• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Single Product -> Multiple Categories using EP

dimports

I have products that would fit in a few different categories. Instead of creating a whole new file and having products duplicated across several files, is there a way to tell EP to put this single product in multiple categories?

See thats the way I do it now. I organize my files by categories. So if I wanted something to exist in two categories, then the row would be duplicated.. One in one category file, and the other duplicate in the other category file. But when it comes time to update the price for that product, I have to go back in every file it exists in and change it. It would be nice if I can assign the product a 2nd category using the same row.

• 3 months later...
But when it comes time to update the price for that product, I have to go back in every file it exists in and change it.
I would just make a separate file that only contains the products_model and price columns and always import that after importing anything else. Then you just need to make price changes in one place.

It would be possible to reprogram EP to use multiple category paths, but there is no simple configuration change to do it.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.