• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PreOrder or Checkout Later Module?

DOes anyone know of a preorder or aa checkout later module?

What I need is for the customer to be able to preorder the item but not have to pay until they are billed later.

• 3 years later...

simply add product without quantity of it & put in description PreOrder available now, the shopping cart will display on checkout page the following message:

"Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

This message can be changed in language files, if you wish to change.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 6 months later...
simply add product without quantity of it & put in description PreOrder available now, the shopping cart will display on checkout page the following message:

"Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.

You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate deliver in the checkout process."

This message can be changed in language files, if you wish to change.

does the customer get charged right away? or only when the product is available?

this is for paypal

Edited by cloudzero

I'd like to know more about the payment aspect of this option as you will either have to use an astronomical stock quantity or really track your inventory within oscommerce to prevent items running out of stock when they are not preorders.

I may create a contribution for this in the near future if I discover that this really isn't too flexible or viable given some simple requirements.

If you have the answer to the payment/total issue before I get a chance to check on it, or you want to talk more about this functionality, feel free to contact me. (see profile)

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

I am planning on checking out the method posted in this topic, but if it doesn't really work the way I need it to, then I will be writing a contribution to handle this need.

Basically I need to have an item placed on the site and have customers "preorder" the item with maybe a countdown as to how many need to be ordered before the item will be produced. The countdown is not absolutely needed, but the store I need to do this with has close to 3K products and does not handle inventory online as they manufacture to order.

If this sounds close to what you need cloudzero, let me know and I will see what I come up with...

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address