• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do youget STS to work?

samsin

This is my second attempt at STS. I tried about 2 weeks ago and finally gave up after many frustrating hours. I have followed instructions exactly. I have done many clean installs, copied the required fies from STS in ACSII not binary, added the define requirements in the proper place and changed all the permissions that it calls for. Then I start the program and I get this:

Template file doesn't exist: [sTS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE]

Warning: fopen(STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 120

Can't open Template file: [sTS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE]

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 124

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 124

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 125

Warning: main(STS_USER_CODE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 138

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_USER_CODE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 138

This certainly is not a simple program to install. What is the secret? Can anybody help? I would love to know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Edited by Johnson

Me too..............I've been getting the same errors and I have followed the instructions. I have a feeling it may have something to do with us using a newer version of PHP? Mine is the lastest stable version for Linux....I remember months ago getting STS to work fine on a machine running an older version of Linux, Apache and PHP....I suspect this is part of the problem?

Maybe we need an updated STS that works under newer configurations?

do you have these defines in catalog/includes/configure.php

define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');
define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php'); 
define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');
define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/');
define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html'); 
define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');
define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');

have you tried the contributions support thread

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thank you for the help. I had left out one word which solved my part of my problem. I now get this when i try to install:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php:53) in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/configure.php:53) in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: main(STS_USER_CODE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 138

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'STS_USER_CODE' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sportsfu/public_html/catalog/includes/sts_display_output.php on line 138

I am a newbie and I am trying to learn PHP, but obviously there is a lot more to do here than the author of this script lets on. He says just load these files and edit this and your home free. BS!!! I have read the documentation, but I don't see where I am make my mistake and the help comes about every two weeks, so you can't make much progress.

SESSION DIRECTORY DOES NOT EXIST

change the last line in the following files

catalog/includes/configure.php

admin/includes/configure.php

from

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

you may also have a whitespace causing the first error message

Header Whitespace

download the file catalog/includes/configure.php open it and place your cursor after the last ?> then press delete several times, save the file and upload it.

Do not use the file manager to edit online as this can cause the whitespace.

instead use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file to a local machine and edit then upload using the ftp program

If you require more information then Click

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

You might want to take a look at your configure file. I seem to recall a problem like this that was caused by my mangling that file. Be sure all of the files you edited or added are in catalog/includes, not catalog/admin. Be sure when you copy and paste that you do not cut off a trailing } or ; or some other symbol. STS does work and, once you get the hang of it, is quite easy to install (although it is not compatible with all contributions). It is obvious you are frustrated - I know that feeling well with OSC. But keep at it and you'll get the hang of it.

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Also, make sure that you are following the directions in the readme.txt file that came with it, not the old version's directions that are on the contribution's download page. That one is about 8 versions old and I'll be asking the webmaster to remove it. (thanks for the tip, stigc8).

- Brian

Simple Template System (STS)

Layout your site with 1 (or more) HTML file!

Download STS: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58541

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I am really struggling to understand what I am missing here. I have installed sts template and all of the files as directed in the README. I have also added the includes to the config file. However, when I make changes to the sts_template.html, my website layout does not change.

Can anyone suggest what I am not doing correctly??

_mc

• 2 weeks later...