• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones...

Almirena

The following error message appears when I go to the shipping module in admin:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class zones in /home/sounds/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/zones.php on line 97

This occurred after I followed the instructions for the Additional Shipping Options for Zone Modules, since I need to be able to send goods from Australia to overseas (various postage rates to various continents for various weights, and various postage rates to various states within Australia for various weights).

Can anyone help? What's gone wrong? I'm not familiar with PHP, but willing to experiment - however, since I need to get this up and running asap, I don't have the time to learn in-depth...

This, by the way, is the code in the zones.php file in includes/modules/shipping:

<?php

/*

$Id: zones.php,v 1.20 2003/06/15 19:48:09 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

USAGE

By default, the module comes with support for 1 zone.  This can be

easily changed by editing the line below in the zones constructor

that defines $this->num_zones.

Next, you will want to activate the module by going to the Admin screen,

clicking on Modules, then clicking on Shipping.  A list of all shipping

modules should appear.  Click on the green dot next to the one labeled

zones.php.  A list of settings will appear to the right.  Click on the

Edit button.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CURRENT SHIPPING RATES AND OTHER

SETTINGS IF YOU TURN OFF THIS SHIPPING METHOD.  Make sure you keep a

backup of your shipping settings somewhere at all times.

If you want an additional handling charge applied to orders that use this

method, set the Handling Fee field.

Next, you will need to define which countries are in each zone.  Determining

this might take some time and effort.  You should group a set of countries

that has similar shipping charges for the same weight.  For instance, when

shipping from the US, the countries of Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and

Singapore have similar shipping rates.  As an example, one of my customers

is using this set of zones:

1: USA

2: Canada

3: Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, France, Germany, Greenland, Iceland,

Ireland, Italy, Norway, Holland/Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Spain,

Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Portugal, Israel, Greece

4: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore

5: Taiwan, China, Hong Kong

When you enter these country lists, enter them into the Zone X Countries

fields, where "X" is the number of the zone.  They should be entered as

two character ISO country codes in all capital letters.  They should be

separated by commas with no spaces or other punctuation. For example:

1: US

2: CA

3: GB,FR,DE,NL,JP

4: JP,AU,NZ,SG

5: TW,CN,HK

Now you need to set up the shipping rate tables for each zone.  Again,

some time and effort will go into setting the appropriate rates.  You

will define a set of weight ranges and the shipping price for each

range.  For instance, you might want an order than weighs more than 0

and less than or equal to 3 to cost 5.50 to ship to a certain zone. 

This would be defined by this:  3:5.5

You should combine a bunch of these rates together in a comma delimited

list and enter them into the "Zone X Shipping Table" fields where "X"

is the zone number.  For example, this might be used for Zone 1:

1:3.5,2:3.95,3:5.2,4:6.45,5:7.7,6:10.4,7:11.85, 8:13.3,9:14.75,10:16.2,11:17.65,

12:19.1,13:20.55,14:22,15:23.45

The above example includes weights over 0 and up to 15.  Note that

units are not specified in this explanation since they should be

specific to your locale.

CAVEATS

At this time, it does not deal with weights that are above the highest amount

defined.  This will probably be the next area to be improved with the

module.  For now, you could have one last very high range with a very

high shipping rate to discourage orders of that magnitude.  For

instance:  999:1000

If you want to be able to ship to any country in the world, you will

need to enter every country code into the Country fields. For most

shops, you will not want to enter every country.  This is often

because of too much fraud from certain places. If a country is not

listed, then the module will add a $0.00 shipping charge and will

indicate that shipping is not available to that destination. 

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ORDER CAN STILL BE COMPLETED AND PROCESSED!

It appears that the osC shipping system automatically rounds the

shipping weight up to the nearest whole unit.  This makes it more

difficult to design precise shipping tables.  If you want to, you

can hack the shipping.php file to get rid of the rounding.

Lastly, there is a limit of 255 characters on each of the Zone

Shipping Tables and Zone Countries.

*/

class zones {

var $code, $title, $description, $enabled, $num_zones;

// class constructor

function zones() {

$this->code = 'zones';

$this->title = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE;

$this->description = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;

$this->sort_order = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER;

$this->icon = '';

$this->tax_class = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS;

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 3;

}

// class methods

function quote($method = '') {

global $order, $cart, $shipping_weight, $shipping_num_boxes;

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_MODE == 'price') {

$order_total = $cart->show_total();

} else {

$order_total = $shipping_weight;

}

$dest_country = $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];

$dest_zone = 0;

$error = false;

for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) {

$countries_table = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i);

$country_zones = split("[,]", $countries_table);

if (in_array($dest_country, $country_zones)) {

$dest_zone = $i;

break;

}

}

if ($dest_zone == 0) {

$error = true;

} else {

$shipping = -1;

$zones_cost = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COST_' . $dest_zone);

$zones_table = split("[:,]" , $zones_cost);

$size = sizeof($zones_table);

for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) {

if ($order_total <= $zones_table[$i]) {

$shipping = $zones_table[$i+1];

$shipping_method = constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TITLE_' . $dest_zone);

if (MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_MODE == 'weight')

$shipping_method .= " : " . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS;

break;

}

}

if ($shipping == -1) {

$shipping_cost = 0;

$shipping_method = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_UNDEFINED_RATE;

} else {

$shipping_cost = ($shipping * $shipping_num_boxes) + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_' . $dest_zone);

}

}

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_TITLE,

'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,

'title' => $shipping_method,

'cost' => $shipping_cost)));

if ($this->tax_class > 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = tep_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class, $order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);

}

if (tep_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = tep_image($this->icon, $this->title);

if ($error == true) $this->quotes['error'] = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_INVALID_ZONE;

return $this->quotes;

}

function check() {

if (!isset($this->_check)) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS'");

$this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);

}

return $this->_check;

}

function install() {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable Zones Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to offer zone rate shipping?', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'tep_get_tax_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Table Method', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_MODE', 'weight', 'The shipping cost is based on the order total or the total weight of the items ordered.', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'weight\', \'price\'), ', now())");

for ($i = 1; $i <= $this->num_zones; $i++) {

$default_countries = '';

if ($i == 1) {

$default_countries = 'US';

} else if ($i == 2) {

$default_countries = 'CA';

}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Zone " . $i ." Countries', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COUNTRIES_" . $i ."', '" . $default_countries . "', 'Comma separated list of two character ISO country codes that are part of Zone " . $i . ".', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Zone " . $i ." Shipping Method Name', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TITLE_" . $i ."', 'UPS Ground " . $default_countries . "', 'Description of this shipping method shown during checkout. ie. UPS Ground.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Zone " . $i ." Shipping Table', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COST_" . $i ."', '3:8.50,7:10.50,99:20.00', 'Shipping rates to Zone " . $i . " destinations based on a group of maximum order weights. Example: 3:8.50,7:10.50,... Weights less than or equal to 3 would cost 8.50 for Zone " . $i . " destinations.', '6', '0', now())");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Zone " . $i ." Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_" . $i."', '0', 'Handling Fee for this shipping zone', '6', '0', now())");

}

}

function remove() {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");

}

function keys() {

$keys = array('MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_STATUS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_MODE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TAX_CLASS', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_SORT_ORDER');

for ($i=1; $i<=$this->num_zones; $i++) {

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' . $i;

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TITLE_' . $i;

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_COST_' . $i;

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_HANDLING_' . $i;

}

return $keys;

}

}

?>

Line 97 has:

class zones {

I am not familiar with your mod, but, the above can only be declared once - perhaps you need to uninstall the default zones module to use your mods (re-read the documentation)? It is also possible that your contribution is old and therefore not compatible. Look for the above code in your new files.

Matti

There is a 'remove' button when you select the module in admin - it can also be just turned off, however, I would be wary that there may be a conflict using this method - try it, if it doesn't work then try remove - to reinstall you simply click the 'install' button, so its not a problem. Please read the docs for your new module ;)

Matti

I had already read the documentation, such as it was, for the new module.

I double-checked the shipping module selection in admin, and zone WAS deselected. By clicking onto it and having the options EDIT or REMOVE, then clicking onto REMOVE, nothing further was accomplished. It remains uninstalled, as it was before.

I'm at my wit's end.

I think I have solved the problem. I ended up discarding the module and just copying and editing the zones.php files myself.

Thanks for the suggestions and help - if anyone else gets into the same situation, they're free to email me for more detailed descriptions of what I did to install several different zone modules, for the following areas:

Seven states within Australia

New Zealand

Countries in postal zones 1, 2, and 3

Countries in postal zone 4

Countries in postal zone 5.

My modules are, of course, set up for postal rates from Victoria, Australia, but can easily be edited within admin to suit individual needs.

• 10 months later...
I think I have solved the problem. I ended up discarding the module and just copying and editing the zones.php files myself.

Thanks for the suggestions and help - if anyone else gets into the same situation, they're free to email me for more detailed descriptions of what I did to install several different zone modules, for the following areas:

Seven states within Australia

New Zealand

Countries in postal zones 1, 2, and 3

Countries in postal zone 4

Countries in postal zone 5.

My modules are, of course, set up for postal rates from Victoria, Australia, but can easily be edited within admin to suit individual needs.

This just happened to me. All you have to do is to delete the zone_single.php file.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the very same problem - after long frustrating hours I finally discovered that I had uploaded the wrong files into the languages/english/modules/shipping directory. Instead of the language zones.php file, I had uploaded the one which lives in modules/shipping, so the calss was declared twice.

• 1 year later...

I also got this error when I tried to be clever and keeping an old version of zones.php in the modules folder whilst upgrading to the additional shipping mode zones module.

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1752/category,2/search,express)

By leaving the old zones.php in the directory (albeit, renamed 'zones-old.php') oscommerce simply read both files in and tried to rerun the various processes. I renamed the file 'zones.php.old' which oscommerce doesn't read and life was sweet again.

Complete schoolboy error. I feel so ashamed.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm having the same problem.. i'd tried with the "Additional Shipping Options for Zone Module" and set up shipping rates as for eg. 100:5,500:8,1000:10

i put in the product a weight of 50 and it shows a wrong weight and price..

can someone help me??

thank's

• 7 months later...
I also got this error when I tried to be clever and keeping an old version of zones.php in the modules folder whilst upgrading to the additional shipping mode zones module.

(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1752/category,2/search,express)

By leaving the old zones.php in the directory (albeit, renamed 'zones-old.php') oscommerce simply read both files in and tried to rerun the various processes. I renamed the file 'zones.php.old' which oscommerce doesn't read and life was sweet again.

Complete schoolboy error. I feel so ashamed.

OH MY GAWD - I can't believe it was that simple. I was having problems because I renamed one of my modules "table pre-jan05.php" and it was causing all kinds of errors with my table.php I was getting cannot redeclare class table issues.

Finally after reading this, I just deleted the "table pre-jan05.php" and now it works.

Teresa