people.

1, GROSS amount - as V2.1

2, NON TAXED sales amount - Value of sales without TAX

3, TAXED sales amount - Value of sales without TAX

4, TAX Collected - as previous

Steps 2 & 3 would give a true NET amount, where in V2 the NET amount of TAXED sales was showing the GROSS amount of the sale.

I also have other suggestions if you are interested, I just wish I knew enough about PHP to do them myself :blink:

It is useful to know that many appreciated the prior attempt to summarize taxed vs. nontaxed sales, for the same reason I did. Indeed, it was meant to please an accountant.

One uncertainty I had about taxed/nontaxed is this: should the distinction be based simply on whether the products were shipped inside or outside the store zone (the presumptive basis for sales tax in the US states). Earlier versions of the report divided the product subtotals this way.

The alternative, employed in version 2.0, is to summarize the subtotals of orders which had some tax charged, and those which had no tax. This has the virtue of being apparently independent of the reason for charging tax (i.e., not based on the shipping destination). But it could be deceptive if an order included some taxed and some nontaxed items, in which case to get an accurate summary the report would have to walk through each product of each order as the checkout process did. I am not even certain that all the details available at checkout are retained in the database to permit such an approach.

Maybe I should post three variations of this report: one without the taxed/nontaxed columns, one with the columns based on store zone, and one based on whether tax was charged. Opinions, please?

Edited by zzfritz

i now understand the trouble that the calculation of taxes can be ..

by the way , im in europe and it would be evene more complicated because some people from inside europe have to pay the taxe , and other form outside dont have to if they are entreprises , but should pay the taxes to their country .. i dont enter in details since i didnt really understood all the aspect ... but this taxe matters is important , and need to be really precisly implemented , seing all the cases .... thanks for this usefull report tool .. i m willing to translate it in french if nobody did it already ...

MS2

Could it just give the total of products purchased with tax, and then products purchased without tax. In the US you would only charge tax for the state your business is operated in. Having this would surely help accountants and yourself do your taxes.

Thanks again

Let's see if I can help a little bit.

First of all:

- I use your report almost everyday to get a hint how my store is doing.

Next:

- I use your report 1.5 2003/01/04

This one works perfect

I want to show what is pulled out of the database and how to read it:

German:

- Monat

- Jahr

- Brutto Wert Rechnungen (inkl. Steuern aber ohne Nachnahme Geb?hr)

- Brutto Wert Produkt Verk?ufe

- Verk?ufe au?erhalb Brandenburgs

- Verk?ufe in Brandenburg

- Steuern 7% und 16%

- Fracht & Verpackung

- Nachnahme Geb?hr

English:

- month

-year

- Gross amount all bills (inkl. tax but without COD Fee)

- Gross amount all products sales

- Sales outside of brandenburg

- Sales in Brandenburg

- Taxes 7% und 16%

- Fright and shipping

- COD Charge

Version 2.1 prints out

German:

- Monat

- Jahr

- Netto Wert Rechnungen (ohne Steuern aber mit Nachnahme Geb?hr)

- Brutto Wert Produkt Verk?ufe

- Steuern 7% und 16% mit pop up

- Fracht & Verpackung

- Nachnahme Geb?hr

English:

- month

- year

- Net amount all bills (without tax but with COD Fee)

- Gross amount all products sales

- Taxes 7% und 16% with pop up

- Fright and shipping

- COD Charge

Pop Up in V2.1

2004/4

-----------------------------------

enthaltene (incl). 16% MwSt: 7.43

enthaltene (incl) 7% MwSt: 0.90

enthaltene (incl) MwSt. 16%: 0.66

-----------------------------------

(I changed of course the values, I made them higher :D )

I personally don't use the tax calculation of OSC, because it is not a certified tool, but of course I enjoy reading it. Anyway I am wondering why the tax class 16% shows two times in the pop up. I only definied 2 Tax clases (7% reduced and 16% normal tax).

I would love to have back the total of saales in gross amount (incl. tax) because the number is higher ;) and I really find it very useful to see how maany people are ordering in the same state (Brandenburg) where we are located, because they could also buy our beer in a normal shop, but they enjoy shopping over the internet. So this is indeed a very interesting figure.

I hope to help the discussion.

With best regards

Stefan Fritsche

www.klosterbrauerei.com

Edited by kooyan